Improving Range & FPS, Help?

RomeoCharlie93
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Funny you ask about the Nuprol.  I asked them on FB Messenger today as to what spring is in the DELTA series. (I have their Sopmod)

They don't know!!  It's a spring put in by the factory to match what their claimed FPS requirement is..340!  But i'm getting about 320ish.

A M100 spring should turn up tomorrow, as I tried the M110 taken out of my ICS and it was then around 370.  Also for shits & giggles I am running my ICS bucking & nub in the Nuprol. (Prommy purple is in the ICS)

So will wack it all over the chrono tomorrow or Friday and see what's what.  (Ran the Nuprol last weekend, consistent shots..but didn't quite have the range of my ICS with the prommy purple...btw all buckings and barrels wrapped in telfon tape on both guns.)

I'm quite enjoying fiddling around with my guns now..lol

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

Search the forums. This topic, on this gun, has been done so many times before...

ok buddy , will do.

I  should of looked but just presumed it hadn't been mentioned before as i know not many people run nuprol and there seems to be a lack of info in general.

Thanks though ill take a look!

1 hour ago, Monkman said:

Funny you ask about the Nuprol.  I asked them on FB Messenger today as to what spring is in the DELTA series. (I have their Sopmod)

They don't know!!  It's a spring put in by the factory to match what their claimed FPS requirement is..340!  But i'm getting about 320ish.

A M100 spring should turn up tomorrow, as I tried the M110 taken out of my ICS and it was then around 370.  Also for shits & giggles I am running my ICS bucking & nub in the Nuprol. (Prommy purple is in the ICS)

So will wack it all over the chrono tomorrow or Friday and see what's what.  (Ran the Nuprol last weekend, consistent shots..but didn't quite have the range of my ICS with the prommy purple...btw all buckings and barrels wrapped in telfon tape on both guns.)

EXACTLY, there is next to nothing when it comes to info on Nuprol AEGs compared to other manufacturers...

I ran mine properly for the first time last week also , I thought it performed well for the price , but yeah ! definitely lacked FPS wise.

240/50ish on .25g BBs? just under 300 on .20g BBs?

The grouping at range is piss poor compared to my friends G&G RK74-t.

I understand the G&G isn't technically a beginners/budget AEG like the Nuprol is marketed,

But they are still both stock out the box and the range difference is worlds apart!

The fps is what it is roughly advertised when the hop is completely off...when my hop is adjusted where I like, it's around about 280-290 on .2 bb's.  Hence why i'm going to try a different spring...

Just make sure the barrel is squeeky clean and your using 0.25 as a minimum for outdoors.  Also remove your barrel from the hop up..and then wrap some Teflon tape around the bucking down onto the barrel, this should help with any air possibly leaking through, then gently put it back into the hop unit.  Also use some electrical tape and wrap it around your barrell down the entire length of it. (Like a barber shop pole) This should prevent any vibration from your inner barrell, against your outer barrell.  If the electrical tape is too tight, then use Telfon tape in multiple layers.

Adjust the hop in very small increments..i'm talking fractions of mm's..as the Nuprol hop is finicky...also just tighten the very small screw on the hop rotary dial you can see...if the hop dial is loose, then your hopup won't be very good...tighten it so you can just about move it with your finger nail.

Also maybe consider flat hop or R-hop modification...this will get you better range and accuracy.  (It's my next challenge to Flathop mine..)  :)

10 hours ago, RomeoCharlie93 said:

I understand the G&G isn't technically a beginners/budget AEG like the Nuprol is marketed,

G&G CM16 is the go-to beginners AEG and widely regarded as the best option on a budget 

12 hours ago, Monkman said:

If you are getting 320fps then you have an M100 in there, why have you ordered another one?

The difference between 340 and 320 is so small why even bother trying to get it up to 340, you are at no disadvantage by being 20fps under what they quoted

normally cleaning your barrel will improve your FPS

9 hours ago, Monkman said:

The fps is what it is roughly advertised when the hop is completely off...when my hop is adjusted where I like, it's around about 280-290 on .2 bb's.  Hence why i'm going to try a different spring...

Just make sure the barrel is squeeky clean and your using 0.25 as a minimum for outdoors.  Also remove your barrel from the hop up..and then wrap some Teflon tape around the bucking down onto the barrel, this should help with any air possibly leaking through, then gently put it back into the hop unit.  Also use some electrical tape and wrap it around your barrell down the entire length of it. (Like a barber shop pole) This should prevent any vibration from your inner barrell, against your outer barrell.  If the electrical tape is too tight, then use Telfon tape in multiple layers.

Adjust the hop in very small increments..i'm talking fractions of mm's..as the Nuprol hop is finicky...also just tighten the very small screw on the hop rotary dial you can see...if the hop dial is loose, then your hopup won't be very good...tighten it so you can just about move it with your finger nail.

Also maybe consider flat hop or R-hop modification...this will get you better range and accuracy.  (It's my next challenge to Flathop mine..)  :)

The FPS will drop, its having pressure applied to the BB causing it to slow down, if you're aiming for 340 with hop on then your gun would need to be firing at around 360/370 fps with the hop off

the human eye cant differentiate between 50/60FPS , there's no point in chasing figures

M100 is really for my ICS..but I want to try it in the Nuprol first.  :)  (Also it will probably come in handy as I expand my collection of pew pew's)

Ok..after some testing today on my chrono with Nuprol .2 bb's

Nuprol Delta SOPMOD with stock spring:  Avg 312fps  

Nuprol Delta SOPMOD with modify m100 spring: Avg 340fps

So could my Nuprol be a M90/95 spring?  It was shooting 320avg months ago last time I tested it.

ICS CXP CQB with m120 spring + stock 185mm barrel: Avg 385 fps (stock spring which came with the gun)

ICS CXP CQB with m110 spring + stock 185mm barrel: Avg 350 fps

ICS CXP CQB with m110 spring + 303mm barrel:  Avg 370fps (Added new barrel for better accuracy)

ICS CXP CQB with m95  spring + 303mm barrel: Avg 340fps

Didn't feel the need to try the modify m100 in the ICS in the end....(Fed up taking the Nuprol apart and ICS upper gearbox apart..lol)

20180615_160314.jpg

On 6/14/2018 at 7:39 AM, E21A said:

G&G CM16 is the go-to beginners AEG and widely regarded as the best option on a budget 

Before acting the smart arse, if you had read the post properly you would have seen I said...

" compared to my friends G&G RK74-t"

Nowhere did I mention a CM16 , you may find this hard to believe as I'm sure only the elite are gifted with such knowledge ... but yes I am aware the Combat Machine is a beginners AEG.

Thanks again for your most helpful reply.

5 hours ago, Monkman said:

So could my Nuprol be a M90/95 spring?  It was shooting 320avg months ago last time I tested it.

ICS CXP CQB with m120 spring + stock 185mm barrel: Avg 385 fps (stock spring which came with the gun)

ICS CXP CQB with m110 spring + stock 185mm barrel: Avg 350 fps

ICS CXP CQB with m110 spring + 303mm barrel:  Avg 370fps (Added new barrel for better accuracy)

ICS CXP CQB with m95  spring + 303mm barrel: Avg 340fps

Didn't feel the need to try the modify m100 in the ICS in the end....(Fed up taking the Nuprol apart and ICS upper gearbox apart..lol)

20180615_160314.jpg

thanks for the update mate! I think I'm going to invest in few bits like an m100 spring ,bucking , maybe a new unit and hopefully see some improvement. 

7 hours ago, Monkman said:

20180615_160314.jpg

Yeh id probably say it's an M95 standard on those FPS readings.

There are a lot of variables though, for example if you had an M90 with a BB guide and BB cyl head that would equate to an M95 more or less.

With good air seal I would expect 335-345 on an M95 with 300mm barrel.

If you want to increase consistency / accuracy then concentrate on the hop.

Experiment with a few different buckings to see which gives most consistent FPS reading, I would try out a stock G&G green and a Prommy purple.

If you're keen to R hop try out a PDI W hold for FPS consistency.

Use 0.25 - 0.28s for circa 330 FPS.

Upto 0.36 if R hopped at that FPS. :D

Archived