Highest quality BB's?

Seven
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, so looking for opinions on the best quality BB's.

Highly polished with little variation in size and weight.

Looking for a manufacturer for both normal and tracer applications.

Cheers!

For what weight range?

7 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

For what weight range?

0.25's and .4/.43's

*EDIT* and I should add that bio bb's would be preferred.

• Head Moderator

Here are some previous BB topics: 

5 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Here are some previous BB topics: 

Thanks for that... I did attempt a search but searching for 'Quality BBs' brought up all kinds of things completely unrelated to BB's, lol

Heavy weight BB’s my go to is Geoffs or longbow. The 1000 tubs of accuracy international ASG heavy ones are good too. 

.28 and under any blaster devil or G&G bb. Not usually picky with light stuff. 

36 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

ASG blaster always been faultless for me 

I've found these great too. Especially as all rounders as I use .28's in my shotty, Co2 pistol and AEG.

11 minutes ago, Duff said:

I've found these great too. Especially as all rounders as I use .28's in my shotty, Co2 pistol and AEG.

Ive always used the .2 and .25g and never had any issues, always seem consistent and used bottle after bottle! will be trying out there tracer ones in the coming weeks 

My go too bbs are Geoffs or the 'draft club bbs' in 0.30g, with a good gun they are pin point accurate and put bbs like Asg blasters and even mad bull to shame.. But not only are the draft club bbs accurate they are cheaper then Geoffs but also the draft club look after their customers.. 👍 

Bioval for me.

Been using them for years and they haven't found a faulty one yet. They are a bit pricey though..

10 minutes ago, Skara said:

Bioval for me.

Been using them for years and they haven't found a faulty one yet. They are a bit pricey though..

Never heard of those. Assume they're bio?

1 hour ago, Duff said:

Never heard of those. Assume they're bio?

Yep, made in Switzerland..

They only make bios, from .20s to .30s, tracers included iirc. All the colours you want.

8 minutes ago, Skara said:

Yep, made in Switzerland..

They only make bios, from .20s to .30s, tracers included iirc. All the colours you want.

£30 for 4k bb's is steep asf tho, I pay £9 for 3k. I know bios are more expensive but fuck me.

23 minutes ago, Duff said:

£30 for 4k bb's is steep asf tho, I pay £9 for 3k. I know bios are more expensive but fuck me.

£30?

They're like €15 here xD

6 minutes ago, Skara said:

£30?

They're like €15 here xD

About right given the £/€ exchange rate.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Seven said:

*EDIT* and I should add that bio bb's would be preferred.

Personal preference?  You're fine to use anything in the Depot, Nomad is closing down and only care that the bottle or bag is labelled bio not the contents, and Section 8 don't appear to require bio yet.

CAUTION: all of the following are for stock sloppy-bore barrels of 6.08mm or so.  I haven't tried any of these in a tightbore barrel yet.

Non-Bio:

ASG Blaster 0.2 and 0.25 work fine.

Nuprol RZR 0.25g work fine for me.  They apparently had a bad batch a few years back which rightfully put a lot of people off, but I took a gamble just to see if they'd sorted them and them seem to have done so.

Valken Tactical 0.25 - they shoot fine, but they're greyish rather than white and I find it tricky to see where they're flying. Personal choice, I don't like that, some folk prefer it or even use black BBs.

Bio:

Rockets Professional bio 0.25g - work fine.

Nuprol RZR bio 0.25g - as above.

Kilo 9 bio 0.25g.  Utter garbage.  I tried these in my new MP5K and thought the gun was defective, with a non functional hop and double feeding issues. With Rockets or RZR it's fine.  I just binned the rest of them, I wouldn't even give them away.

Geoffs Precision Bio 0.43g and 0.36g. Both work fine in my MB-03, or would if i could get the FPS above 400 but below 600.

Just found a 4k pack for under €10 

https://m.facebook.com/UCAP-Airsoft-300904156666476/?locale2=en_GB

Must just be a bad priced Amazon item.

Also @Rogerborgthe .28 blaster devils are great too. I use them across all my guns. 

Blaster devil, asg cursed are both good. My current favorite for quality, accuracy and consistency though are 'The Draft Club' bb's. Extra kudos with them that they give rewards points with purchases so you can get a free bottle from time to time.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Personal preference?

Yeah, for playing outdoor sites I don't like the idea of spewing non-degrading plastics into the environment when it can easily be avoided.

Indoor, I don't care...

I noticed my ASG Blasters turn an opaque grey when left in the sun. Thought only bios discolours?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Seven said:

for playing outdoor sites I don't like the idea of spewing non-degrading plastics into the environment when it can easily be avoided

Fair enough. I agree, at least now that I've found some that work at a reasonable price.

Although that said, the BBs at indoor sites just get swept up, put in a bin and go into landfill, so really we should be all bio everywhere.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Although that said, the BBs at indoor sites just get swept up, put in a bin and go into landfill, so really we should be all bio everywhere.

Yeah, fair point, never thought of it like that.

Or perhaps sites could sweep them up and put them in the plastic recycling bin, lol

3 hours ago, Duff said:

I noticed my ASG Blasters turn an opaque grey when left in the sun. Thought only bios disclosures?

Most things fade when left in the sun tbh. Could just be the sun's bleaching effect?

10 hours ago, Seven said:

Yeah, fair point, never thought of it like that.

Or perhaps sites could sweep them up and put them in the plastic recycling bin, lol

Most things fade when left in the sun tbh. Could just be the sun's bleaching effect?

Only the Blasters. I had a mixture, some cheapos that remained pearly white, the blasters that went grey and a handful of tracers which I can see laying on my lawn at night.

15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

The whole Bio and non-bio bb's thing as got me itching to do an experiment... 

Bio-bbs are marketed as breaking down quicker than non-bios in compostable environments.  Being dropped in woodland, dumped in landfill or even slightly pressed into mushy ground is not really a compostable environment. 

To compost things you (normally) need a balance of oxygen, moisture, heat and "food" for the bacteria and organisms that break things down. This is normally a mix of "greens" and "browns" (grass cutting, dead wood etc). 

Laying out in an open field, bb's are too open to the elements for composting to take place effectively (too much oxygen, too much variation in temperature and moisture) 

Landfill, there is not usually enough oxgen or "food" for bacteria and organisms to break everything down. 

Yes plastic waste is something that everyone should look at reducing however they can. But in my mind, bio-bb's are incorrectly labelled as "better for the environment" compared to non-bio bbs. I suspect there is very little difference in braking down time between the two of them in real world scenarios. The mechanical moment of soil/feet/weather more than likely breaks up bb's long before they "compost".  

Archived