Newcomer

Kayz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys so I'm totally new here looking to get into airsoft looks really fun have never been before I live in Sutton London so my best bet will proberly be Croydon been doing abit of research and trying to figure out were to buy some eye protection and face mask any recomemdations I want goggles that don't steam because I done paintballing a few times and steam kinda ruined the day lol and also with this ukara thing to get registered does it matter if the 3 games are played before 2 months is up thanks 

Been looking for ess v12 advancer but everywhere I look there sold out or to dear are they any good and Anyone know a good website ?

• Root Admin

Welcome.

eBay for the V12s as they're almost all unissued surplus from a while back. The supply might be running out by this point. Failing that actual surplus shops that have an online presence (Google is probably your friend here). V12s will fog up, but use some good antifog and remove the foam to alleviate this. There's a fair bit about this on the forums already - searching for 'v12' should show some relevant results.

Don't forget face protection too :)

While you're at it grab a few commas for future punctuation. 😉

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Kayz said:

also with this ukara thing to get registered does it matter if the 3 games are played before 2 months is up thanks 

Yes it does. You need to play at least three games, over at least 56 days.  You can't cram them all into a week then wait another 7 weeks and get your UKARA.  The idea is to show that you're both keen (3 games) and committed (2 months).

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

G

Lots of people still use them, used they go for about £30.

ESS and Bolle are good brands.

I usually use a paintball mask, better peripheral vision and no lost teeth 😁

My mask is made by Valken. Dye is one of the top brands, but much more expensive.

It's as much about what you prefer, your age, and what your budget is.  Full face pro is usually mandatory for under 18.

One pair of eyes, so whatever you choose make sure it is up to the job.

Cheers

G

I just want a pair that don't steam up, an protect the eyes, I'm 26 so I'm old enough, I will be getting face protection to as I like my teeth lol, any suggestions on face masks thanks

Give v12’s a good wipe with the supplied cloth and remove all the foam over the vents and you’re good. 

For lower mask, can’t go wrong with a onetigris half mask, about £15 on amazon 

I tried various masks, but found the paint ball mask worked best for me.  It does not fog since I drilled extra hols under the eyes and I use Revision wipes.

Also I'm at the point where glasses are an improvement, but not yet absolutely necessary,  So I can wear the glasses under the mask.

I found the mesh lower masks unconfortable, some don't cover the ears. 

Cheers

G

• Supporters
7 hours ago, E21A said:

For lower mask, can’t go wrong with a onetigris half mask, about £15 on amazon 

+1 to that.  Aside, a chumrade just accidentally ordered the "teen / wamen" sized version, and do you know, if you don't have Ron Perlman Face, I reckon it's actually better. It doesn't extend down as far beyond the chin, so you can actually tip your head down without bumping your mask on your chest.  I've been thinking of lopping a bit off the bottom off of my OneTigris knock-off for a while, and it's inspired me to actually get on and do it.

• Moderators

Just remember with how you treat the V12s, I removed foam and use fogtech wipes, others are fine with just the supplied cloth yet some don’t need anything. Everyone is different but make sure the foam goes as it’s not needed for Airsoft! :)

and have fun!!

Hi! I'm relatively new myself. If you are going to be turning up to Croydon which I'm assuming tactical airsoft in feather bed lane I'll be there this Sat with a mate. Feel free to drop me a message if you booked yourself in and want to link up at site.

7 minutes ago, HKRiceBucket said:

Hi! I'm relatively new myself. If you are going to be turning up to Croydon which I'm assuming tactical airsoft in feather bed lane I'll be there this Sat with a mate. Feel free to drop me a message if you booked yourself in and want to link up at site.

You doing back to back days? Lol 

3 minutes ago, E21A said:

You doing back to back days? Lol 

Yeah. Faygate too far for my mate. So I'm doing both mornings in Tactical and Dogtag. Sleep is for the weak! Lol. God I'm going to feel so tired this weekend 😂

3 minutes ago, E21A said:

Hardcore dude! I’ll be up for tactical some time, they run Saturdays don’t they? 

Yeah tactical only does Saturday's as far as I recall. Will let you know how the place goes.

12 minutes ago, Kayz said:

Anyone know if there is a site in Kingston  an old prison  but can't find it thanks

There's Warzone Paintball & Airsoft located near Kingston.

The prison is an historic building in Portsmouth mate, it's called "HM Prison Kingston" but unfortunately it does not host airsoft.

UCAP based in Waterlooville have a prison style building on site.

https://m.facebook.com/UCAP-Airsoft-300904156666476/?locale2=en_GB

Archived