What AEG to get as your 2nd gun?

JakeBeard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been playing Airsoft for a few months now I currently have a G&G cm Raider L (obvious starter gun) now I have UKARA I want to buy a better gun. I have a budget of £400, and was hoping for some suggestions! Preferably M4 based.

This^ pretty sure you can get the standard m4 for £360ish

I’ve seen enough cracked Krytac receivers to know I don’t ever want one.. it’s just an AEG. No bolt lock or anything like that

• Supporters

If you do go TM NGRS but you go second hand then avoid like the plague any thing that has ‘custom’ or ‘up-graded’ in the title as it’ll be more than likely you’ll be buying a bucket full of trouble , there finicky things to work on and there’s waaaaaaaaayyyy too many monkeys out there that may be good at ‘normal’ gearboxes but quite frankly are utter muppets with NGRS platforms but won’t admit there in over there heads when it comes to them and just dig them selves in deeper and deeper in to the hole that is the badly up-graded recoils  ! 🤦‍♂️

Why, whats wrong with the G&G? they have the best gearbox in them, no fuss, they work great

just upgrade that

i would rather have a combat machine over anything else thats been recommended (Not that they are bad recommendations but the CM range is brilliant)

I'd sort of second what @Jez_Armstrong is saying. My "cheap" G&G shoots much better out the box than my Falkor Defence that was 3 times the price. 

In what way do you want "a better gun" ? What goes your Raider lack? What annoys you about it? What would you like that you do not have?

Are the guarder clear hop rubbers better than a Maple Leaf one?

Cheers

G

In my personal opinion, Yes

but for a tenner each, get both and try both and make your own decision on it, just remember the best thing to keep your gun maintained is to clean your barrel after every game (maybe even before) the biggest issue i have with customers is "Ive lost 30fps i need a new spring or hop rubber"

*Cleans barrel*

fps back to normal

3 hours ago, Arwen said:

In what way do you want "a better gun" ? What goes your Raider lack? What annoys you about it? What would you like that you do not have?

A gun that doesn't feel as cheap or sound as tinny. Lacks range and consistency. I've currently already got a 6.03 tb in it helped slightly but still not getting the range and accuracy I desire. And mainly want a change the CM16 will surve as a decent back up.

Ok, so what is your current range roughly? Are all of your shots going of in wild directions or do most go straight and the odd one flies to the side?

When you say lacks consistency, do you mean the range fluctuates or the accuracy fluctuates. Or does the aeg have feeding/firing issues?

From my experience so far, if a well known good brand of aeg is clean and maintained correctly then they will all perform pretty much the same. 

What bb's are you using, and what FPS is it chrono'ing at? 

Have you cleaned the barrel? Tried applying a different amount of hop? Checked the hob rubber and nub condition? These three things, if found faulty will be effecting your range and accuracy. If the hob rubber and nub are damaged new ones will cost £20 tops.  Cleaning a barrel is free pretty much.

If you just want another M4 style AEG that will most likely shoot great out the box, then I'd say stick with G&G or spend a little more and go TM. 

45 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

what weight bb's are you using?

24 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Ok, so what is your current range roughly? Are all of your shots going of in wild directions or do most go straight and the odd one flies to the side?

When you say lacks consistency, do you mean the range fluctuates or the accuracy fluctuates. Or does the aeg have feeding/firing issues?

From my experience so far, if a well known good brand of aeg is clean and maintained correctly then they will all perform pretty much the same. 

What bb's are you using, and what FPS is it chrono'ing at? 

Have you cleaned the barrel? Tried applying a different amount of hop? Checked the hob rubber and nub condition? These three things, if found faulty will be effecting your range and accuracy. If the hob rubber and nub are damaged new ones will cost £20 tops.  Cleaning a barrel is free pretty much.

Maybe 50-70ft, when I am at a target 2/3 of 10 hit. Accuracy! .25s and between 300-335. Clean my barrel after every use and before! Yeah played around with the hop current got the "sweet" spot recently changed bucking and nub, I've tried out different buckings (TM stock and mb red)

My first gun was a cm 16 r8-l, then I bought the SRXL (from g&g) because I found it was the next level up in my small arsenal. Plus I couldn't ask santa for a £400/500 gun... But I love it

Speaking of guarder clear bucking... I bought one today as the shop I went into had run out of purple prommy job bucking and the guy said he much prefers the guarder ones. And it was only £5.99 @Jez_Armstrong so hopefully now my gun will actually out range my pistol cos it has the nubby thing in. Lol

Edit: go to a shop and see what you find comfortable. I nearly bought a Glock before I put my hands on one and thought it felt uncomfortable in my hands.. ask around at your next skirmish if something looks nice, ask what it is.

Or if you meet @Prisce just ask to see his collection, he basically has a small arsenal Sweden would be proud of

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I've typed Tokyo Marui M4 non recoil into Google, and all I get is TM recoil guns.

Google isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Do they still make M4s without recoil?

The high cycle is good but plastic, the original basic tm AR-15s aren't worth buying these days, not good value for money

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Or if you meet @Prisce just ask to see his collection, he basically has a small arsenal Sweden would be proud of

He wasn’t wrong you know, now it could probably just arm Vatican City....

You still up for AP this Sunday @Robert James, apparently they have had some new buildings go up so it should be a bit more CQB, my guys have let me down, so I’ll probably be flying solo.

Are both your Pews working now? Or do you need me to bring a few extras😏

Just now, Prisce said:

He wasn’t wrong you know, now it could probably just arm Vatican City....

You still up for AP this Sunday @Robert James, apparently they have had some new buildings go up so it should be a bit more CQB, my guys have let me down, so I’ll probably be flying solo.

Are both your Pews working now? Or do you need me to bring a few extras😏

Yes mate we are coming. I put the clear guarder in so mine should be ok plus the new motor...

The other one... Hopefully should be ok.... Hopefully.

See you there? 

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Robert James said:

Yes mate we are coming. I put the clear guarder in so mine should be ok plus the new motor...

The other one... Hopefully should be ok.... Hopefully.

See you there? 

Yes mate, I’ll see you there!

Archived