Strange battery recommendaton for G&G guns.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I had been thinking about buying a GR15 Raider - metal rails and polymer receiver,  but noticed that Zero One recommended an 8.4 2200 Mah for it. I phoned to ask them why not a 9.6 1600 and was told I could use it but it would invalidate the G&G guarantee.

Then as I perused their site further, I noticed that 8.4 batteries were recommended for  large numbers of G&G guns  up to and including the Top Tech ones. 

And yet , in the 2018 G&G Catalogue, 9.6 batteries are recommended for even the cheapest combat machines - provided there is space for them.

I was very surprised by Zero One's policy.. Will a 9.6 actually wreck a basic or intermediate combat machine? 

Which will cause greater wear to a rifle's gearbox: a 9.6 or a 7.4 lipo? The nimh has greater voltage, but the lipo will generally provide a greater ROF.

And while I'm on the subject, is the GR15 Raider a decent sort of gun?

Somebody who was new to airsoft, hadn't bothered to do much research, and didn't have access to the excellent advice available on forums like this, might end up buying an 8.4 battery for a £330 Top Tech TR4 CQB H with Mosfet.

Surely this is a mistake, and the site isn't up to date.

I thought the 8.4 for a GR15 Raider was bad enough.

Any G&G with mosfet/ETU setup needs an 11.1 to function correctly is what I was told. The only risk then is shredding the piston of the AoE isn’t correct, but the place I bought from extends warranty on piston to 6 months 

Archived