Let's talk about AK47 AK74 AKM s....

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

31 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Um, we are talking at cross purposes, I thought you said Fire Support could order you one.  I know nothing about Fubar Bundy.  TBH, it looks like your heart is set on an E&L - try Airsoft Entrepot in France - best price you will find for them.  Alternatively, I think Daves Custom Airsoft have some - but you will pay twice what you would for an LCT AKM and its not worth it.

Or if you feel like a wait airsofttiger111hk have Gen 1 E&L and occasionally they can be had for as little as £185.  Not incl Customs and postage....might be worth an email.

I'm sorry, today crossed wires and entirely my fault!

I need more sleep or caffeine.

Or both.

I can't buy either until I've held them. I need to see if it gives me "that feeling" 😄 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said earlier - much of a muchness.  I favour the LCT cos its just bog standard V3.  Can't go wrong with either tbh.  Good luck with the hunt.

You seen this BTW?  Decent price if it is a Gen 2

From Fire Support I presume?  Getting mine at payday, but as you can probably tell I have enough Aks already....

7 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

From Fire Support I presume?  Getting mine at payday, but as you can probably tell I have enough Aks already....

Yea. They didn’t have metal hi caps in stock when I ordered though, 2 days later they do 🙄 Just my luck. 

So my AKM has its first outing today. What a fantastic gun, shoots beautifully. Excellent range and accuracy out of the box. Very impressed indeed. 

Id highly recommend it, you won’t be disappointed. 

Glad you like it. E&L metal mids work in my mates LCT AKM so no reason why they shouldn't work in yours.  Think they are higher capacity as well.

To be honest I got a couple of hi caps, 1 orange and 1 plum, and they work just fine. Mid caps means another load out so they’ll have to wait but good to know. 

Now you just need to get yourself along to a Nam Filmsim or a Cold War Filmsim game.......funny there is one coming up on 10 Nov.....

22 hours ago, E21A said:

So my AKM has its first outing today. What a fantastic gun, shoots beautifully. Excellent range and accuracy out of the box. Very impressed indeed. 

Id highly recommend it, you won’t be disappointed. 

Top banana! Glad to hear it 😄
What range were you effective at?
And what weight BBs were you using? 
TIA 😄 

5 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Top banana! Glad to hear it 😄
What range were you effective at?
And what weight BBs were you using? 
TIA 😄 

To be honest I’m not sure, but I wasn’t outranged by anything other than DMR/snipers on the day I don’t think. Had plenty of people dropping short then getting annoyed when I hit them in return. 😂 Maybe 50m?? It’s hard to judge really, and I don’t want to make outrageous claims. 

I was using .25 blasters. 

• 3 weeks later...

Picked my LCT AKM up on Fri for use at the weekend along with 2 extra mid caps.  Its lovely.  Struggles to lift anything beyond .25s but I think thats due to the hop adjustment bar not putting enough pressure on the nub - tightening it or putting a shim behind the screw to keep it in place should solve the issue,    With .2s I was hitting 55-60m easily straight out of the box, nice accuracy too.  Well pleased with it.

I used my LCT AK74u for the first time Saturday and to say  I'm impressed is an understatement. Easily lifted .28's and outranged a lot of guns there! I was going to use it mostly for cqb but it's got such great range and accuracy it'll be used regularly alongside my main rifle. It also sounded surprisingly good inside buildings, completely different to most aeg's, and it got a few comments, as it was the only AK there (in a sea of M4's)

Would recommend LCT, and thinking of picking up a full size AK74 soon too

On 12/11/2018 at 11:12, EvilMonkee said:

Picked my LCT AKM up on Fri for use at the weekend along with 2 extra mid caps.  Its lovely.  Struggles to lift anything beyond .25s but I think thats due to the hop adjustment bar not putting enough pressure on the nub - tightening it or putting a shim behind the screw to keep it in place should solve the issue,    With .2s I was hitting 55-60m easily straight out of the box, nice accuracy too.  Well pleased with it.

What did it chrono at? 

LCT tend to cut the mainspring rather than replace it. It might be you have a couple of coils too many off or an airleak if it chrono'd low as well.

330.  Chrono was fine - came with a sheet from factory as well showing chrono values for what it is worth.  I think the issue is similar to what I had with my KWA Cm4 - they change the spring for UK powers but not the hop rubber and its probably too hard a rubber for the lower FPS.  Its firing nicely anyway so....

Archived