JG Bar 10 assembly problem

elrasho
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Decided to take my JG Bar 10 down to clean it. When putting it all back together I can't align this screw:

ZTYmH7K.jpg

I've tried screwing both parts in from different start positions but it won't align, it will if I don't screw it all the way in so its tight but then the piston doesn't slide in fully.

Please help.

1 minute ago, M_P said:

It shouldn't be screwed all the way in so the problem that needs to be solved will be with your cylinder somewhere if it's not going all the way back in 

this is correct i have the BAR10 - if i screw my barrel in all the way until tight then i am also unable to align the screw and hole, i normally screw mine in tight then unscrew  until the screw hole is in the correct position. 

if your cylinder is not sliding in correctly this could indicate a bent outer barrel i had this once before, what was happening was my nozzle on the cyclinder was hitting the action army hop unit- getting a new straight outer barrel solved this :) .

Also I normally have my cylinder in place on the trigger unit when i screw mine back together as normally only disassemble now to clean the barrel - when doing this as you get 4/5 turns away from the outer barrel being fully in and your hear/feel a click as the cylinder nozzle hits the black bb stops in the action army chamber might be worth doing this way round to ensure you have the cylinder correctly installed 

Thanks guys I haven't screwed it all in and aligned it just like madmogga said. The cylinder wasn't going all the way in bcan'tse of a white plastic washer, not sure where this goes though  🤨

Edit: put it all back together and its firing, cant help but wonder where that white plastic washer is supposed to go though

29 minutes ago, elrasho said:

Thanks guys I haven't screwed it all in and aligned it just like madmogga said. The cylinder wasn't going all the way in because of a white plastic washer, not sure where this goes though  🤨

the white washer is a guide ring for the cylinder you should have one at the front and back of the  upper receiver. normally it is the one at the front that falls out which should be a complete "O" the back one has i bit cut out looking more like a "C"  just push this into the end of the upper receiver past the thread your see a very small lip about 1.5" into the upper this is where it will stop/sit

sorry at work so can't post a picture

Quick Pic to show both guide rings and where they should sit inside the upper

vsr.jpg

58 minutes ago, madmogga said:

the white washer is a guide ring for the cylinder you should have one at the front and back of the  upper receiver. normally it is the one at the front that falls out which should be a complete "O" the back one has i bit cut out looking more like a "C"  just push this into the end of the upper receiver past the thread your see a very small lip about 1.5" into the upper this is where it will stop/sit

sorry at work so can't post a picture

Got it thanks :) Chronoed it to make sure its all nice and tight. I got 345 FPS on 0.25g BB (390 FPS with hop off). Is that about right for a stock JG Bar 10 with an action army hop up chamber?

3 minutes ago, elrasho said:

Got it thanks :) Chronoed it to make sure its all nice and tight. I got 345 FPS on 0.25g BB. Is that about right for a stock JG Bar 10 with an action army hop up chamber?

if your checking to make sure your getting a good air seal then consistency in the FPS is what your after as FPS will all depend on the spring your using, that said check your site limits 345 with .25's is a bit low most sites allow 500fps on .2 which will be about 445fps using .25s so you might want to pop in a better spring in their 

4 minutes ago, madmogga said:

if your checking to make sure your getting a good air seal then consistency in the FPS is what your after as FPS will all depend on the spring your using, that said check your site limits 345 with .25's is a bit low most sites allow 500fps on .2 which will be about 445fps using .25s so you might want to pop in a better spring in their 

Yes, it was on my to-do list but I'm selling it now. I don't go to any outdoor sites anymore so have to part ways :( Testing it in my back garden sure felt good though!

Archived