New cqb gun recommendations

Paddy94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Thinking of getting a new gun for cqb.

I currently have a g and g m4 firehawk what does the job pretty well and a good pistol also. I'm looking for a gun with slightly more range possibly as some sites I play at have long open parts and my current gun doesn't all cut it when it comes to shots like that. I'm looking to spend  £200 and under and was seeing what people were recommending.

Thanks 

Spend it on that gun, you are not going to be any better if with another RIF.

The good thing about the Firehawk is it's made by G&G so you have a pretty good base.

Get a mock silencer and extend the inner barrel to around 285-300mm.

Get a ZCI or Prometheus E.G. stainless barrel.

Use 0.25g BBs

Check your air seal and that the bucking is clean and dry, and undamaged, otherwise replace it with a new G&G green.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, M_P said:

Yeah just upgrade if that's your budget- new hop bucking and inner barrel and look to increase trigger response

Hop and inner I get but how is trigger response going to help with range ?

Bit confused by that one .

Get another gun.

You can't have too many.

And, if one goes down you have a spare.

Try a CM18 or a  GR15 Raider with metal rails (longer than the Firehawk (about £175 in UK or £155 from Poland) or get a metal receiver GC16 from Gunfire for about 200.

Or if you fancy a change, try one of the Specna Arms that have quite a following. They have a big range, mostly metal, and are very reasonably priced..

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Hop and inner I get but how is trigger response going to help with range ?

Bit confused by that one .

It won't but he said he's after a cqb gun so it's something worth improving as he has the budget to do so

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Get a mock silencer and extend the inner barrel

Seems to negate the point of a Firehawk.  Otherwise I agree that it's a decent base platform and if you can get the FPS close to the site limit and pop in a tightbore and Maple Leaf then it'll shoot as magically as any other toy blowgun

Assuming he isn’t on the edge of his FPS limits, a tightbore barrel of the same length and a bucking will be all you need. Maple leaf 60d bucking/ omega nub, G&G green or a modify rykotbdkkfj whatever it’s called flat bucking and nub. .25-28’s and it will shoot well.  

For cqb though a firehawk is great, too bloody loud but I have seen those things keep up range wise with any other cqb weapon.

I would listen to the advice here, for £200 your not going to get a great gun for cbq, certainly no better than what you have so either save up some more or put in towards upgrades/bits for the hawk!

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

for £200 your not going to get a great gun for cbq, 

Yeah you can https://airshooters.net/shop?olsPage=products%2Fspecna-arms-sa-a03-carbine-replica

In fact, they have loads under £200 that will work for what he wants.

https://airshooters.net/shop?olsPage=t%2Fspecna-arms

Fair play, stand corrected :) 

Thought generally the Krytac, EVO £350ish mark was more the better stuff compared to a firehawk.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Fair play, stand corrected :) 

Thought generally the Krytac, EVO £350ish mark was more the better stuff compared to a firehawk.

You don't have to buy a Krytac or an EVO to get better range for a CQB field though. A £200 Specna and a Maple Leaf hop rubber will be more than good enough for most places!

Well I stand by what I have said.

I believe the OP really wants to add another gun to his current collection of one. How many of us don't like to buy a new gun? Of course I could be completely wrong, in which case I expect he will reply and correct me. 

Krytac, G&P, VFC etc doesn't necessarily translate to more success at CQB. I mean it's very close range stuff. The skill and agility of the player is far more important than the brand of weapon he is using.

There are plenty of decent guns under £200. Specna metal guns are excellent value, but if you are prepared to accept polymer actions, there are lots of other solid offerings from ICS, G&G, Classic Army etc.

The Firehawk is polymer for that matter.

As above if the budget was higher it’ll be a scorpion evo all day long. 

In that budget I think I’d pick the g&g arp9 (for cqb) although very similar to your firehawk

does it have to be brand new? As you can get some decent guns second hand for under £200 which I think in this case is a better idea 

Ok, just had a look and I didnt realise how cheap firehawks were..

I thought he wanted something better and for some reason in my mind a firehawk was around £200 hence why I was saying spend more, so ignore my last posts ;)  

Id still stick with it and upgrade it , or sell it and spend the difference plus his £200 on an evo :D  

Archived