X-site RIP

snuff
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just found out that X-site in Hgh Wycombe will finish at the end of the month ...but the good news is it's being taken over by the resident Paintball management team..don't frown at that they have run the paintball site for many years.

Paul and Alan have very good customer service skills and customer satisfaction is up there..no I don't work for them...hopefully the site will benefit from rebuilding now with the emphasis on the decaying play area..which anyone who visit there over the years can atest to..worth a visit IMHO..http://www.skirmishwycombeairsoft.com/

Hopefully it won't be shut too long, was on my list of sites to try.

Cheers

G

No,the first new game will be on the 7th of July,yes a Saturday...the week after x-site leave...

That's what put me off, the website looked so bad, I wasn't sure it would be any good. But it is one of the closest sites for me, so was on the list of sites to try.

It was good utilising the well built paintball fields i.e vietnam village,town,police station,windmill..unfortunately over the years it has decayed due to lack of maintenance..it WILL improve I'm sure and will be well worth a visit...

It's airsoft.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, proffrink said:

2018 and that was the best they could muster for a website that's their first point of contact for many of their new players. Jesus fucking christ.

Just saw that myself. Looks like something I'd make in High School during a lesson in IT in year 7. Though tbf I think I'd be able to make something a little better than that.. 

I'd say it looks temporary but the latest post was last year in December. Plenty of time to get a new design made. 

edit: Oh and is it me or is £50 a pop for rentals a tad on the expensive side? Here I was thinking my £30 a day all inclusive was pretty steep. 

http://www.skirmishwycombeairsoft.com/  from Snuff's original post.

That looks much better, , it's got details, first game 7th July.

£25 walkon fee.

Cheers

G

9 hours ago, Gepard said:

edit: Oh and is it me or is £50 a pop for rentals a tad on the expensive side? Here I was thinking my £30 a day all inclusive was pretty steep. 

Assuming that includes the game fee then that is not high, e.g. £60 for Ambush

Who charges £30?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, MisterG said:

Who charges £30?

My local, Alpha 55. 

22 hours ago, Robert James said:

So is it going to be Airsoft still or only paintball

Both but not simultaneously I believe.

• Supporters

I can't say I'm surprised, this was once my go to site that became one I wouldn't go to unless I wanted a reasonable chance of a shit day. The games used to be well organised and were actually planned the night before, once all the old marshaling team left games were just planned the same day more often than not and cheating was at times pretty rampant.

Yes it was pretty basic as far as woodland sites go but the standard of play and atmosphere used to easily make up for it.

For anyone else that runs a site with regulars that cheat: please ban them or at least don't wonder why no one wants to play at your games anymore.

The site would benefit a lot from being opened up and not having weird random sections cordoned off for paintball. The netting in general that isn't used for covering the safezone could do with being removed as it gets in the way and can be used as a shield when you are really close to it. Not to mention loads of the site has been quite badly damaged since at least the winter of 2013 when I started playing.... Killhouse walls falling down, Windwill is a deathtrap(nearly broke my finger there once), Howitzer is so rotten you can't see it, holes in floor in the Vietnam village.

21 hours ago, Esoterick said:

I can't say I'm surprised, this was once my go to site that became one I wouldn't go to unless I wanted a reasonable chance of a shit day. The games used to be well organised and were actually planned the night before, once all the old marshaling team left games were just planned the same day more often than not and cheating was at times pretty rampant.

Yes it was pretty basic as far as woodland sites go but the standard of play and atmosphere used to easily make up for it.

For anyone else that runs a site with regulars that cheat: please ban them or at least don't wonder why no one wants to play at your games anymore.

The site would benefit a lot from being opened up and not having weird random sections cordoned off for paintball. The netting in general that isn't used for covering the safezone could do with being removed as it gets in the way and can be used as a shield when you are really close to it. Not to mention loads of the site has been quite badly damaged since at least the winter of 2013 when I started playing.... Killhouse walls falling down, Windwill is a deathtrap(nearly broke my finger there once), Howitzer is so rotten you can't see it, holes in floor in the Vietnam village.

All regulars saw that,no maintenance,I couldn't agree more the place has gone to ruin.There are plans afoot to rebuild it with the new team in place but it won't happen overnight.The marshaling went downhill with them even saying the site was crap,they had no interest and were running boring run of the mill games.I understand that the point is to make money but it appears nothing was put back into the site...pity ....but at least it hasn't gone...

I'll probably give it a few weeks under the new management and then try it out.

No specific date in mind just now, but if they re-open first week in July then probably I'd aim for mid August, e.g. 19th, but it they get really good reviews might go sooner.

They seem to alternate Saturday's and Sundays, but a few dates are young guns.

As someone mentioned the lak of maintenance, I cant remember where but a site I played at last year a bit (may have been Dorking) asked players one game day if they fancied helping to maintain the site, rebuild bits and spend a day or two generally helping out as ground staff.

Offered a few game days in exchange. I thought it was a great idea to include regulars in the upkeep, give you a sense of ownership and gets to know the owners/team etc. 

Would have helped out but the sites I goto are not very local to me as I am located in London..

4 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

As someone mentioned the lak of maintenance, I cant remember where but a site I played at last year a bit (may have been Dorking) asked players one game day if they fancied helping to maintain the site, rebuild bits and spend a day or two generally helping out as ground staff.

Offered a few game days in exchange. I thought it was a great idea to include regulars in the upkeep, give you a sense of ownership and gets to know the owners/team etc. 

Would have helped out but the sites I goto are not very local to me as I am located in London..

We offered  as regulars,alas they were not interested ,we don't know why..perhaps they saw us play...

6 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Ambush did that.  In my case was a bit far to travel, and was during my first skirmish so wasn't sure how soon I would be back again.

Archived