Recommended upgrades CYMA 0.45

Ballist1x
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys looking to find the best starter upgrades for my aks74u cm045b, I want to increase accuracy, range etc using 0.25bbs 

I will primarily be using this for cqb .

Upgrades so far;

lipo 7.4v 30c 1450mha battery

Sling

MB 2" Ext Barrel extension

Acetech tracer

Next?

Hop up?

RHop?

6.03 barrel 300mm?

368mm barrel? 

How big is the CQB site you play e.g. the longest range you face on a regular basis? 

For me personally regarding CQB  I would look at trigger response does the site you play only allows semi-auto or can you use full auto as well? 

With regards to your original question regarding range and accuracy, I personly find a combination of Hop Unit mainly Pro-win, or E&l and  Retro Arms AK hop unit ( basically copies of the pro win) due to the fact that they can be connected to the gearbox helping with air seal combined with PTFE tape mods to also help with air seal you could also use the  ASG Lonex AK hop up if you can not find previously mention hop units .

Then I go on to Hop rubber Mad Bull blue 60-degree hop rubber is very good, R- hoping could be done and I have had some good results but a lot of people recommend the use of heavyweight bbs, with regards to barrel the debate I have, is between wide bore and tight bore, I have used both and I personally favour wide obviously buy the best you can afford such as PDI, Orga barrel etc . 

Obviously, these are my personal favourites and opinions and you should try and see what is best for you through trial and error.

On 6/18/2018 at 7:45 PM, Sniper780 said:

How big is the CQB site you play e.g. the longest range you face on a regular basis? 

For me personally regarding CQB  I would look at trigger response does the site you play only allows semi-auto or can you use full auto as well? 

With regards to your original question regarding range and accuracy, I personly find a combination of Hop Unit mainly Pro-win, or E&l and  Retro Arms AK hop unit ( basically copies of the pro win) due to the fact that they can be connected to the gearbox helping with air seal combined with PTFE tape mods to also help with air seal you could also use the  ASG Lonex AK hop up if you can not find previously mention hop units .

Then I go on to Hop rubber Mad Bull blue 60-degree hop rubber is very good, R- hoping could be done and I have had some good results but a lot of people recommend the use of heavyweight bbs, with regards to barrel the debate I have, is between wide bore and tight bore, I have used both and I personally favour wide obviously buy the best you can afford such as PDI, Orga barrel etc . 

Obviously, these are my personal favourites and opinions and you should try and see what is best for you through trial and error.

Thanks for that I've been looking around and obviously as a budget build im thinking maybe zci 6.02mm 300mm inner barrel.

I've looked at Rhopping and I think it's beyond me. Is settle for a maple leaf one but no idea which to get?

Indoor mostly 10-40m ranges I guess. With some outdoor to in and in to outdoor defend the base type games thrown in.

How complicated is it to replace the hop up unit? I've never worked on an aeg before only chsnged my outer barrel extension and battery!

Edit typically il be using 0.25bbs

I have not had any experience with the maple leaf brand so a can't recommend which one to get. 

If you are not confident with regards to r-hoping there are place/website that will do r-hoping for you but they are expensive.  

Personally, the ranges 10-40m you are engaging I do not think you will have to do much to increase range if at all remember there is a bedding in time for hop up rubbers after so many rounds you will find that they start to settle. I am assuming it a brand new AEG so not too many bbs through it so you might want to give it a chance and see if it change after couple thousand of rounds.  But you know what best for you and your AEG

With regards to changing the Hop units on AK I personly do not find them particularly hard, there are plenty of videos on youtube that can provide a guide and I am sure the folk on here (A-F) would be willing to help if you get stuck.  

The standard maple leaf is the 60 degree, but if you run low powered to increase the ROF say 310 fps and are never going to push the gun up to 345 you might try the 50 degree. It's softer and needs less pressure to get a good backspin. Regardless of the shore hardness of the bucking you need to use the correct nub for the bucking. If you go with the full maple leaf system then there is no need to flat hop or Rhop the gun.

It depends on how you use the gun as to the one you pick, If you regularly put 3000 rounds through the gun in a single day get the harder rubber, If you are more frugal and take single shots for kills and only use 500 rounds in an average skirmish the softer one might suit you more at the cost of increased wear.

The correct nub:
https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hopups-rubbers/maple-leaf-nub

And the 50/60 degree bucking.
https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hopups-rubbers/maple-leaf-macaron-50-aeg
https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hopups-rubbers/maple-leaf-macaron-60-aeg

AK2M4 is away ATM, and he restocks very regularly, so what he doesn't have in stock this week will be in in a couple of weeks.

The ZCI barrel would be fine, Much better than a madbull or other budget tightbore. You need to measure the inner barrel length, I believe yours to be a 290mm, but taiwangun have it listed as 290 and GFC have it listed as 200mm. So measure it to be sure. If you go too long it'll stop your tracer unit working as the inner will be shielding the BB. So measure twice, and buy once.

Again AK2M4 will have something that will be close to what you need.

He's expecting a restock soon for the most common parts.

14/6/2018
Future restock dates...
Rocket order around 25th June (Cylinders, 13:1, 18:1, DSG, Springs)
ZCI order around 5th July (HT Motors, Cylinders, Inner Barrels)
Maple Leaf order around 25th June (Macaron 60 AEG Buckings)

I wouldn't upgrade the hop unit unless it's giving you problems. AK hops are good units and generally run for a very long time before they develop faults.

1 hour ago, Iceni said:

The standard maple leaf is the 60 degree, but if you run low powered to increase the ROF say 310 fps and are never going to push the gun up to 345 you might try the 50 degree. It's softer and needs less pressure to get a good backspin. Regardless of the shore hardness of the bucking you need to use the correct nub for the bucking. If you go with the full maple leaf system then there is no need to flat hop or Rhop the gun.

It depends on how you use the gun as to the one you pick, If you regularly put 3000 rounds through the gun in a single day get the harder rubber, If you are more frugal and take single shots for kills and only use 500 rounds in an average skirmish the softer one might suit you more at the cost of increased wear.

The correct nub:
https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hopups-rubbers/maple-leaf-nub

And the 50/60 degree bucking.
https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hopups-rubbers/maple-leaf-macaron-50-aeg
https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hopups-rubbers/maple-leaf-macaron-60-aeg

AK2M4 is away ATM, and he restocks very regularly, so what he doesn't have in stock this week will be in in a couple of weeks.

The ZCI barrel would be fine, Much better than a madbull or other budget tightbore. You need to measure the inner barrel length, I believe yours to be a 290mm, but taiwangun have it listed as 290 and GFC have it listed as 200mm. So measure it to be sure. If you go too long it'll stop your tracer unit working as the inner will be shielding the BB. So measure twice, and buy once.

Again AK2M4 will have something that will be close to what you need.

He's expecting a restock soon for the most common parts.

I wouldn't upgrade the hop unit unless it's giving you problems. AK hops are good units and generally run for a very long time before they develop faults.

Okay thanks for this I want to keep the fps at about 330-350 at 0.2 but I will be firing 0.25 normal and tracer rounds.

So 60 degree bucking?

I measured the barrel roughly last night from the tip to the hop up it's about 290-300 mm as im not sure exactly where the back of the barrel stops and starts in the hop up.

I have at least 5mm to play with inside my barrel extension so could get a 295mm and possibly a 300mm but not 100%. 

I did email ak24m and he said about 10 days for the yellow maple leaf which is fine as im.going on holiday anyway.

Do you think that a zci barrel and maple leaflet bucking and nub would make a reasonable performance difference?

1 hour ago, Ballist1x said:

Do you think that a zci barrel and maple leaflet bucking and nub would make a reasonable performance difference?

If installed correctly they should work well together.

I've had good luck with cheap buckings TBF, but to get them to perform I've had to make custom nubs and generally mess about with the gun. The maple leaf setup on the other hand is pretty much plug and play. Get the bucking in right, Drop in the correct nub and it'll perform very well without the major time investment. As such I can't fault the system. It's not as good as a flat hop or Rhop but it's better than a standard AEG bucking and nub system.

At 290 stock you could either go with the 285 or 294. I'd probably go with whichever one was in stock.  The worst thing that will happen is you have to space out the tracer if you are not getting the same brightness. It's not something I would loose sleep over as +-9mm isn't an issue at all. If the 294 is a couple of mm too long to get a decent brightness you can always add an o-ring to the barrel extension to space it forwards.

If the 294 shows a little with the regular flash hider colour it in with a black marker pen. Most people won't take the time to notice!

Archived