Which Rif would you never part with / do you most regret parting with?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Thanks!

you can get straight mags for the MP5 but they have a more modern look to them like the UMP rather than the waffle ones we really want

28424402_10155091740746793_5987005185592467084_o.jpg

Credit where it’s due mate , always been a great believer if praise has be EARNED then credit will be given .

well that’s rather fugly to say the least , Looks like an emaciated P90 mag ! 😳 

6 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

I order at least 2 a month for conversions , the smell inside the box is just magical

16422488_10154094746791793_7275798796104509632_o.jpg

i can imagine the smell , i just fitted a real SVD wood set to my WE svd , and the smell is amazing , kinda like its been soaked in gun oil? , just hope it doesnt wear off lol

6 hours ago, Druid799 said:

AND now I’ve full on pissed my self ! 🤣

being a grumpy old git who carried a wood furniture SLR for a while they just look absolutely beautiful to me , and L3 you are most definitely correct the wood MP5 is just the dogs dangling things ! Only thing that would make it look better would be straight mags , but there like hens teeth ! 

Joking aside mate you do put together some amazing looking H&K’s .

Apologies if you just changed your pants but...

Screenshot_20180611-174335_Facebook.jpg

All these pics of real wood furniture has got me all flustered! 🤪🤪🤪

Now I need it, as if my LCT AK weren't heavy enough!

These pics of real wood m14 and mp5's are X-rated🔞

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the f2000 for me, first gun and i'll always love it. atm i'm on a policy of not selling guns, because it's a lost economy.

I’ve never really gone in for the whole “gotta sell a gun to get a new gun” (unless I really have too , as in no spare cash so gotta sell the kit to be ABLE to by the new one ! 😂) as I’m of the opinion you’ll never get a true value selling price unless A you’ve got something rare or B you know of someone who desperately wants a type Z gun and you have one you could sell .

3 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Apologies if you just changed your pants but...

Screenshot_20180611-174335_Facebook.jpg

In a word , splurge !

If they do come on the market then I’ll be all over them like a tramp on a dropped Kebab on a Friday night ! 

4 hours ago, Careless said:

i can imagine the smell , i just fitted a real SVD wood set to my WE svd , and the smell is amazing , kinda like its been soaked in gun oil? , just hope it doesnt wear off lol

What do you think of the WE SVD?

42 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I beg of you don’t.. the mag well tolerance is terrible so the firing pin doesn’t align with the valve on the mag properly. One shot 400 FPS, next shot 300fps, next shot 370fps... it call be shimmed and fettled if you know what your doing, but out of the box it’s dire. Shame because it kicks like a mule. 

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

i brought the "collectors edition" which for some reason hasnt had much advertisment and seems hard/rare to find, it has a steel machined reciever unlike the other models which are ally ,  shooting it sounds and feels amazing! the best gbbr feeling i think there is! , has a really nice kick which is actually off putting  when watching/tracking your bb's  down the scope ,  the wood furniture imo is terrible ,in the sense that its not ply wood and has a wierd venier like finish which is too perfect!  more suited to cabinets and coffee tables , might aswell be plastic if im honest , the good thing is WE actually did a really good job in copying the gun itself , the front hand gaurd is a direct swap for the real one! the real stock takes a little wood working to fit and even the main stock bolt hole lines up , also a cool little feature is the gas tube/rod actually protrudes into the bolt carrier by 5mm or so , when the bolt travels forward it hits the gas rod and operates the gas piston at the front , pretty cool little detail but if you have seen any videos of it shooting , you can hear a tinny echo noise at the end of the shots , that is the bolt carrier hitting that rod and echoing through the bolt carrier , cut off that part of the rod so it doesnt make contact removes that noise which makes it sound even better!!, iv also got the real pso-1 scope which has the I.R detect lense, pretty sweet looking down it knowing its the real deal!! and also has the serial number of the gun it used to be on engraved on the mount and the real stock also has a serial number too , iv given the gun the worn look and with scope fitted it looks like a real svd!! or the very least deactivated , literaly the best looking airsoft gun iv ever had and probably will ever have,  only downside right now is the accuracy is bad , just waiting on maple leaf crazy jet barrel and maple leaf bucking which should sort it out , iv cleaned off any silicone contamination on the bucking/barrel and polished the barrel with no change , inner barrel is slightly bent , can see it when you roll it on a level surface which isnt good! , could also be silicone oil comming out of the mags when you shoot and contaminating the hop rubber as there new mags they probably have a load in there from the factory to keep the o-rings in good shape as the gun is brand new and has fired less then 200 shots so isnt bed in at all but im giving you the out the box opinion , once the accuracy issue is sorted then it will be an absolute beast! , jesus this is more of a review lol , ill get some pics up soon ...

49 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I beg of you don’t.. the mag well tolerance is terrible so the firing pin doesn’t align with the valve on the mag properly. One shot 400 FPS, next shot 300fps, next shot 370fps... it call be shimmed and fettled if you know what your doing, but out of the box it’s dire. Shame because it kicks like a mule. 

i cant speak for the ally bodied verisons but this isnt an issue on the steel bodied version {collectors edition}  , mag is tight with zero wobble ;)  ,one of the first things i checked as i heard about that issue..also got to bare in mind this gun has been out a few years now so that issue might have been sorted out by now altogether? ..

12 minutes ago, Careless said:

i brought the "collectors edition" which for some reason hasnt had much advertisment and seems hard/rare to find, it has a steel machined reciever unlike the other models which are ally ,  shooting it sounds and feels amazing! the best gbbr feeling i think there is! , has a really nice kick which is actually off putting  when watching/tracking your bb's  down the scope ,  the wood furniture imo is terrible ,in the sense that its not ply wood and has a wierd venier like finish which is too perfect!  more suited to cabinets and coffee tables , might aswell be plastic if im honest , the good thing is WE actually did a really good job in copying the gun itself , the front hand gaurd is a direct swap for the real one! the real stock takes a little wood working to fit and even the main stock bolt hole lines up , also a cool little feature is the gas tube/rod actually protrudes into the bolt carrier by 5mm or so , when the bolt travels forward it hits the gas rod and operates the gas piston at the front , pretty cool little detail but if you have seen any videos of it shooting , you can hear a tinny echo noise at the end of the shots , that is the bolt carrier hitting that rod and echoing through the bolt carrier , cut off that part of the rod so it doesnt make contact removes that noise which makes it sound even better!!, iv also got the real pso-1 scope which has the I.R detect lense, pretty sweet looking down it knowing its the real deal!! and also has the serial number of the gun it used to be on engraved on the mount and the real stock also has a serial number too , iv given the gun the worn look and with scope fitted it looks like a real svd!! or the very least deactivated , literaly the best looking airsoft gun iv ever had and probably will ever have,  only downside right now is the accuracy is bad , just waiting on maple leaf crazy jet barrel and maple leaf bucking which should sort it out , iv cleaned off any silicone contamination on the bucking/barrel and polished the barrel with no change , inner barrel is slightly bent , can see it when you roll it on a level surface which isnt good! , could also be silicone oil comming out of the mags when you shoot and contaminating the hop rubber as there new mags they probably have a load in there from the factory to keep the o-rings in good shape as the gun is brand and has fired less then 200 shots so isnt bed in at all but im giving you the out the box opinion , once the accuracy issue is sorted then it will be an absolute beast! , jesus this is more of a review lol , ill get some pics up soon ...

i cant speak for the ally bodied verisons but this isnt an issue on the steel bodied version {collectors edition}  , mag is tight with zero wobble ;)  ,one of the first things i checked as i heard about that issue..also got to bare in mind this gun has been out a few years now so that issue might have been sorted out by now altogether? ..

Yes please to lots of pics! 😄

Just now, sonofsammo said:

Yes please to lots of pics! 😄

ill take some this week , kinda thought i was going off topic but i highly doubt i would ever part with it so it fits rght in!! , as a bonus its also an amazng wall hanger lol

I've heard the steel one is much better. Its also twice the price though lol

My pair of Maruzen Scorpions. 

They were indestructible and huge performers. One has a long TB going through it and an SVD wood stock. God knows where in the UK that is now.

wouldnt sell this , unless someone was willing to pay alot more then what i paid for everything!

WE collectors edition ace vd..

Real svd wood furniture

Real russian pso-1 with I.R detector

Real sling and cheek pad

DSCF0697.thumb.JPG.13091643474f20a4d820bd052f931c71.JPGDSCF0701.thumb.JPG.5395a4bd8a755dca4cf2b0ae606d9474.JPGDSCF0700.thumb.JPG.5acb13848b8f67d5b8a7da28b69ad63c.JPG

DSCF0703.thumb.JPG.361659ddb0647d13f63a6040a8641047.JPG

One of my gun cases as it stands right now , Ghk g5 {sd6 lol} , ghk m4 , tm mk23 and A&k spring svd with a custom shortend front end  and of course WE ace vd ...

pso-1 fits like a glove on both a&k and WE svd ...

DSCF0706.thumb.JPG.25923626e9f15d53cfb0284ef11a496d.JPG

Always loved the SVD and consider it the AK's slightly more grown up, tactical cousin.

Love it👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I've only owned a few so nothing spectacular but I really miss my Firehawk. Especially more so when I see it every time I go Airsoft as I sold it to my friend. Bloody great fun that gun... 

Guns I wont be parting with.....

Tippmann, hpa vfc/badger hybrid, g&g pred ( its not a pred anymore apart from the receiver and some of  the internals ).

Gun I wish I never bought was a CAA M4. Just hated it lol.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Duff said:

I do love a bit of wood furniture and svd's are like the AK47's super hot cousin who's a bit too old for you so you have to catch some cheeky elbow boob.

You really are a sick twisted f**k ! 

My brother from another mother ! 😈

Archived