Which Rif would you never part with / do you most regret parting with?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It seems from peeps on here that some of you have a high turn over of rifs / large collection of rifs / need to always buy just one more (that's me!).....
And it got me thinking - 
What is the one rif you would never part with  / most regret parting with ?
AND
What is the one rif you wish you'd never bought / desperately want to get rid of?

• Supporters

Will never sell my TM recoil L119A build , the build is all cosmetic and the gatt is stock bar a deans and a spring change plus the gun itself is 9yr old but I just love it ! 

My big regret was selling my TM M14 , soon as it went I knew I’d made a massive mistake . Jump forward 5yrs (which was just over a yr ago) out of the blue had the chance to get it back and I did in less than a heart beat ! And since then I’ve put a real wood stock on it just to finish it off .👍

04CAF602-5B2E-4662-8943-D54878D6E665.jpeg

25569E2D-D4E0-4F5F-9EC7-F2B7A92E3858.jpeg

Gun I’d probably never sell would be my TM MWS. One because it’s the best gun I’ve ever used, and two because the money and time I’ve put into it makes its value to me more than someone else.

biggest regret... WE Scar H. To the point that I’m looking for another one. Best sounding, funnest gun I’ve ever used. 

Great thread 😀 The one I cant see me ever parting with is my JG MP5, purchased second hand off a chap who is a serious tech. Such a cheep gun has no right to be so good, it's crazy accurate and chronod consistently at 345 at last weeks game. Its also nice and light which is great on a steep woodland site when you are walking in from the bottom for the umpteenth time and are not as fit as you were 30 years ago !

• Supporters

ICS L85. I loved it so much I bought another again recently. 

• Supporters

TM MP7 GBB, best gun I ever owned, so accurate and so much range.  One shot headshots at 50m we’re totally achievable. 

Sold it to raise some cash to upgrade my night vision, don’t entirely regret it but if I had the opportunity to pick up another MP7 I’d take it! 

TM Breacher. 

Genuinely intimidated anyone nearby when they heard it rack, the 6 shot was awesome and it was just so damn fun to use. 

Want another! 

6 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Will never sell my TM recoil L119A build , the build is all cosmetic and the gatt is stock bar a deans and a spring change plus the gun itself is 9yr old but I just love it ! 

My big regret was selling my TM M14 , soon as it went I knew I’d made a massive mistake . Jump forward 5yrs (which was just over a yr ago) out of the blue had the chance to get it back and I did in less than a heart beat ! And since then I’ve put a real wood stock on it just to finish it off .👍

04CAF602-5B2E-4662-8943-D54878D6E665.jpeg

25569E2D-D4E0-4F5F-9EC7-F2B7A92E3858.jpeg

That M14 is simply the dogs testicles!!! That's stunning

Most regret selling. ICS L85a2 with all the bells and whistles. Cost a small fortune.

Rif i really wish i had. Any recoil build L119a1 or l119a2.

Pic is of my L85a2 after having somewhere close to a grand all in spent on it including the gun iteslf.

sa80.jpg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ibo7 said:

That M14 is simply the dogs testicles!!! That's stunning

Cheers bud 👍, I’m looking for either a brown G&P or a real heat shield at an affordable price to finish it off ! 😉 

Hmmm, don’t regret selling any of the many that have passed through my hands, but I picked up a gun today that I may never part with. A NOS KWA Vector

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Hmmm, don’t regret selling any of the many that have passed through my hands, but I picked up a gun today that I may never part with. A NOS KWA Vector

Now there’s a shocker ! Mr Rocket buying a Vector ! 😳

😂🤣

My FN Herstal A5M SPR

Ive had this for at least 4 years now, bought as a boneyard for £70 and upgraded 95% of it (The inner barrel costs almost twice as much as the gun!)

Ive had at least 130 rifles during the time of owning this gun and this is one i haven't sold

The range is silly, if you have seen me play with this rifle you know the numbers are well in the triples, its a rifle that just keeps working , even if every bolt and thread has been re-drilled for bigger threads

ive had a few £1000+ setups between this (£400 rilfe, £400 in mags, the best optics ect ect) and it doesn't give more satisfaction than when i use this

19055118_10154442767741793_5767073024308540666_o.jpg

• Supporters

Would never sell my M&Ps, I just love the damn things too much 

The TMs are great in every way and the WE is a nice looking paperweight. Don't think I could part with any of them and really want the new ported TM one.

20180603_183751.jpg

20180605_143912.jpg

The gun I most regret getting rid of? I'd have to say probably my old G&P M4 based dmr which I split and sold on/used parts in other things

My am009, only because it's been such a pain in the butt to make it work properly after the first "service" and because I find it sooooo comfy to hold for long periods of time and it is so accurate (for being a low/mid end aeg) I could use it as a dmr/sniper with a magnified optic on top.

No sale regret atm, I only sold 2 bolt actions and a jg g36, all three were in top notch conditions and sold them for way more than I paid them xD

Although i did regret selling my WE Scar H last year, but it did the rounds, 2 or 3 owners and it came back home to me the other week (albeit needing many repairs and a good fucking clean!) it did cost me one of my Classic army G3's but anyone that knows me knows i have a few of those spare 😀

Its staying in the collection this time, i just threw £120 at it getting it running right and i missed the recoil!

35051436_10155303910526793_6773514779886616576_n.jpg

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Although i did regret selling my WE Scar H last year, but it did the rounds, 2 or 3 owners and it came back home to me the other week (albeit needing many repairs and a good fucking clean!) it did cost me one of my Classic army G3's but anyone that knows me knows i have a few of those spare 😀

And truly gorgeous looking G3 they are and all , the wood kits just set those ones apart ! 

12 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

And truly gorgeous looking G3 they are and all , the wood kits just set those ones apart ! 

I order at least 2 a month for conversions , the smell inside the box is just magical

16422488_10154094746791793_7275798796104509632_o.jpg

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

I order at least 2 a month for conversions , the smell inside the box is just magical

16422488_10154094746791793_7275798796104509632_o.jpg

I just did a man wee ! 😍

3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I just did a man wee ! 😍

Then you'll like my little and large!

11008549_10152677323231793_4407387495221687522_n.jpg

8 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I know I've posted this before.. but a wooden Mp5 would make me very happy

aTtNWrP.jpg

Very easy to do

When you do a few a month it becomes an hours work :) mainly just shaving bits down with a dremmel and some strong glue

• Supporters

AND now I’ve full on pissed my self ! 🤣

being a grumpy old git who carried a wood furniture SLR for a while they just look absolutely beautiful to me , and L3 you are most definitely correct the wood MP5 is just the dogs dangling things ! Only thing that would make it look better would be straight mags , but there like hens teeth ! 

Joking aside mate you do put together some amazing looking H&K’s .

15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

AND now I’ve full on pissed my self ! 🤣

being a grumpy old git who carried a wood furniture SLR for a while they just look absolutely beautiful to me , and L3 you are most definitely correct the wood MP5 is just the dogs dangling things ! Only thing that would make it look better would be straight mags , but there like hens teeth ! 

Joking aside mate you do put together some amazing looking H&K’s .

Thanks!

you can get straight mags for the MP5 but they have a more modern look to them like the UMP rather than the waffle ones we really want

28424402_10155091740746793_5987005185592467084_o.jpg

Archived