Tokyo Marui scar H woes

Livin_13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all I think I have decided on buying a tokyo marui Scar H, but I have a question first mainly about the stock since that is where people talk the most trash about this gun :

Is the stock bad quality or what? Will it snap on itself? And lastly does the stock wobble/creak?

Do you trust this stock yourself? 

Thanks. 

It’s not so much the stock as the stock latch button. Loads of companies do aftermarket buttons. A stiffer spring behind them makes all the difference too. 

Having fired one, I doubt you would ever feel outranged

Don't slam the stock into the fixed position and you will be fine. Just press the button (as you would when you are folding it) and put the stock back into place. Should be no issues that way.

If it does break, at least you can use the stock as a boot.

81H5bNAcHfL._UY500_.jpg

• Supporters

Put it this way mate all the time the TM Scar’s have been out I’ve never heard of one breaking without some exterior input , wether it’s accidental trauma or a cockwomble who’s carrying it trying to use it like a ‘real operator’ would ! 😉

It would provide a stiffer lockup, but TM’s externals are ABS, not nylon fibre. If you’re an animal with it, you’ll eventually fuck it. 

• Supporters

I have the TM Scar L, lovely gun, the gun does creak a little, it gets battered and bruised with my play style and it hasn’t broken or got any damage. 

Would highly recommend as its different to the sea of M4s out there.

9 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I have the TM Scar L, lovely gun, the gun does creak a little, it gets battered and bruised with my play style and it hasn’t broken or got any damage. 

Would highly recommend as its different to the sea of M4s out there.

I feel like people who actually own them say there fine and others maybe say stuff that is not true and they have "heard"

• Supporters

Well in all honesty, it fires identical to all the TM NGRS series, it’s just the externals and looks that are different. If your looking to be different, you can’t go far wrong with one;)

Compared to a WE Scar it feels like a toy, but it’s reliable and it shoots well. For reference I have owned both. My NGRS scar needed a new button and spring because when you used to shoulder it, it used to snap open and fold. The WE Scar H gbbr I could have clubbed you to death with it and it would have held fine. Spring is MUCH stiffer and the notches on the button are better

• Supporters

The 416 is something I can’t help you with, haven’t felt or played with one. Although apparently the RIF I’m building looks like one.

The WE is made of nylon fiber as supposed to ABS. It was far superior externally to the TM. Perhaps they were talking about an old WE Scar AEG? I owned the WE for a year and the TM for 5 months. 

The 416 is very nice. The plastic is still ABS, but there’s far less of it than on the scar which is pretty much 50/50

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Livin_13 said:

How would a "real operator" use there guns lol? Ive seen videos and they seem to take somewhat care of the scars since they are sort of weak as well. 

Smashing in to rooms , charging through the undergrowth and diving around like there in a John Woo film !

i had my scar L for a good 4yrs and never had any problems with it , only reason I got rid of it was to help finance my 416D ! 

It seems that the M4s and 416s have problems with the stock wobbling, rails wobbling, buffer tubes wobbling all that BS with the castle nut. Think the Scar H would be the best choice as it is almost like 2 solid pieces, and simple to take apart etc. 

On 6/10/2018 at 7:27 PM, Livin_13 said:

It seems that the M4s and 416s have problems with the stock wobbling, rails wobbling, buffer tubes wobbling all that BS with the castle nut. Think the Scar H would be the best choice as it is almost like 2 solid pieces, and simple to take apart etc. 

If it helps, I own a TM Scar H,  TM Scar L and a TM 416. All have been used for 3+ years plus a 1 year hiatus from airsoft. All still work well, all externals are still in near perfect condition except for the Scar L stock button, which I replaced when I dropped the gun in the middle of a firefight and the buttons lip snapped off. 

If you want my opinion:

Best for manouverability in CQB: 416, closely followed by the Scar L in cqb config.

Best looks: Scar H, especially with optics and peq box etc

Most comfy after a full day: 416

Weakest stock: Scars, but it's marginal. 416 stock is solid.

If you are sensible, you will be fine. If you are slightly careless, you will be fine. If you are repeatedly hitting someone across the back with the rifle stock then you will probably break it as well as face assault charges! 

52 minutes ago, THE FNG said:

If it helps, I own a TM Scar H,  TM Scar L and a TM 416. All have been used for 3+ years plus a 1 year hiatus from airsoft. All still work well, all externals are still in near perfect condition except for the Scar L stock button, which I replaced when I dropped the gun in the middle of a firefight and the buttons lip snapped off. 

If you want my opinion:

Best for manouverability in CQB: 416, closely followed by the Scar L in cqb config.

Best looks: Scar H, especially with optics and peq box etc

Most comfy after a full day: 416

Weakest stock: Scars, but it's marginal. 416 stock is solid.

If you are sensible, you will be fine. If you are slightly careless, you will be fine. If you are repeatedly hitting someone across the back with the rifle stock then you will probably break it as well as face assault charges! 

Did you get the lay lax stock button? 

I hear it works wonders and makes it solid as a rock. 

I am going to purchase it right away and install it. Then bang. My scar will be (somewhat) drop proof. Just as drop proof as a lower snapping m4/416 receiver. 

21 minutes ago, Livin_13 said:

Did you get the lay lax stock button? 

I hear it works wonders and makes it solid as a rock. 

I am going to purchase it right away and install it. Then bang. My scar will be (somewhat) drop proof. Just as drop proof as a lower snapping m4/416 receiver. 

I did yes, 30 second Installation and it's good to go.

1 hour ago, Livin_13 said:

And it does wonders or what? 

Also what do you mean exactly by this : "Weakest stock: Scars, but it's marginal. 416 stock is solid."

It does the job well.

Out of the 3 guns, the 2 Scars have a slightly weaker stock with very slight creak, but still solid. The 416 stock just feels like any normal AR stock, no wobble or creak.

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

Sorry to revive and old thread, @THE FNG does the laylax button provide a 'tighter' lock up? the scar stock with the standard button is somewhat creaky :P

Thanks

It does to be fair. I personally didn't notice much of the creak before I installed the Laylax button and the only reason I did the upgrade was because I dropped my scar-l mid game. Once installed however, I have noticed a slightly tighter feel to it.

Archived