Help with my G&G Wild Hog!

CON10R
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey I'm new here, and i know this question has probably been asked alot of times but i cant seem to find any UK response I live in Northern Ireland and are FPS law is 328 nothing higher so here goes, I have a G&G Wild Hog I am wanting to upgrade the internals I am looking to get a tight bore and either flat hop or r hop in the next few weeks as I want more range and my shoots to be in the same grouping, but I'm also looking to upgrade some things to make it shoot faster but I am wondering will increasing the RPM be effected or affect the flat hop or r hop, also I need to stay within the FPS limit cause some off are sites are crazy strict, if anyone could recommend upgrades and their opinions would be greatly appreciated thankyou!

Hi

There are loads of vids on Youtube that can help.

Some general advice, before you start anything get a chronograph, and get a baseline measurement of your gun before you start modding.

Take it slow, and check the impact of each upgrade on FPS and ROF.

Make sure you have all the tools you need beforehand.

Cheers

G

1 minute ago, MisterG said:

Hi

There are loads of vids on Youtube that can help.

Some general advice, before you start anything get a chronograph, and get a baseline measurement of your gun before you start modding.

Take it slow, and check the impact of each upgrade on FPS and ROF.

Make sure you have all the tools you need beforehand.

Cheers

G

Thanks for a quick reply, I know it shooting at 310 atm and I've been told the flat hop or r hop will down the FPS a little I'm just not to sure on which hop up is better and don't want to waste money on upgrade parts if they put my FPS over the limit but I'll keep looking and try and figure some stuff out.

• Supporters

R-Hops, should, if done correctly, in theory work better than flat hops, but flat hops are way easier to do. Increasing your RPS will degrade your hop faster - both flats and Rs do need to be replaced after awhile. A TBB may increase your FPS by a little. Other than that, watch some videos, take your time, and learn how to keep your guns in action haha.

Are you playing mainly CQB or Field?

Flat and R hop are primarily to allow the use of heavier weight BBs for longer range shooting and less effect from cross wind etc.

Personally I do not think a Flat hop really gives a big improvement over a standard bucking.

With regard to your hop vs FPS Q, theoretically an R hop would give the smallest reduction in FPS because of the low pressure applied.

R hop works very well if done correctly, but IMO a waste if you only play indoors!

R hop also has the longest life span of all hop setups, easily 4-5 times that of a conventional hop bucking/nub combo

Oh yeh and use paragraphs! More people will read your posts!

Thanks guys!

I play both CQB and Field but saying that I mainly like playing field

The guy I got my airsoft gun off is doing the tightbore and hop for me so after reading this I will go R hop.

Also there is a video on YouTube (Don't know if I'm aloud to post a link) of some upgrades done which I wanted to do I'll post a screenshot or link if I'm aloud and tell me if they would increase FPS or are just a waste of money 

Screenshot_20180615-182423_YouTube.jpg

You have a good gun, you do not need to go inside the gearbox until there is a fault if you don't want to.

If you max limit is 328/1j then leave the gearbox alone for a minute.

Upgrade the barrel and R hop it then see where your FPS is.

If you still need more power:

Swap the cylinder (which I believe is a full type A standard) for a type C one.

This will increase the FPS and your consistency because it won't be over-voluming.

Fit a nice piston O ring if the standard seal is no good.

Fit a Lonex cylinder head and O ringed nozzle.

You should be fully air sealed and running at maximum efficiency air wise then.

If you need better trigger response still then you could run a different motor/battery combo.

The MosFets in these can cause problems but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The barrel I think he does is a madbull 6.01 I believe is that a good tightbore? 

I'll 100% get the r hop put in too 

I've heard the mosfets can cause problems is there any mods that can make them more reliable ?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Please for the love of God - NO MADBULL BARRELS!!

Insist on a Prommy 6.03 or a ZCI if your on a budget.

Agree. The Madbull Black Pythons arent too bad, but for the cost go for Prommy or PDi. A good barrel will do more for your gun than a whole host of other internal upgrades will

See where I got my gun he only stocks madbull nothing else

Could I just pick a different barrel up online 

Also 6.01 not good to go for I thought the smaller the better or I'm I wrong 

19 hours ago, CON10R said:

The barrel I think he does is a madbull 6.01 I believe is that a good tightbore? 

I'll 100% get the r hop put in too 

I've heard the mosfets can cause problems is there any mods that can make them more reliable ?

Mosfets are fine if you use 11.1 lipos, ETU can shit itself, again less of a problem if you use 11.1

Thats what I was told by gun techs where I bought mine, they extend the warranty on it too so must be fairly confidant 

So I was wrong guys the guy I'm going too stocks only madbull 6.03 barrels don't know why I thought it was .01 but yea 

Also what is full auto like with a flat or r hop ?

Just supply your own barrel, if you want to UPGRADE don't use a Madbull barrel.

Auto on Flat hop is just as normal.

Auto on R hop is more like a laser beam

17 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Just supply your own barrel, if you want to UPGRADE don't use a Madbull barrel.

Auto on Flat hop is just as normal.

Auto on R hop is more like a laser beam

I'm guessing mad bull arnt good and explain the laser beam please 

Archived