Tears of the sun inspired loadout

ghostwalker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, ghostwalker said:

I was hunting for them before i got the stuff off flecktarn. Couldn't find any in my size or in some cases they looked completely different patterns of Woodland camo. Will keep my eyes open though.

If the colours were off there a good chance it’s somthing like Serbian or Croatian kit , loads of the old Eastern Europe countries use or did use US woodland but in slightly different colours to the US kit . 👍

Happy dance. Genuine Blackhawk drop leg holster with belt. £8.50 plus postage. Just won it on e-bay.

Now i just need the pistol mag pouches, comms, boots, Kac railed m4 and a mk23.

So update time. 

Blackhawk holster arrived. Also managed to snag a cheap second hand knife/scabbard. A black base layer and cheap carabiner. 

Much fiddling later and I still need to tape up all the loose straps and zip tie the knife down securely. But it’s coming along.

Just comms, pistol pouches, weapons and some black boots and gloves to go. That’s gonna be the long slog side. Thinking cheap clone throat mic headset and radio. Asg mk23 with all the snazzy upgrades and maybe a gen2 bolt recoil or a kwa erg 3 or tm m4 for a main. Would love the mws. But don’t think it would work with the limited mag Carry space on the loadout (4 mags). 

Any how pics (I will tape up all the loose straps I promise. My ocd with webbing guarantees that)

Edit. Arrrgh ignore the not so tacticool socks couldn’t be bothered lacing up my brown haix boots for the pics. Cue much ribbing no doubt. 

22C311F6-A380-453C-BA42-F7012330598C.jpeg

AF2E2CA0-056D-41E8-B8DC-2103BB4A9A6C.jpeg

Edited by ghostwalker

• Supporters

Defo a good solid base to your project ! 👍

Has great fun running about in this at the asg blaster tour event yesterday. With a camouflaged boonie hat and cam painted face, I was able to sneak about and get plenty of ambush kills and could have probably snagged a pair of knife kills if it hadn’t been for the knowledge one of the players almost certainly wouldn’t have taken it. 

Cant wait to get a mk23 now. For the added silent chaos. Thinking asg mk23 with the usual upgrades and swapping out the standard suppressor for the silverback suppressor. Unless of course the tm mk23 is that much better (twice the price). 

Even though my ics cxp ape was obviously and ‘incorrect’ weapon for the impression, it really did me proud and didn’t miss a beat all day.

anyways. On with the pics. 

7D9F364D-8A24-417B-8E46-E083D4B83B67.jpeg

DD7EAB7E-BCD0-43DD-9222-130B99FB0894.jpeg

8C7F461E-A304-4EC5-B861-14BD144F8290.jpeg

B632922D-5B01-422A-B64B-33D93DFA3142.jpeg

6AD962A0-401C-4304-91FE-6019D25E9FB3.jpeg

8B165569-1718-4A25-A6F6-F47E3D4B8E80.jpeg

• Supporters
4 hours ago, ghostwalker said:

Cant wait to get a mk23 now. For the added silent chaos. Thinking asg mk23 with the usual upgrades and swapping out the standard suppressor for the silverback suppressor. Unless of course the tm mk23 is that much better (twice the price).

ASG with the mods, speak to our very own @Samurai about his Mk23 supressor, it’s shorter and works a lot better (for less money) than any of the big branded ones.

If your upgrading I would stick with the ASG, get all the right mods(plenty of threads with this info in) get Samurais supressor and out range guns that are 3 times the price!

• 2 weeks later...

So i picked up a srs silverback mk23 supressor for the asg mk23 i will be buying in a month or so  (the supressor seems to go out of stock lots). not strictly cannon but it should help keep the asg quieter!. One thing of note though. Neither the srs supressor or the Soundhog one i have on my ICS Ape will fit in the Blackhawk holster without a major fight and make drawing the pistol difficult. Fortunately both will fit in the cheap drop leg holster i have.

On a side. How the hell do people run a mk23 in a drop leg. I attached my soundhog supressor to my ics ble xae for giggles and because it appears about the right length. The end of the barrel was below my knee! What on earth!

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the necro post, but there is a new Blackhawk! Omega Mk23 holster on eBay.co.uk ATM.

• 3 years later...

Sorry for necroing my own post.

But with the success of reviving my asg mk23 and with also being bored witless of running about in mtp/multicam. The time has come to start reviving this loadout.

Some small updates. I ordered some kydex inserts for my sdouble pistol mag pouch to give it the retention like talonflex (talon flex seemed fairly difficult to find.

For airsoft purposes running the mk23 sith the supressor removed seemed fairly pointless as it takes a while to draw the pistol, screw the supressor on etc. So a temporary trade off to run a belt mounted dtd holster has been made. I might reverse that decision for a more genuine look. I dont really know yet.

I am also running an additional alice mag pouch on the left. It gives me room to run 6 magazines and also to use the right sided pouch to hold a bfg, reloads and resetting tool.

As mentioned elsewhere im now in the process of saving up for a post london marathon treat of a new rif. So it seems inspiration and timing are coming together and settling my mind to try and build Walters Gun from the film, minus the reversed optics!

But i'm not gun nut or in truth literate with all the gear etc.

So can anyone tell me is there a decent rif that comes with

M4a1 with older style Car 15 stock and Knights armaments RAS rail.

A few other thoughts regarding the dbal. Most sites I play at are a bit funny about using lasers etc which i understand. Is there a decent dbal replica that swaps the laser for a decent light function?

Again sorry for necroing my own post but i figure its far better than a spanking new thread.

1 hour ago, ghostwalker said:

*SNIP*

I'm well out of the loop these days but I have the G&P M4 RAS 6 position which hasn't skipped a beat for me in 10 years: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-m4-ras-6-position-airsoft-gun-aeg

I think you could in theory just stick a CAR-15 style stock on the existing stock tube as a 'bodge' (On my TM MWS when doing this, the stock tube extended out the back of the stock slightly when fully collapsed).

If you wanted to you could try and get your hands on the G&P stock tube and stock: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-m4a1-5-position-sliding-buttstock-black which is annoying 5 position (M4a1's are supposed to be 4 position I believe, whereas modern M4's are 6 position).

There is a G&P M4a1 version with the correct stock but no RAS ( https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-m4a1-4-position-tube-aeg-airsoft-rifle ) so you would have to source a RAS kit for it.

All of these links are out of stock so it just depends what you can get your hands on / works out cheapest. Firesupport might be able to special order them in, and Zerone might be able to too. I know zeroone sometime gets a bad rap but there special ordered in my G&P for me and everything went well.

I can't speak to the quality (or even if this is the right style of DBAL) but this one has an LED torch and I imagine you can turn the laser off. https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/dbal-a2-pointer-replica-td118?search=dbal

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ghostwalker said:

Sorry for necroing my own post.

But with the success of reviving my asg mk23 and with also being bored witless of running about in mtp/multicam. The time has come to start reviving this loadout.

Some small updates. I ordered some kydex inserts for my sdouble pistol mag pouch to give it the retention like talonflex (talon flex seemed fairly difficult to find.

For airsoft purposes running the mk23 sith the supressor removed seemed fairly pointless as it takes a while to draw the pistol, screw the supressor on etc. So a temporary trade off to run a belt mounted dtd holster has been made. I might reverse that decision for a more genuine look. I dont really know yet.

I am also running an additional alice mag pouch on the left. It gives me room to run 6 magazines and also to use the right sided pouch to hold a bfg, reloads and resetting tool.

As mentioned elsewhere im now in the process of saving up for a post london marathon treat of a new rif. So it seems inspiration and timing are coming together and settling my mind to try and build Walters Gun from the film, minus the reversed optics!

But i'm not gun nut or in truth literate with all the gear etc.

So can anyone tell me is there a decent rif that comes with

M4a1 with older style Car 15 stock and Knights armaments RAS rail.

A few other thoughts regarding the dbal. Most sites I play at are a bit funny about using lasers etc which i understand. Is there a decent dbal replica that swaps the laser for a decent light function?

Again sorry for necroing my own post but i figure its far better than a spanking new thread.

Gun nerd shit: https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Tears_of_the_Sun#M4A1

Spectacularly detailed guide to the loadouts in the film: https://mundoairsofter.com/en/kit-list-tears-of-the-sun/

1 minute ago, Lozart said:

Gun nerd shit: https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Tears_of_the_Sun#M4A1

Spectacularly detailed guide to the loadouts in the film: https://mundoairsofter.com/en/kit-list-tears-of-the-sun/

The mundoairsofter page is the guide I have been going off of for bits of kit. Trying where best to get the original items and where its not so easy trying to find either good alternatives or if needs be something to work more for play style. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, ghostwalker said:

The mundoairsofter page is the guide I have been going off of for bits of kit. Trying where best to get the original items and where its not so easy trying to find either good alternatives or if needs be something to work more for play style. 

The Blackhawk SF gear is like golden rocking horse poo! What I have worked out though is that if you get a plain green LBV88 from AliExpress and take the shoulder yoke off it you should be able to knock together a reasonable facsimile! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32839093386.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.2545lP4ZlP4ZJw&gps-id=pcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.33416.274820.0&scm_id=1007.33416.274820.0&scm-url=1007.33416.274820.0&pvid=d514ce5d-bdcd-4502-b7c6-df977682fc5c&_t=gps-id:pcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller,scm-url:1007.33416.274820.0,pvid:d514ce5d-bdcd-4502-b7c6-df977682fc5c,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238108%231977&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"65191492064"%2C"sceneId"%3A"23416"}&pdp_npi=3%40dis!GBP!22.37!22.37!!!!!%40211b442016788065729262741e7685!65191492064!rec!UK!759559025

31 minutes ago, Lozart said:

For the most part I have the gear squared away to a 'satisfactory' level.

Don't really know what I will do regarding the holster as a mk23 is easier to draw from a dtd one especially with a suppressor attached. Also have to decided where to stick with the silver back suppressor or original Socom one.

The main things to sort out are is the rif. The pics give a rough idea of where its at but i do also need to get some black boots at some point.22C311F6-A380-453C-BA42-F7012330598C.thumb.jpeg.0a0195a7808dcfa0a9ce15a9786e8ad0.jpeg6AD962A0-401C-4304-91FE-6019D25E9FB3.thumb.jpeg.5c61c6ba3d484fa4015fa6b9475ac932.jpeg8B165569-1718-4A25-A6F6-F47E3D4B8E80.thumb.jpeg.c7b94632ac2ea26fe9751568a655e833.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.