Swerving bbs !

Kebabio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive recently bought a PTS Masada GBBR,brand new and completely stock.I used it for the first time on sunday and noticed that when fired the bbs would travel straight for the majority of the time but the last 10-20 ft they would veer to the left or right or occasionaly stay straight.Im using .25g Airsoft surgeon bbs which ive never had an issue with in my AEGs and Airsoft Surgeon gas if that has any relevance.Ive only put this post in this section as Ive never had this issue before and this is m first GBBR.Would appreciate any sensible feedback,cheers

Eliminate the possibilities.

Do they curve same way if you shoot down range, if not it's the wind.

Clean your barrel. Lastly, (and most likely) your hop is out of alignment.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'll echo what Duff said about cleaning your Barrel.. but from looking at the guns you own on your profile, you should be a dab hand at rifle maintenance already, so presumably you've done this?

Failing that, @BigBlackGlock will be able to help, iirc he's had PTS Masada GBBRs in the past and might know of a certain issue they might have?

I had a similar problem with a  G36C.  cleaned the barrel and used PTFT tape to make sure it was a tight fit between the inner and outer barrel.

Cheers

G

2 hours ago, Kebabio said:

Would appreciate any sensible feedback,cheers

Meh!!...

Would be great to shoot around corners in CQB :P  

But to echo above, barrel may need a clean or even be faulty! I would try other bbs and then take the barrel out and try to see if it is straight, other than that speak to the shop and see what they suggest.

7 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Failing that, @BigBlackGlock will be able to help, iirc he's had PTS Masada GBBRs in the past and might know of a certain issue they might have?

I've only had mine for 4 days so I can't comment much unfortunately 😅 However, I have experienced the same issue before with different guns. As @Duff said, a good barrel clean and cleaning/inspecting the hop unit/rubber was the solution.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Would be great to shoot around corners in CQB

Or in woodland.  I often tilt my gun to get a sideways curve on it.  It's not magical thinking, the physics do actually work that way.

So, as above, check your hop unit, but also check that your barrel (to which the hop window and rubber are attached) is aligned perfectly within it.  Some barrels and rubbers - I'm thinking of my MB-03 here - can have surprising amounts of rotational free play.

Maybe this is where hard-core cheaters get their immunity? "Nah mate your hop up is misaligned that shot curved .3/4'smm so by rights I don't have to call that hit!"

On 6/13/2018 at 1:12 PM, Albiscuit said:

Meh!!...

Would be great to shoot around corners in CQB :P  

But to echo above, barrel may need a clean or even be faulty! I would try other bbs and then take the barrel out and try to see if it is straight, other than that speak to the shop and see what they suggest.

I do get sneaky shooting curves like Wanted if someone’s hiding behind an obstacle. Push the hop  whack and tilt the gun. Especially impressively with pistols, but not as accurate.

Archived