Omg how many bbs do you use?

Ballist1x
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Currently a single game will range from 120rnds to 600rnds depending on the game. Typically on a skimrish I would say I'd do no more than 2000 bb's and thats sometimes pushing it. On a weekend milsim I've sometimes gone home having not even fired a shot (some of which have been the best games I've ever played!

How do you not fire a shot?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ballist1x said:

How do you not fire a shot?

If I'm on a recce mission or anything similar sometimes the ROE is that you cant shoot unless being shot at or similar depending on the role. As I say some of the best days I've had are when I haven't fired a shot due to the immersiveness of the game and the mission requirements; for example one mission was a photography mission collecting intel on the opposing force, we were hidden in what can only be described as a loft relaying information and photos back to our command structure to gather points towards our mission brief, were up there for maybe 6 hours and because of the intel we provided we achieved the mission goals completely. We were still armed and there were some bum clenching moments where we thought we were going to have to engage but luckily the opposition didn't bother checking the loft we had been in from the previous night.

Its not for everyone admittedly as some people enjoy getting in the thick of it and having firefights but personally I enjoy the immersive element of airsoft (more roleplaying I guess you could say).

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

pre-load all my mags on the train a few hours before

You know it's a toy accessory, I know it's a toy accessory, any reasonable person would know it's a toy accessory, but it'll only need one Shrieky McPanic to 999 in "ZOMFG gunz on teh trane!!!! HALP!" to take up a bit more than 5 minutes of your time at the end of your journey.

(In full self awareness that I'm being a bit Shrieky McPanic about the prospect ;)

Less than a 1000 in a normal day at the Mall, slightly more outdoors if im suppressing whilst moving forward etc

I dont normally take much notice. a couple of us buy boxes at a time and work our way through the bottles and swap/trade bbs around so we its hard to track what we buy.

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

You know it's a toy accessory, I know it's a toy accessory, any reasonable person would know it's a toy accessory, but it'll only need one Shrieky McPanic to 999 in "ZOMFG gunz on teh trane!!!! HALP!" to take up a bit more than 5 minutes of your time at the end of your journey.

(In full self awareness that I'm being a bit Shrieky McPanic about the prospect ;)

I can't speak for what's in people's heads but I find that a person wearing camo with an obvious rifle bag isn't very suspicious. Usually people were interested. I always asked if they knew what paintball was before moving on, always refused (if asked) to show or admit to holding things begining with G even on halloween when I was on a tube at 1am.

The only time I ever did something stupid was one night at 00:45 on a completely empty train (reading to paddington) when I realised my AEG still had it's battery connected. Entire carrage was empty and no one could have seen me because I put my bag up on the table and quickly did my business close to the train window. CCTV was right behind me though. It saw everything; I was initially worried but I had nothing to hide so I held my ID up to the camera before I left to go home. I figure someone whose guilty of something wouldn't do that.

I'd note if the train wasnt empty I'm not sure what I would have done.

8 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

I can't speak for what's in people's heads but I find that a person wearing camo with an obvious rifle bag isn't very suspicious. Usually people were interested. I always asked if they knew what paintball was before moving on, always refused (if asked) to show or admit to holding things begining with G even on halloween when I was on a tube at 1am.

The only time I ever did something stupid was one night at 00:45 on a completely empty train (reading to paddington) when I realised my AEG still had it's battery connected. Entire carrage was empty and no one could have seen me because I put my bag up on the table and quickly did my business close to the train window. CCTV was right behind me though. It saw everything; I was initially worried but I had nothing to hide so I held my ID up to the camera before I left to go home. I figure someone whose guilty of something wouldn't do that.

That's quite a shrewd move to post up your ID to the camera. I doubt anyone ever saw it but quite a smart way to cover your back.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Left the battery in until you got home?  Loaded your mags there, or at the site?

You should ultimately be OK from a legal standpoint, but it just seems to be inviting trouble to even open the bag or have anything remotely G-related in view.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Left the battery in until you got home?  Loaded your mags there, or at the site?

You should ultimately be OK from a legal standpoint, but it just seems to be inviting trouble to even open the bag or have anything remotely G-related in view.

I always clear the magazines at the site. My normal MO is to be prepared to be searched - since I passed through Paddington and Canary Wharf stations when I used to live in London and play the Mall. In that regard, carrying an AEG with a battery in is to me not acceptable conduct. Just as carrying loaded pistol magazines is (on the trip home). Though on the trip in the train I'm loading them on only stops at Reading (from PAD).

2 hours ago, Duff said:

That's quite a shrewd move to post up your ID to the camera. I doubt anyone ever saw it but quite a smart way to cover your back.

On that occasion I asked the guard (after arriving at PAD) what the cameras are for, he said they only review the footage if there is some report or some damage. I was genuinely worried - though not worried that I'd done something wrong (eg criminal). Last thing you need is "have you seen this person" or something like that if someone had seen me (and I had not seen them) or the footage viewed.

I didn't hold up ID with contact information - but there was an ID number linked to DWP which could have traced me if needed via the police.

• Moderators
On 6/17/2018 at 2:10 PM, Ballist1x said:

Yeah I felt like support lol. It was windy so they were going all over.

I was using the 0.25 blasters from ebay:) for 13.99

once upon a time 2 xmasseseseseses a go at a known retailer, you could get BOGOF at £9.99 a bottle!.....

there are occasionally deals out there so just have to wait and be lucky!

I'm not a full auto person, and tbh most sites i play its not used much, i may only get through 3 or 4 180rnd mags.....

I usually go through 1 bottle or just under, but I usually don't default to full auto.

Went through a bottle and a half last time I played. Would have been more, but the DA58 battery went flat.

Just got a SGR12, so I might be using a lot more next game.😀

When my AA12 was working I regularly went through 4500/5000 rounds a game day. Fun times. 

If using the RPD - probably 3000 odd

Otherwise a lot less.  At our last WW2 game I barely used 100 as I was shooting 10 round mags and only had 5 of them.

Think my first ever airsoft woodland skirmish i shot 50 bbs if that..

Nowadays being more CQB based I tend to get through about 1000 bbs a game day. 

Lol, I was the opposite.  Full auto all day long my first Skirmish.  Must have used over 3000 BBs.

.20s with a rental gun and wondering why I didn't hit anythng 😉

Cheers

G

I'm a bit more economical now, Tippman set to Semi only DMR, though I did enjoy going ape with the APE on full auto after lunch.

• Supporters

last game i was very uneconomical followed by very economical

i dumped about 500 rounds in about 5s worth of shooting with the ak/m4 combined before they both blew up then burned about 100 the rest of the day bushlurking with the sig.

I limit myself to only 3 mags and one in the gun.. But this only last me a game normally lol... I must admit that I do tend to lay covering fire down for my team. On a day I would say 3k-7k depending on what mood I am in .. I use .3s and all my mags are hi caps .

Wow!!!!! 6000 in 5 hours? That's some going. My local site is a woodland skirmish with a village area but were only allowed to go semi auto fire and out in the woodland area its full auto and I would guess I've gone through like 2000 in approximately the same time so I guess it depends on site rules as to whether you can just go full auto regardless

In a suppressing role, you'd be surprised how many you can use, I managed to empty 3 hi caps last weekend.

To be fair the games also were longer than at other sites.

I wan't running round in that heat, so stayed back and suppressed 😁

Went through about 2300 on Sunday, but that was more down to feeding issues than anything else. CQB games will rarely get through 1000 and woodlands maybe 1500 in a day.

One of my more recent game days I saw a guy with  an M249 load up his 2500rd mag in the safezone
5 minutes into the game he walked past me towards the safezone and I said "gun issues?"
His response? "no i'm out of ammo"

I was stunned by that lol.
By lunch he had burnt through 8 full mags by my count, so he may have fired even more!!

Understandable..

Who shows up to a game with a m249 and doesn't keep his finger on the trigger from the first game until it's time to leave?

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Skara said:

Understandable..

Who shows up to a game with a m249 and doesn't keep his finger on the trigger from the first game until it's time to leave?

it's perfectly plausible if you're using it properly- ie for suppressing fire to control an area

Archived