Omg how many bbs do you use?

Ballist1x
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

L

Played outdoor game in just my second airsoft experience last night.

The guy said we'll play 2 games make sure you have enough ammo take 500-1000 bbs...

I used 950 bbs in the first 30 minutes and had to take a 20 minute walk back to my car to pick up more befire the second round.

In all I burned through about 6000 bbs in about 5 hours of which obly a small proportion of time we were in 'contacts'...

In other news, where can I buy cheap 0.25 tracer bbs?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only used about 2000 in each of my last 2 woodland skirmishes using a regular AEG, I only really tend to shoot when necessary

i've gone through 6000 in a day when i was a support gunner but usually about 1500 in a game day. you can get blaster 0.25 tracers for about £14.00 for 3000.   

8 minutes ago, BigStew said:

i've gone through 6000 in a day when i was a support gunner but usually about 1500 in a game day. you can get blaster 0.25 tracers for about £14.00 for 3000.   

Yeah I felt like support lol. It was windy so they were going all over.

I was using the 0.25 blasters from ebay:) for 13.99

Maybe 500 for a full day. 35 round mags and I usually carry 5 plus a 90rd speedloader, plus whatever is in my pistol. 

Difference is I don’t really suppress unless im pinned and need to retreat. I don’t use auto either. 

• Supporters

Also under 2000 a day, often well under.  Crikey, that's some cost if you're using tracers.

If you're able to spam that many BBs, I'd infer that you're not getting hit much.  Are you actually in range?

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Also under 2000 a day, often well under.  Crikey, that's some cost if you're using tracers.

If you're able to spam that many BBs, I'd infer that you're not getting hit much.  Are you actually in range?

Not exactly in range. At that point I was using non tracers as it was still light and I moved onto tracers a couple of hours later.

well under 500 , i normally only shoot when i can get the kill , 

• Supporters

Usually between 300-600, only use semi & generally one shot at a time, if my target hasn't seen me I can't see the point of rapid fire semi, too much noise to give me away (I'm a sneaky motherfucker ;))

I find I am often surprised at how many mags I've still got left after a game. I am using more single shot and 'burst' rather than hosing most of the time. Mind in a recent game another guy and I spent about 20 minutes trying to uproot a sniper who was well hidden in a hedge, when I finally spotted him it was extremely satisfying to just let rip ! 😀

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Usually between 300-600, only use semi & generally one shot at a time, if my target hasn't seen me I can't see the point of rapid fire semi, too much noise to give me away (I'm a sneaky motherfucker ;))

What he ACTUALLY means is he’s a geriatric old barstuard who can’t move very fast any more (much like my self😖so he has to be a sneaky mofo !🤣🤣 🤣

PS I’m about the same , 400-700 a day 

When im running my G5 I generally do between 1000-2000 a day. 

If im running either of my AEG's it tends to be nearer 2000 just because of greater capacity mags I know I can be less stingy when it comes to spreading my 6mm love (at least that's what my wife calls it... )

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

What he ACTUALLY means is he’s a geriatric old barstuard who can’t move very fast any more (much like my self😖so he has to be a sneaky mofo !🤣🤣 🤣

PS I’m about the same , 400-700 a day 

Lol you know me so well :) 

its true though, my days of doing "swat" rolls through open windows are behind me, just gotta use other ways to get the upper hand these days........

Usually 400-500 in a 50 minute game. Although I took the M60 out last month and managed to eat through a full 2500 round box in that same time... 😆

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Greg147 said:

Usually 400-500 in a 50 minute game. Although I took the M60 out last month and managed to eat through a full 2500 round box in that same time... 😆

One 2500 round box mag in a game? Pfft amateur, do you even mg42?

I got through about 400 today. I play slow and tactical, and had my sniper out for a couple games too. In general though, ive found a bottle of 3000 will last me 3-4 game days.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

I got through about 400 today. I play slow and tactical, and had my sniper out for a couple games too. In general though, ive found a bottle of 3000 will last me 3-4 game days.

I’m in the same boat, I usually take out 2 hi caps and a mid, and that’ll last me all day. 3 pistol mags to back that up.

Or I go full ham and can use a bottle in a day, depending on how/where we play.

Pre GBBR - probably 1800+ per game day 

Post GBBR - 500 or less per game day

I've had many many days at the mall which I used not more than 600 (pre-load all my mags on the train a few hours before, rarely get through them all), outdoors maybe occasionally double that. I don't tend to use hi-caps though. And I only use my scorp one because the midcap doesn't feed 0.3g.

• Supporters

I think the only time I've used 6000 BBs in a day was when I first used my M249!

On normal Sundays I go through 1500 to 2000 bbs..

In tournaments I go through 4000 to 6000..

Currently a single game will range from 120rnds to 600rnds depending on the game. Typically on a skimrish I would say I'd do no more than 2000 bb's and thats sometimes pushing it. On a weekend milsim I've sometimes gone home having not even fired a shot (some of which have been the best games I've ever played!

Archived