Jump to content
Airsoft Forums UK
Asomodai

SE Tour Review: Red 1 Chislehurst (London/Kent)

Recommended Posts

Hello All. 

 

This is one of the few sites I have visited more then once. It is based on the London/Kent border and is easily reached by public transport from central London. 

 

Reviews are usually fairly good with this site. 

 

It is a small woodland site with CQB elements with Short to Medium range engagement distances. The site is almost perfectly flat with few inclines. 

 

Positives: 

 

Commutable distance to London: The site is a bus trip away from North Greenwich. Whilst this positive is not about the actual site, the fact that it is a commutable distance from London for the transport challenged airsofters like myself is a great selling point

 

Small but well formed: The site does the best it can with the space available. There are TWO CQB villages and each have plenty of buildings and variation. There is a well thought out trench system which is always fun to use. 

 

Marshaling: It is pretty well enforced, I think being close to London means that you can get some immature players, but the Marshals do clamp down on any obvious shenanigans. Marshals are friendly and approachable. 

 

Safe zone: Whilst safe zone is under tarpaulin, there is usually a good amount of space to setup and is dry. 

 

Numbers: Whilst the site is fairly small, it doesn't seem massively overcrowded even when fully booked. As I said earlier they do very well with the space they have. 

 

Negatives:

 

Food: Standard takeaway pizza affair. Not the cheapest, but I imagine it is provided close to cost price. First come first served basis, so if you are a veggie and you go for food last you might be out of luck. 

 

Shop: Small and inconsistently stocked. More for emergency supplies then anything. 

 

CQB game mode: One of the game modes involves being solely in the village and following a linear path. This is the only time where the site shows its space limitations. The marshals insist on the attacking team assaulting buildings in a certain order. This game mode is tight, painful, frustrating and slow. I understand CQB can be like this, but it is not that fun at all. My advice would be to widen the attack vector or split the teams up and have separate CQB games in both villages at the same time. 

 

No Smoke: Due to its close proximity to football pitches, generally you are not allowed to use smoke if games are on. 

 

Conclusion: 

 

Airsofting in London is difficult, sites find it hard to stay afloat considering how expensive it is. This is one of the easiest sites to get to for people living in the city so it deserves our support, encouragement and money. 

 

The positives outweigh the negatives, its a good site and good people. You WILL have a good time.

 

 Overall It is the best site within the M25 as of writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep up the good reviews.  I'm on the other side of London, but may go round the m25 for a good site.

 

Reforger and Xsite are the closest to me, funnily enough I've never been.

 

Cheers

 

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Keep up the good reviews.  I'm on the other side of London, but may go round the m25 for a good site.

 

Reforger and Xsite are the closest to me, funnily enough I've never been.

 

Cheers

 

G

 

No problem. I just decided to type up everything today. I have a few more to do. 

 

Reforger is definitely on my list now that the people who used to run Wasteland moved there. It is a real shame Wasteland is gone, was a brilliant site despite it's obvious shortcomings. 

 

I think the next site we'll be going to is Airsoft Plantation on the 1st of July. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Keep up the good reviews.  I'm on the other side of London, but may go round the m25 for a good site.

 

Reforger and Xsite are the closest to me, funnily enough I've never been.

 

Cheers

 

G

 

28 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

 

No problem. I just decided to type up everything today. I have a few more to do. 

 

Reforger is definitely on my list now that the people who used to run Wasteland moved there. It is a real shame Wasteland is gone, was a brilliant site despite it's obvious shortcomings. 

 

I think the next site we'll be going to is Airsoft Plantation on the 1st of July. 

 

 

Reforger is well worth a visit, I've played there a few times and have never had a bad game there. Not been since new management have taken over though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week at Red 1 was pretty dire tbh, we spent more time in the safe zone and waiting for people to get out then playing,  and tempers we're really frayed towards the end so it ended rather abruptly a half hour early.  I've had much better days there!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CiderPunk said:

Last week at Red 1 was pretty dire tbh, we spent more time in the safe zone and waiting for people to get out then playing,  and tempers we're really frayed towards the end so it ended rather abruptly a half hour early.  I've had much better days there!

 

I think that is both the beauty and downfall of reviews. With Airsoft things rarely seem to be the same week in week out. 

 

I think the mettle of a site is gauged from consistently good reviews over time. I can well imagine there being bad days here as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like your in-depth reviews. 

 

Kinda makes me want to sit down and work out exactly what it was that pissed me off about Absolute on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more site reviews I read, the more grateful I am that I live 15 mins from Dogtag 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Duff said:

I really like your in-depth reviews. 

 

Kinda makes me want to sit down and work out exactly what it was that pissed me off about Absolute on Sunday.

 

Same. After trying Absolute I realised how much I took the Mall for granted. They really do have a higher level of marshalling than any site I've been to so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2018 at 1:00 PM, Asomodai said:

 

Negatives:

 First come first served basis, so if you are a veggie and you go for food last you might be out of luck. 

 

 

 

Conclusion: 

 Overall It is the best site within the M25 as of writing.

 

Bold claims, and GRRR!! being a veggy this annoys me lol. its not that difficult to sort out food on a site!! Some sites do SOOO well, others are just terrible at it! they expect you to be there all day but dont provide food or give you crap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

 

Bold claims, and GRRR!! being a veggy this annoys me lol. its not that difficult to sort out food on a site!! Some sites do SOOO well, others are just terrible at it! they expect you to be there all day but dont provide food or give you crap!

 

I only mention Veggie, because whilst I am a meat eater, I don't eat pork. Which means unless they provide burgers I either have to sit out or go for the veggie option. 

 

Both times I went to Chislehurst I managed to get the last couple of slices of Margarita. You might be able to talk to the site owners to see if they can reserve you a slice beforehand. I am sure they would accommodate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were to go I may just order a whole bloody pizza :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red 1 have just announced that a new area and 4 new buildings are about to added to the site. So hopefully I will provide an updated review in the near future! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fancy playing here in the summer!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/06/2018 at 15:36, CiderPunk said:

Last week at Red 1 was pretty dire tbh, we spent more time in the safe zone and waiting for people to get out then playing,  and tempers we're really frayed towards the end so it ended rather abruptly a half hour early.  I've had much better days there!

 

 

It’s hetting quite packed now it’s the summer, in the colder months there’s less people and it definitely makes the game days better.

On 09/07/2018 at 10:41, Asomodai said:

Red 1 have just announced that a new area and 4 new buildings are about to added to the site. So hopefully I will provide an updated review in the near future! 

 

Yeah expect to see some cool things! ;)

34 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Fancy playing here in the summer!! 

 

Will look out for you👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×