Keymod rails wont fit my Keymod gun....

CON10R
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I ordered keymod rails for my CM16 Wild Hog and as I went to fit them I seen they are not going to fit at all but they are proper keymod rails can I modify them to fit ?

15293135649625597715335543151314.jpg

I got them to fit kinda they won't come 9ff anytime soon but as you can see there is a small gap cause off the metal nubs so in the future I will cut them off to make them more flush 

15293152908954898442606360417937.jpg

15293153038008899628069519438126.jpg

3 options:

Handguard is off spec

Rails are off spec

You're a scrub and messed something up

I tend to say it's the third one :P

those nubs are supposed to go into the "keyholes" to further secure the rail.

place the rail onto the handguard about half a hole away from the actual holes and slide it in..

I tried to fit it the way it's meant to but I believe the nubs are to large to go into the hole (sound so wrong) 

The way I have it atm I've pulled and pulled and it's not going off but if I shave off the other nubs I'll be able to make it for better and have no gap inbetween 

More than likely the rail is “airsoft spec” keymod. If you see the likes of the American stores YouTube videos, they often make a point of specifying if it’s actually milspec keymod or not 

Dremel the nubs off then.

Looks like the rails have 3 screws, 2 at the extremities and one in the middle, that's plenty of anchor points..

Yea it's got 3 screws but one off them came with none so I have 2 screws holding each down atm

Like I said the nubs seem to be a little to big to slide in so if I just cut them off it should sit flush but it's pretty secure atm so no rush 

Thanks any way guys 

Also I did buy them on Amazon and they came from China i waited like a month just glad I can put attachments on now 

• 2 weeks later...

as said earlier by others, this gun's keymod is AIRSOFT spec and so real MILITARY spec keymod rail segments/attachments (which you may have bought) won't fit properly. 

Something to do with the holes needing to be slanted/bevelled on the inside to fit milspec keymod attachments...

I have the same problem with the ICS CXP15 though bizarrely not the ICS APE I had. I had to buy keymod rail adapter off eBay that do not have the metal nub. The CXP15 keymod holes are more spaced apart. No problems since then. 

Archived