Barrel cleaning for a newby

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As far as I can tell a bit of isopropyl alcohol on a bit of paper or patch can be pushed down the barrel from the muzzle end, provided the hop up has been turned off.

Presumably alcohol will not harm the rubber bucking, but it wouldn't contact it much anyway if the hop up were disabled.

But to do this you have to be sure of the length of the barrel so as not to shove the rod into the air nozzle.

I assume that the first time the barrel is cleaned it is best to remove it completely  from the gun, measure how much of the rod can go in and then make a mark on it. Or better still place some kind of restrictor (eg. a thick O ring) on the rod to ensure it only goes so far into the barrel.

Am I making sense, or am I making it much too complicated?

• Supporters

As long as you don't ram it in like your life depends on it you should be fine doing it by feel. Ideally yes, take it out of the gun but in reality a bit of care and common sense is all you really need!

9 hours ago, M_P said:

don't just ram it in, when you feel resistance, that's far enough 

😂🤣

18 hours ago, M_P said:

As lozart says don't just ram it in, when you feel resistance, that's far enough 

I've said this before, we need a quote of the day pinned post.

19 hours ago, M_P said:

As lozart says don't just ram it in, when you feel resistance, that's far enough 

41 minutes ago, SCAR_Jester said:

I've said this before, we need a quote of the day pinned post.

Seconded.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, M_P said:

Cleaning a barrel is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman...

Swiss-Toni-800x450.jpg

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Cleaning a barrel is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman...

Swiss-Toni-800x450.jpg

It's also the same as banging a fatty in the alley behind the pub whilst 11 pints deep.

Archived