Self clinging camo tape.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought a roll of this for £6 from Tactical Airsoft. No brand name like Helikon, etc. but they all seems to be about the same price.

https://www.tacticalairsoftshop.co.uk/stealth-tape-59-c.asp

I was expecting it to feel dry but it is quite tacky to the touch. Are they all like this? Is it really true that they leave no sticky residue when removed?

I’ve got some camo form that looks same material visually as that and clings to itself. Isn’t sticky to touch though, can’t feel any stickiness by touching with hand but sticks to its self no issues 

• Supporters

I recently got a gun out of the cupboard that hadn’t been used for probably near 3yrs with the thought to sell it on ,

It had camo tape on it (it had been on for a good 18mths before getting put away) so the tape had to have been on for over 4 1/2yrs .

the tape had lost all its elasticity and there was a horrible sticky gunk all over the gun that was very similar to when you’ve had old sticky tape on something for ages and I still haven’t got it all off .So it would appear it does eventually separate if left on for prolonged periods of time as to how long ? Who knows , all I’d say is check the tape regularly just to be safe .

Sweet Jesus you’ve been diddled mate!

I got mine from amazon for a fraction of that price (39p) over a year ago, it still works, if not a bit faded now, no sticky residue, although it has come off and gone on maybe 3 or 4 times in that period when I’ve disassembled the gun to tinker.

Look for ‘vet wrap’ or ‘cohesive bandage’.  Camoform and it’s clones suffer from tactical pricing and a smaller market.  Vet wrap tends to come in wider strips

Vet wrap pricing benefits from a wider market in horses and other animals, plus has a wide range of colours, patterns and colour schemes.  Horsey girls like their horses to look pretty

It can also become free if you find the right friends

Look for it in country & equestrian shops or amazon etc

If left too long for extreme lengths of time on the roll or on the gun it can permanently absorb into itself or seperate its ‘tack’ from the material,  but I’ve never had an issue - the only problem having been the quantities I’ve soemtimes had for years so when I find an unsealed roll it could just be stuck to itself

Archived