Let's talk about AK47 AK74 AKM s....

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm still looking for an AK that floats my boat and ended up watching this from the heresy group:

He says that TM didn't use wood, because of where the battery is. 
But I'm sure that G&G have put the battery in the front as well?
So I'm a bit confused.
Does anyone have any experience of the TM AK? The lack of wood puts me off, but I'm still curious if it's any good....
Also - has anyone run a G&G AK?

Does anyone know of any store (preferably north of Nottingham!) where they'd have an e&l, lct and g&g available?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

So I'm a bit confused.
Does anyone have any experience of the TM AK? The lack of wood puts me off, but I'm still curious if it's any good....

Does anyone know of any store (preferably north of Nottingham!) where they'd have an e&l, lct and g&g available?

The G&G  GK  AK series have an 11.1v lipo built into the lower handguard depending on the model some were wooded handguard coved batteries I believe this is what you are referring to.  https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=4924 the more modern G&G AKs that have the key mod front ends just use a regular battery in the front but that because they do not have the gas tube part so there more room.

Tokyo Marui (TM) AKs that I have encountered have never had wood furniture or copious amounts of steel/metal from the factory there are I was told due to the laws in Japan regard airsoft weapons, there are aftermarket kit, but I do not think they will fit the TM AK47 type 3 electric blowback you linked ( I could be wrong).  My first AK was TM it just a regular faux plastic wood and plastic lower receiver with a metal top cover and outer barrel eternal it was meh and creaked and flex like no tomorrow, but internally it was one of the best as with most TM made weapons you  get excellent internal performance  but OK externals that why other airsoft companies copied their gearbox design.   

So far I've found these, if anyone has any comments?

Real Sword Type 56 - £540
https://www.airsoftworld.net/real-sword-type-56-ak47-s-airsoft-rifle-with-bayonet.html#
G&G AK47 - £290
https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6177
LCT AKM - £249
https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-akm-nv-airsoft-gun-aeg

LCT AK47 Ltd Special Edition - £649

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-ak47-aeg-airsoft-rifle-limited-special-edition
E&L AKM Platinum - £435
https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/e-l-elakm-platinum-electric-assault-rifle.html
CYMA AK47 - £210

https://www.airsoftworld.net/cybergun-branded-cyma-ak47-kalashnikov-style-russian-aeg-airsoft-rifle-full-metal-and-wood-plus-free-extra-600rd-hi-cap-magazine.html 

Now I know that's one hell of a price range, but I'm interested in all of them (albeit for different reasons!).

Which represents the best bang for your buck?
I'm looking for something with decent range, as near to indestructible as possible, that feels as close to the real thing as possible and that's fun to use/shoot....

I would go for the Real sword first Type 56 series is your best bet if you want the most accurate AK in an AEG format. They designed the gearbox to fit into real AK receivers so it 1:1 not like all the other airsoft AKs you listed as they are bigger than real AKs because of the v3 gearbox.   Real sword type 56 external are seconded to none full steel and real wood. The steel has a beautiful deep blued finish even the magazine is and Real steel ak mag converted to airsoft which also has blued finish,  internal are rock solid you do not have to do any work on it internally and they disassemble very similarly to Real steel AK minus a few parts. 

Overall my favorite airsoft AK brand.  But it must be noted they are the Chinese designed and produced AK variant, not the Russian and they are expensive here in the UK.  However ehobby aisa  have the RS type 56-1 on sale I have just bought one from them and a type 56-2   https://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalog/product/view/id/9625/s/real-sword-rs-type-56-1-aeg/  so if you want RS quality but LCT price tag get one asap. 

I would not bother with the G&G and cyma economical options you listed as they do not fit your criteria for  "something with decent range, as near to indestructible as possible, that feels as close to the real thing as possible and that's fun to use/shoot" and I have already posted my views on E&L and LCT on the previous page of this thread. 

But just to throw a spanner into the works your criteria for "something with decent range, as near to indestructible as possible, that feels as close to the real thing as possible and that's fun to use/shoot" what about gbb AK particularly the GHK AK? 

47 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

Overall my favorite airsoft AK brand.  But it must be noted they are the Chinese designed and produced AK variant, not the Russian and they are expensive here in the UK.  However ehobby aisa  have the RS type 56-1 on sale I have just bought one from them and a type 56-2   https://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalog/product/view/id/9625/s/real-sword-rs-type-56-1-aeg/  so if you want RS quality but LCT price tag get one asap. 

But just to throw a spanner into the works your criteria for "something with decent range, as near to indestructible as possible, that feels as close to the real thing as possible and that's fun to use/shoot" what about gbb AK particularly the GHK AK? 

Shame it's got the folding stock. So that's £221 before delivery / taxes etc - How much does that add generally?

As far as the GHK goes, I'm not sure.
I like gas guns. Well, actually, I love them.
But they don't love me back.
I have an MWS, which was awesome - 9 mags. And to field it, that's one heck of a weight for an overweight fatty to wobble round with all day. 
I can cope with a decent weight rifle, but when you add in that much weight in mags things become an awful lot less fun.
Which is a shame, cos I love the recoil on my MWS and it's so much fun to shoot.

I went LCT over E&L for two reasons: cheaper and much less prone to rust.

E&L AKs have a thin semi- blued finish which is not really authentic and requires regular oiling with firearns products.

They rust very easily and quickly. LCTs have a matte black coating and rarely show signs of rust. The bloke I spoke to at Fire Support claimed he had never seen rust on one. 

It would be worth googling LCT vs E&L and reading some American reviews. That's what I found very helpful when making my choice.

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

Shame it's got the folding stock. So that's £221 before delivery / taxes etc - How much does that add generally?

As far as the GHK goes, I'm not sure.
I like gas guns. Well, actually, I love them.
But they don't love me back.
I have an MWS, which was awesome - 9 mags. And to field it, that's one heck of a weight for an overweight fatty to wobble round with all day. 
I can cope with a decent weight rifle, but when you add in that much weight in mags things become an awful lot less fun.
Which is a shame, cos I love the recoil on my MWS and it's so much fun to shoot.

For one Real Sword AK from ehobby it cost me $320.99 that included their fast shipping ( which is the only option you have  at the checkout) there going through customs at the moment so will let you known how much that will cost me when I get the info.  

10 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

E&L AKs have a thin semi- blued finish which is not really authentic and requires regular oiling with firearns products.

They rust very easily and quickly.

I have never experienced the quick rusting on my e&l AKs even when using them in wet weather and then I just dry them off with a rag can I ask when you bought your E&L AK?  

4 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

If you have a car it's only about 60 miles to Fire support in Peterborough. If you don't have a car ask if any of your shooting mates fancy the drive over if you'll pay for fuel. Chances are one of them will jump on it. 120 mile round trip.

45MPG is 10MPL 1L is £1.30. So £15 should cover it for most cars.

Once you have an LCT in your hands you'll want it. I said the same thing to @emilianoksa. And it proved true for him as well.

You could get one of the others and they will also be perfect. The LCT does almost as much, costs half as much and leaves a whole heap of budget left over for a side mounted scope rail, Real sling, Mags, Mosfet, And a chest rig, Oh and probably camo as well... £250 difference goes a long way.

The LCT  have daytona kits available as well.... Shouldn't of mentioned this :D:D

https://www.daytonagunairsoft.com/collections/aeg-body-conversion-kits/products/daytona-hpa-lct-ak-rpk-kit

I have an lct as val, and I love it, not sure about the ak platform and mag availability can be an issue.

Parts are plentiful and there very easy to work on being V3 guns.

Hop up wise use lonex, had a pro win and it sucked hard.

Sure weigh a bit, but you'd know that seeing as they're all metal or near as.

Great range and built like a tank, you'll love it.

I have an LCT AKMS which has been incredible so far, admittedly out of the gate I had upgrade done prior to shipping. I had the barrel exchanged for a Prometheus tightbore, a different hop rubber put in, gate titan and a higher spec motor. The rumour mill reports the motors tend to be a weak point on the LCT's but the two I own have had different motors put in immediately (something I do with most my guns).

I run LCT magazines with my AKMS and have had zero feeding issues, as a matter of fact it's probably the best gun I have for feeding BB's. The overall build quality is superb and they're a steal for the price. From the look of it you've got quite a decent budget so upgrading out the box could be a viable option for you. If you wanted to anyway.

If it has any bearing I can tell you that I'll be considering LCT for any future purchases when it comes to new RIF's.

I've owned one of the G&G RK47s, and it wasn't much to shout and scream about. I ended up selling it. While I don't own any other AKs, I do have an LCT SR3M, which I believe has the same internals as their AKs. Assuming the quality is the same, then LCTs externals are fantastic for the price (I paid £210 for a full steel AEG that hasn't so much as creaked in two years), and internally, it's one of my most accurate AEGs I've got, and the only one I haven't had the desire to open up and tinker with.

Basically, I've got an AKM on the shopping list, and it'll be an LCT while the time finally comes around. 

On 06/10/2018 at 10:35, sonofsammo said:

I'm still looking for an AK that floats my boat and ended up watching this from the heresy group:

So I'm a bit confused.

Dat bolt lock doe!

personally until TM bring out the NGRS 74u with bolt lock etc id just stock to LCT

I have a GHK LCT AK74UN, it's bullet proof rock solid model. It's small and maneuverable, easy to use with the stock folded or locked in place. It's not firing real rounds so the whole keeping it steady etc with the stock folded is irrelevant tbh. And in some occasions it's beneficial to fold it up.

There''s very few parts so is easy to service and strip (and fun to do so due to the realistic strip).

It's good out the box, with a 3rd party hop it's even better (but just as fun and effective without).

The mags are expensive and the metal ones can require a bit of tweaking - minor filing maybe required to feed better).

I added a TNT hop and a hi-speed buffer. It doesn't really need these but they do improve ROF, ability to hop heavier BBs and accuracy.

It's a RIF that will make you smile and stroke it like a Bond Villain.

One thing, with 5 mags and an AK it is a heavy load! With mods and mags it'll cost about £1000 all in... ouch! :D

Having owned all of these brand AKs (incl Real Swords and GHK) think I have a fairly good idea of what I am talking about....so here goes.  Ranking in order...

1. LCT - Lovely externals, not as prone to rust.  But the main plus point for LCT is that they are a bog standard V3 gearbox and setup and hence upgrade and replacement parts are readily available if you so wish.

2. E&L - second - BUT ONLY JUST - again superb externals, the Gen.2 have quick change springs etc but even the Gen.1 are nice too.  The only reason LCT are higher ranked is that the gearbox air seal parts (nozzle etc) are slightly different to standard V3 lengths.

3. Real Sword - strictly speaking not an AK but ho hum - very nice externals - standard V3 internals.  Not made anymore and therefore a hefty price tag.  Great gun though if you can find one for a decent price.  Regret selling mine....

4. CYMA - Good budget option - if you can find one you like.  The standard CM048M is their version of the AKM but getting harder to find.  Anything in the CM40 and CM50 range is based off the VFC AK design that has become standard - avoid anything in the CM20 or CM30 range as they are based off the inferior TM design.

5. GHK - LCT do the externals so they are excellent.  Mags are expensive. Hop up isnt great.  Expensive but I would love to buy mine back again as they are a barrel of laughs.

Can't comment on TM or G&G.  But to be honest, LCT and E&L are neck and neck so why bother with TM or G&G.  If you check out Airsoft Entrepot you can find a better price for E&L AKs.

Any q's blast away....

16 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Real Sword - strictly speaking not an AK but ho hum - very nice externals - standard V3 internals.  Not made anymore and therefore a hefty price tag.  Great gun though if you can find one for a decent price.

How do you know Real Sword have stopped manufacturing AEG? This rumor has been circulated before but was quashed on the official Real Sword FB, but has recently been resurrected and espoused by some people, do you possibly have a link to an official statement released by RS themselves or an RS stockist, please?   

• Root Admin
On 06/10/2018 at 10:35, sonofsammo said:

So I'm a bit confused.

TM use plastic wherever possible so I'm not sure that I'd put forward the argument about it being because of a battery. Usually they do a good job - their metallic looking plastics can fool anyone further away than a metre, but that 'wood' looks quite plastic to me :(

32 minutes ago, proffrink said:

TM use plastic wherever possible so I'm not sure that I'd put forward the argument about it being because of a battery. Usually they do a good job - their metallic looking plastics can fool anyone further away than a metre, but that 'wood' looks quite plastic to me :(

While I’m positive it performs great, I think their AK’s look horrendous. Put one side by side with an LCT/GHK and it looks like a Blackpool market springer. 

• Supporters

I’ve got a older gen TM recoil 74su (think I’ve had it close to 8yrs now)and yes it’s not particularly realistic compared to the likes of LCT/etc/etc but with out a doubt it’s the biggest smile making gun I’ve ever owned ! It’s still totally stock never been opened or touched since I bought it but it’s still got awsome range and due to its size the ‘recoil’ is actually quite noticeable but the best part is the noise it makes ! It’s a very satisfying clatter clatter when you fire it . I’ve also got a cyma cm.077 which is a ‘modern’ looking one . I bought mine fromTG and it was one of there own spec ones , it’s had a load of internal upgrades and it’s an absolute beast of a gun ! The range is ridiculous , last game I was at I took out a sniper who’d fired and missed me (don’t know what he had but he was well within the mer for snipers) I run it on a 9.9v and it runs like a train ! So I know not much help but an extra perspective on choices ?

2 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

How do you know Real Sword have stopped manufacturing AEG? This rumor has been circulated before but was quashed on the official Real Sword FB, but has recently been resurrected and espoused by some people, do you possibly have a link to an official statement released by RS themselves or an RS stockist, please?   

Why react so strongly.....Ok, as far as I know they have stopped making them....trying finding one - thats your evidence.  There are a very very limited amount out there......

Realsword might be making them, but they aren’t selling them 😂. There is not a single place I’ve found that has one in stock.  They may have plans to in the future, but they aren’t producing any at the moment. 

7 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Why react so strongly.....Ok, as far as I know they have stopped making them....trying finding one - thats your evidence.  There are a very very limited amount out there......

I personally don't think I reacted strongly I apologize if you interpreted it as such but it a genuine query always looking for more info regarding RS and since you put in a public post I thought you may have some info. 

6 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Realsword might be making them, but they aren’t selling them 😂. There is not a single place I’ve found that has one in stock.  They may have plans to in the future, but they aren’t producing any at the moment. 

Here a list of link of places that has the type 56 and its variants  in stock you may have to scroll or move to a different page but they are there: 

https://www.anareus.eu/kategorie.php?kat_id=419&vyrobce=150 ( personal bought from them very good)

https://www.airsoftworld.net/catalogsearch/result/?q=real+sword+type+56  (personal bought from them )

https://www.evike.com/brands/525/

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/Airsoft-Guns-Real-Sword-Airsoft-Guns/c3_370/index.html (personal bought from them )

http://www.bunnyworkshop.com.hk/airsoft/index.php?route=product/search&search=real sword (personal bought from them )

https://www.begadi.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=3&q=real+sword  ( does not ship AEGs to the UK )

https://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_421  (personal bought from them) 

https://www.octagonairsoft.com/product-page/real-sword-type-56-aeg

Also, ehobby Asia had them on sale most are out of stock now, you can also buy directly from Real Sword which I have done and do. Your google-fu needs some work. 

Edit the above links are a representation of a possible website that claims to stock RS products I have personally used the one marked and have had no issue but your mileage may vary.   

• Supporters
2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

He didn’t ? Just seemed a genuine question .

4 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

I personally don't think I reacted strongly I apologize if you interpreted it as such but it a genuine query always looking for more info regarding RS and since you put in a public post I thought you may have some info. 

Here a list of link of places that has the type 56 and its variants  in stock you may have to scroll or move to a different page but they are there: 

https://www.anareus.eu/kategorie.php?kat_id=419&vyrobce=150

https://www.airsoftworld.net/catalogsearch/result/?q=real+sword+type+56

https://www.evike.com/brands/525/

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/Airsoft-Guns-Real-Sword-Airsoft-Guns/c3_370/index.html

http://www.bunnyworkshop.com.hk/airsoft/index.php?route=product/search&search=real sword 

https://www.begadi.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=3&q=real+sword  

https://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_421  

https://www.octagonairsoft.com/product-page/real-sword-type-56-aeg

Also, ehobby Asia had them on sale most are out of stock now, you can also buy directly from Real Sword which I have done and do. Your google-fu needs some work.

Apologies if I mistook your tone.

Of those companies listed there are precisely 2 that I would actually believe have them in stock. I would be very very careful with the HK sites.  Having been there in person in Feb this year I can assure you that places like Bunny do not have half of what they say they do.

Oh and Begadi wont ship guns to the UK so you can take that one off your list. :) Something to do with German gun laws. I know cos I inquired about an Sterling from them 

On sale currently   

https://gunfire.com/en/products/cm048m-replica-1152192532.html

Archived