Target Shooting.

Qlimax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

I used to shoot a lot, mostly .22 and 9mm pistols. I enquired at a couple of local places when I moved back to the UK, but I found it pretty unfriendly and they weren’t interested in any conversation. The local shooting clubs seemed more like some group of old shotgun buddies who reeled at the idea of someone under the age of 50 coming within a hundred feet of them. Didn’t exactly do the stereotype much good.

Unfortunately I've had a similar reply with a local rifle/firearm club. Seems you need to be over a certain age and include tweed in every outfit to 'fit in"

50 minutes ago, ibo7 said:

Unfortunately I've had a similar reply with a local rifle/firearm club. Seems you need to be over a certain age and include tweed in every outfit to 'fit in"

It’s a shame really, they’re killing their own sport.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

It’s a shame really, they’re killing their own sport.

yeah I know what you mean, they're like a close nit group and it's hard to get into really isn't it. I thought myself being an NSRA RCO would make it easier to join and get into a club but it's not although I have been asked to run their ranges..... Cheeky fecks.

On 03/07/2018 at 09:21, Qlimax said:

yeah I know what you mean, they're like a close nit group and it's hard to get into really isn't it. I thought myself being an NSRA RCO would make it easier to join and get into a club but it's not although I have been asked to run their ranges..... Cheeky fecks.

Well, eventually the last one'll pop their clogs and there'll be nobody left the way it's going at the moment. Unless you happen to live within 20 miles of Bisley. But even then, it's mostly club days anyway.

On 02/07/2018 at 18:46, ibo7 said:

I nearly qualify on the age front, can you get tweed in MTP  😀

Clay shooters are generally quite friendly. You hear a few whispers if you turn up with anything other than an over/under but it's no worse than if you turn up to an airsoft site with a PTW.

I had a similar experience with my local club. Went for a visit a few years ago, and didnt find it that welcoming.

I've been meaning to try it again to see if its changed. Might even take the wife.

Fired about 15 rifles when I was in vegas last year. Finally got to use a barrett and mp5 sd which were always on my list.

Always fancied having a go at target shooting.

I miss when bisley used to do open days. Always looked forward to going there and trying out the differnt guns.

If you want to try a club then look at what they shoot.  Our club in Poole is open to almost anyone.  We have by far the largest section in airguns, but plently of live fire members as well.  As a 25 yard indoor range we can't cope with shotgun enthusiasts, but most everything else is welcome, including black powder.  Only thing we don't do is airsoft.  And we are very welcoming. From 10yo kids to 80yo+ and both sexes, all are welcome.  If you are near Poole try Parkstone Gun Club.

• Supporters

Shortened the video right down, out yesterday shooting again. 45yds shooting at a 40mm wide exploding target. First shot and fit, had to adjust by 2 mil-dots up off centre on scope to get it and had right to left wind as well. Cracking little shot me thinks. 

Archived