Let's talk about AK47 AK74 AKM s....

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

44 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Apologies if I mistook your tone.

Of those companies listed there are precisely 2 that I would actually believe have them in stock. I would be very very careful with the HK sites.  Having been there in person in Feb this year I can assure you that places like Bunny do not have half of what they say they do.

Oh and Begadi wont ship guns to the UK so you can take that one off your list. :) Something to do with German gun laws. I know cos I inquired about an Sterling from them 

On sale currently   

No harm, no foul I have added a note to the listed link about Begadi (useful to known) but the list of links was more in reply to  Wo1f  comment and I quote "There is not a single place I’ve found that has one in stock." just to show that there are places that still sell RS products even if they don't all sell to the UK or that  stock level are not as you mentioned as accurate as the website  portray. I will endeavor in the future to be more accurate when presenting my evidence.    Apologies to the op for taking the topic slightly off course.    

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was more referring to the mythical SVD, which I searched high and low for a few months ago with no success. I hadn’t heard of a couple of those websites before. 

Begadi do seem to have stock others don't carry (within the EU). I've used them before with no issue and a quick service.

I don't have 800 euros but if I did then Begadi have the RS SVD. Look's pretty sweet!

57 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I was more referring to the mythical SVD, which I searched high and low for a few months ago with no success. I hadn’t heard of a couple of those websites before. 

I see apologies I read your comment and took it  as you could not find a single RS product anywhere you are correct RS SVD are hard to find especially if you want the very accurate Soviet/Russian  weapon finish found mainly on the RS gen 1 SVD and when you do find them they are very expensive here is a link to a RS SVD but it does not come with the scope  https://hristo.hr/en/airsoft/3456/dragunov-svd/real-sword-svd-aeg-airsoft-rifle 

This chap is selling his RS SVD  on prefired https://www.prefired.com/ads/svd-real-sword-dragunov/ but I personally would not pay the asking price considering it does not come with the original paperwork or the scope bag and maintenance kit and from the picture it appears that there are no rubber eye relief for the scope as well. You can also order direct from RS.  

1 hour ago, Sniper780 said:

I see apologies I read your comment and took it  as you could not find a single RS product anywhere you are correct RS SVD are hard to find especially if you want the very accurate Soviet/Russian  weapon finish found mainly on the RS gen 1 SVD and when you do find them they are very expensive here is a link to a RS SVD but it does not come with the scope  https://hristo.hr/en/airsoft/3456/dragunov-svd/real-sword-svd-aeg-airsoft-rifle 

This chap is selling his RS SVD  on prefired https://www.prefired.com/ads/svd-real-sword-dragunov/ but I personally would not pay the asking price considering it does not come with the original paperwork or the scope bag and maintenance kit and from the picture it appears that there are no rubber eye relief for the scope as well. You can also order direct from RS.  

Thanks for the link. Never heard of that site either. Have you bought from there before?

wouldnt buy a second hand one unless it was silly cheap. Too many idiots who don’t look after their stuff. 

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

Thanks for the link. Never heard of that site either. Have you bought from there before?

wouldnt buy a second hand one unless it was silly cheap. Too many idiots who don’t look after their stuff. 

I have bought from Hristo before pretty reliable although postage can sometimes be expensive. 

As mush as I will regret this try softair.ch for a new  RS SVD.  It will cost silly money of course but thats where I sourced my hard to find PPS K98K.  They speak English so give them a call.

On 11/10/2018 at 21:39, Wo1f said:

I would dearly love a Real Sword SVD - but until you mentioned it again, I'd completely given up on finding one.

On 11/10/2018 at 21:50, Immortal said:

Begadi do seem to have stock others don't carry (within the EU). I've used them before with no issue and a quick service.

I don't have 800 euros but if I did then Begadi have the RS SVD. Look's pretty sweet!

I had a look at the one on the Begadi site - Seems a bit odd. In the pics it's stamped as Begadi, so no idea if it's genuine RS or not.

On 11/10/2018 at 22:16, Sniper780 said:

You can also order direct from RS.  

I got in touch with them in June. They replied that there's no stock and gave no indication of when there might be some, other than they would be in touch when there was.

Did anyone say they had ordered successfully from Hristo? 
They seem to have rather sparse information regarding the RS SVD......

Back onto AK's.... I need to find one to get my hands on. It's between the LCT and E&L.
I thought Firesupport had both, but unfortunately they don't - dos anyone know anywhere that carries both? ( And is vaguely North?)....

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I had a look at the one on the Begadi site - Seems a bit odd. In the pics it's stamped as Begadi, so no idea if it's genuine RS or not.

That is a little odd. Perhaps they have distribution rights in Germany or a version tweaked for the German market? (100% hypothesis!) I'd probably contact them and ask about it if I was in the market for one. Previously I've bought parts from them and they were legit, the service was quick and they kept me informed of my orders progress.

3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I got in touch with them in June. They replied that there's no stock and gave no indication of when there might be some, other than they would be in touch when there was.

Did anyone say they had ordered successfully from Hristo? 
They seem to have rather sparse information regarding the RS SVD

That interesting my friend has just order a type 97 for a PLA loadout was it a Helen Lin who emailed you back or a lady called Showy? 

I have ordered from Histro, but, not an aeg but internal parts for my AK and 8 RS magazine when they had them in stock they were pretty good on par with shops like Land Warrior and Patrol Base, in my opinion, postage can be expensive if you don't meet their threshold for free shipping. The RS SVD they have in stock is the version that does not come with the scope which makes it slightly cheaper. 

5 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

That interesting my friend has just order a type 97 for a PLA loadout was it a Helen Lin who emailed you back or a lady called Showy? 

Really????

Gutted.
It was someone called Showy on June 28th ish....

13 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Really????

Gutted.
It was someone called Showy on June 28th ish....

Showy is part of the Marketing Department so she does not normally deal with private sale to individuals, she may have past your request on but if they did not get back to you she may have forgotten, if your still interested in RS aeg/products send them another email, this is the email that I have got the best results with [email protected] and if Helen gets back you then you should be OK she normally very good takes some time with Correspondance but that's down to the different time zones GMT-HKST.

1 hour ago, Sniper780 said:

Showy is part of the Marketing Department so she does not normally deal with private sale to individuals, she may have past your request on but if they did not get back to you she may have forgotten, if your still interested in RS aeg/products send them another email, this is the email that I have got the best results with [email protected] and if Helen gets back you then you should be OK she normally very good takes some time with correspondence but that's down to the different time zones GMT-HKST.

Cheers dude - I've bunged 'em a message and am keeping my fingers crossed!

6 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Cheers dude - I've bunged 'em a message and am keeping my fingers crossed!

No problem let us know how it goes with Real Sword and good luck with whatever AK/variant you chose and let us known what AK you do choose it will be interesting to know what you went for in the end. 

Was looking for an AK to actually get my mitts on and was ever so excited to find an E&L AKM platinum at Fubar Bundy, just down the M62 from me.
Checked it was in stock on the website and off I went!
Got into the store and had a quick look round - couldn't see it anywhere, so I asked.
No, we haven't got that in stock. I said - it's in stock on your website.
The reply - it shouldn't be!
I wasn't impressed, as I'd moved heaven and earth with wife and kids to be able to sneak out.
However, it's entirely my own fault, as I believed the website. I figured, if I could buy it online, I can see it in the shop.
Had I phoned, I'd have known not to go.
My search continues.......

The most important thing you’ll ever learn when it come to airsoft shops. In stock doesn’t necessarily mean in stock 😂

2 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Was looking for an AK to actually get my mitts on and was ever so excited to find an E&L AKM platinum at Fubar Bundy, just down the M62 from me.
Got into the store and had a quick look round - couldn't see it anywhere, so I asked.
I wasn't impressed, as I'd moved heaven and earth with wife and kids to be able to sneak out.
However, it's entirely my own fault, as I believed the website. I figured, if I could buy it online, I can see it in the shop.
Had I phoned, I'd have known not to go.
My search continues.......

Are there no players at your local site that have the AKs / Manufactures you are interested in and will let you have look at one and possibly test it?

4 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

Are there no players at your local site that have the AKs / Manufactures you are interested in and will let you have look at one and possibly test it?

You must be psychic!
i'm just writing a post on my local's FB page to ask that exact thing 😄 

1 minute ago, sonofsammo said:

You must be psychic!
i'm just writing a post on my local's FB page to ask that exact thing 😄 

Hopefully, that course of action will bear some fruit and it should hopefully be easier talking about the AK face to face with someone and the rifle in your hand.   

• Supporters
16 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Quite frankly if 99% of retailers ‘in stock’ systems told me my arse was on fire I wouldn’t believe them until I smelt smoke ! 🤦‍♂️

On 13/10/2018 at 08:11, sonofsammo said:

Back onto AK's.... I need to find one to get my hands on. It's between the LCT and E&L.
I thought Firesupport had both, but unfortunately they don't - dos anyone know anywhere that carries both? ( And is vaguely North?)....

Nope Fire Support are a reseller for LCT only.  TBH you will struggle to find E&L in store in this country.  Just go for the LCT mate, you wont regret it.  In fact, I am buying one at the end of the month as well.....

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Nope Fire Support are a reseller for LCT only.  TBH you will struggle to find E&L in store in this country.  Just go for the LCT mate, you wont regret it.  In fact, I am buying one at the end of the month as well.....

They stock E&L as well.

Just not  in stock! They said they could get me one....

Dude, seriously, they dont stock E&L.  They are my local shop I am in there every week and they have never ever had E&Ls.  They may be able to order one in but I wouldn't hold your breath.

9 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Dude, seriously, they dont stock E&L.  They are my local shop I am in there every week and they have never ever had E&Ls.  They may be able to order one in but I wouldn't hold your breath.

https://fubarbundy.co.uk/shop/el-akm-platinum-aeg-real-wood/

That was in stock when I set off.

When I got there, they said they'd sold it on finance.

Steve said he could order one in if I wanted one.

14 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

https://fubarbundy.co.uk/shop/el-akm-platinum-aeg-real-wood/

That was in stock when I set off.

When I got there, they said they'd sold it on finance.

Steve said he could order one in if I wanted one.

Um, we are talking at cross purposes, I thought you said Fire Support could order you one.  I know nothing about Fubar Bundy.  TBH, it looks like your heart is set on an E&L - try Airsoft Entrepot in France - best price you will find for them.  Alternatively, I think Daves Custom Airsoft have some - but you will pay twice what you would for an LCT AKM and its not worth it.

Or if you feel like a wait airsofttiger111hk have Gen 1 E&L and occasionally they can be had for as little as £185.  Not incl Customs and postage....might be worth an email.

Archived