Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

Newcomer to forum so apologies if this has been done umpteen times before - had a good search and couldn’t find exactly or anything contemporary. 

 

Used to to be involved 15 years ago or so and looking to get back into the hobby. 

 

However there are so many more makes available now so my question broadly is: 

Which manufacturer is the “best”? 

 

There were only Tokyo Mauri and Classic Army that were largely available and widely used in my experience and I know now there are even EBBs etc. 

 

I know it all depends on what you’re looking for so here’s the context for me - 

 

I’m not particularly on a budget but don’t want to spend silly money as I have a 1yr old and a pain in the arse ball and chain. Would want to pay approx £200 for AEG but would go up to £300. Then would like to add extras over time. 

 

I’m definitely wanting an M4 or variant as I never conformed to them when I was a kid but fancy one now mainly due to all the kit can get for them and how it looks with the gear I’m thinking of purchasing. 

 

Would prefer the longer barrel but not the mega long barrel and I don’t like shortys. 

 

Mainly goinging to be woodland skirmishing but will do some CQB but would prefer a folding stock but also don’t want mini batteries - happy with standard size. 

 

Definitely want a RIS rail or option to be able to put one on as I fancy dicking around with grips, flashlights, lasers and a grenade launcher (I know they aren’t great but just have a fondness). 

 

Finally ill want eventually to be to be able to attach a suppressor and tracer unit. 

 

I’ve seen one or two that pretty much fit the bill but for instance I don’t know which makes would be better - TM, G&G, ICS etc? 

 

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. 

 

Regards 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back to the game dude.... I only started a year ago, but fell in love with the game and my first weapon was a Nuprol Delta SOPMOD (M4A1) £214 from JDAirsoft at the time.  Reason I got it was I love the M4A1 look and I wanted to kit it out with some toys, so got a  launcher for CQB and also a Acetech Predator Tracer suppressor.  For a budget of £300 you could get the gun, magazines & battery (2400Mah 7.4lipo)

 

Never had an issue with the gun and still runs great today and I can use it for both woodland & CQB.  Not modded it yet, other than switching to Deans connector and is currently my backup gun.  I'm running a ICS CXP CQB MTR as my primary and i'm starting to mod that though.  Nuprol of course offer other rifles in the DELTA range, the Mk18 looking one is quite tempting...but I really want a Tokyo Marui next as it's still THE gun to get...but I'm not an expert, not even a Pew Professional.  :)

 

G&G do a good range and are highly rated..but never tried one.

 

 

20171130_162712.jpg

20171206_123607.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The general consensus is, if you’re looking for an entry level gun get a G&G CM16 of some sort, better than anything else at entry level money.

 

if spending a little more then G&G, specna and ICS to name a few. Look for something you like then do lots of research. 

 

Ive only ever seen 1 or 2 positive reviews of Nuprol against a sea of negatives 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either a G&G CM18 (Looks loads better than the CM16) or a Specna Arms SA-A** or SA-B**.

 

You'll find they'll do you proud for long enough until you want to go to the next tier up :)

 

Here's the CM18 btw.. much better looking than the raider:

 

DTE9NjU.jpg

 

Then, the same gun with different furniture on:

TXoM9p7.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E21A said:

The general consensus is, if you’re looking for an entry level gun get a G&G CM16 of some sort, better than anything else at entry level money.

 

if spending a little more then G&G, specna and ICS to name a few. Look for something you like then do lots of research. 

 

Ive only ever seen 1 or 2 positive reviews of Nuprol a giants a sea of negatives 

 

Thanks for you reply, 

 

 

So what makes Specna and ICS better than G&G? Build quality? Higher RoF? 

 

Thanks and regards

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Either a G&G CM18 (Looks loads better than the CM16) or a Specna Arms SA-A** or SA-B**.

 

You'll find they'll do you proud for long enough until you want to go to the next tier up :)

 

Here's the CM18 btw.. much better looking than the raider:

 

DTE9NjU.jpg

 

Then, the same gun with different furniture on:

TXoM9p7.jpg

 

 

Thanks for reply and advice. 

 

Very nice! Exactly actually what I’m looking for. 

 

Those the G&G CM18? 

Does the battery go in the stock and a standard size? What sort of FPS does it come as? 

 

Also does a slightly longer silencer fit? 

 

Many thanks and regards 

4 hours ago, Monkman said:

Welcome back to the game dude.... I only started a year ago, but fell in love with the game and my first weapon was a Nuprol Delta SOPMOD (M4A1) £214 from JDAirsoft at the time.  Reason I got it was I love the M4A1 look and I wanted to kit it out with some toys, so got a  launcher for CQB and also a Acetech Predator Tracer suppressor.  For a budget of £300 you could get the gun, magazines & battery (2400Mah 7.4lipo)

 

Never had an issue with the gun and still runs great today and I can use it for both woodland & CQB.  Not modded it yet, other than switching to Deans connector and is currently my backup gun.  I'm running a ICS CXP CQB MTR as my primary and i'm starting to mod that though.  Nuprol of course offer other rifles in the DELTA range, the Mk18 looking one is quite tempting...but I really want a Tokyo Marui next as it's still THE gun to get...but I'm not an expert, not even a Pew Professional.  :)

 

G&G do a good range and are highly rated..but never tried one.

 

 

20171130_162712.jpg

20171206_123607.jpg

Thanks for the reply and advice. 

 

 

Thats pretty much what I’m looking for!

 

interesting that below said one or two negative reviews - but obviously you’ve not had any problems. 

 

Whats the build quality like? Plastic or metal body? 

 

Also so what is it that TM has over it? 

 

Regards and thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nuprol do one plastic gun, but the rest are all metal... Yep, Nuprol has it's critics and a lot of their gear is of low quality..but the guns are good and liked by people I have spoken to who own them.  Of course there are lemons, but that can be said probably of all guns.  It is a £200 gun, so not as great as ICS etc...but as a starter gun it's got a decent spec and Nuprol do offer quite a few different models, all with the same internals.

 

TM's are legendary in the community and for sub 300fps guns, people say they still can reach out there...and when modded are even better, but the guns are expensive and mods too...but you get what you pay for!  I have a TM Pistol and the build quality is amazing and it shoots like a laser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Monkman said:

Nuprol do one plastic gun, but the rest are all metal... Yep, Nuprol has it's critics and a lot of their gear is of low quality..but the guns are good and liked by people I have spoken to who own them.  Of course there are lemons, but that can be said probably of all guns.  It is a £200 gun, so not as great as ICS etc...but as a starter gun it's got a decent spec and Nuprol do offer quite a few different models, all with the same internals.

 

TM's are legendary in the community and for sub 300fps guns, people say they still can reach out there...and when modded are even better, but the guns are expensive and mods too...but you get what you pay for!  I have a TM Pistol and the build quality is amazing and it shoots like a laser. 

 

So TM’s shoot at less than 300fps out of box? What do the G&G and the Nuprol shoot out of box? 

 

Just double checking - most woodland sites are up to 350fps? 

 

Thanks & regards 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jimbodini42 said:

 

So TM’s shoot at less than 300fps out of box? What do the G&G and the Nuprol shoot out of box? 

 

Just double checking - most woodland sites are up to 350fps? 

 

Thanks & regards 

 

Entirely dependant on the model, conditions, gas and how many freckles are on a unicorns buttcheeck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duff said:

 

Entirely dependant on the model, conditions, gas and how many freckles are on a unicorns buttcheeck.

 

Just refering to the most similar M4s - like the G&G CM18 - also just AEG not GBBs and as in on average. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimbodini42 said:

 

Just refering to the most similar M4s - like the G&G CM18 - also just AEG not GBBs and as in on average. 

 

 

 

You can Google those for their stock fps limits mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jimbodini42 said:

 

Just double checking - most woodland sites are up to 350fps? 

 

Most I have seen on full auto are 350, I think Reforger might go up to 360. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want the complete thing, I’d get a G&G CM18. If you don’t mind tinkering, you could do what I did and get a CYMA M4, then upgrade the internals. The CYMA has a brilliant full metal body built like a tank, but falls short performance wise on the inside, but it’s £150 so there’s lots of room there’s in your budget to build a real powerhouse, while getting away from the plastickyness you find with G&G entry guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duff said:

 

You can Google those for their stock fps limits mate.

 

 

I’m asking for answers from experience and to gauge general feelings towards the velocities owners tend to get from the AEGs - I buy condoms that say they will make me last longer in bed but doesn’t mean they do! 

29 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

If you want the complete thing, I’d get a G&G CM18. If you don’t mind tinkering, you could do what I did and get a CYMA M4, then upgrade the internals. The CYMA has a brilliant full metal body built like a tank, but falls short performance wise on the inside, but it’s £150 so there’s lots of room there’s in your budget to build a real powerhouse, while getting away from the plastickyness you find with G&G entry guns.

 

Thats not a bad idea - did you purchase and fit internals yourself or did you pay for it all done from a store offering smith services? 

 

Have you ever had issues where the intervals you’ve put in haven’t quite meshed together and had to reassemble a few times to get right? 

My experience of diy jobs or modding stuff has always been one job leads to ten others! 

 

Also intersting to find that a cheaper gun from another make can have better body work..! 

 

Thanks for input 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimbodini42 said:

 

 

I’m asking for answers from experience and to gauge general feelings towards the velocities owners tend to get from the AEGs - I buy condoms that say they will make me last longer in bed but doesn’t mean they do! 

 

Thats not a bad idea - did you purchase and fit internals yourself or did you pay for it all done from a store offering smith services? 

 

Have you ever had issues where the intervals you’ve put in haven’t quite meshed together and had to reassemble a few times to get right? 

My experience of diy jobs or modding stuff has always been one job leads to ten others! 

 

Also intersting to find that a cheaper gun from another make can have better body work..! 

 

Thanks for input 

 

The shop fitted the new barrel and spring before they shipped it out to me since they needed to take it apart for the free FPS downgrade anyway. I purchased a Guarder SP100 and a Prometheus tightbore barrel with the gun, low and behold when it arrived they’d conveniently fitted both for me. After that, I fitted a new hop chamber myself with no issues, everything externally has been milspec dimensions so I’ve mixed in some RS stuff like trigger guards, stocks and sights, the existing gas block was set to standard A2 config so a new gas block with a flip up sight was easy to install. And a RS tritium front sight post fitted that perfectly too which is brilliant for night games. So nothing untoward, the gearbox is fine for purpose and I haven’t had to do anything with that.

 

No long complications, mine is the CM.007. There’s is just a hint of wiggle between the handguard and the receiver, but I usually have my EOTech mounted across the two which ends up acting as a clamp as well and locks them solid together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tokyo Marui every day and twice on Sundays. 

 

Ignore FPS. Put it aside, leave it in the safe one and forget it is there, a bit like what you'll be doing with any non-TM POS entry gun 6 months from now. 

 

Right, now you have ignored the FPS, focus on THE most important aspect of trying to hit someone out there and that is the HOP and the range, and that is what TM has over the rest. That is the difference and that is why you should look no further than a TM. 

 

It is a TM world and all the other brands are just living in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 4:14 PM, Dentonboy said:

Tokyo Marui every day and twice on Sundays. 

 

Ignore FPS. Put it aside, leave it in the safe one and forget it is there, a bit like what you'll be doing with any non-TM POS entry gun 6 months from now. 

 

Right, now you have ignored the FPS, focus on THE most important aspect of trying to hit someone out there and that is the HOP and the range, and that is what TM has over the rest. That is the difference and that is why you should look no further than a TM. 

 

It is a TM world and all the other brands are just living in it. 

 

Can you not just buy a decent hop for any gun?

 

Besides when looking at CYMA for example why do they always suggest you buy their vfc clones and not the tm ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't ask me what makes TM magic, but that is why they call it magic... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Don't ask me what makes TM magic, but that is why they call it magic... 

 

The magic of sweat shop tears!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not in Japan my friend. All the magic TM pixie dust fairies are unionised and have stakeholdings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Not in Japan my friend. All the magic TM pixie dust fairies are unionised and have stakeholdings. 

 

Of course they have sweat shops in Japan, just that they are filled with Koreans! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't refer to our new Korean fairy pixie friends in a negative light. If Trump can, you can. All the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 4:14 PM, Dentonboy said:

Tokyo Marui every day and twice on Sundays. 

 

Ignore FPS. Put it aside, leave it in the safe one and forget it is there, a bit like what you'll be doing with any non-TM POS entry gun 6 months from now. 

 

Right, now you have ignored the FPS, focus on THE most important aspect of trying to hit someone out there and that is the HOP and the range, and that is what TM has over the rest. That is the difference and that is why you should look no further than a TM. 

 

It is a TM world and all the other brands are just living in it. 

 

You feel that strongly about TM? Also you’re not working for TM right!? ;) 

 

Have you owned other makes?

 

I really appreciate the input and it’s helping me come towards being able to make an informed decision. 

 

My TM MP5 is 15 years old and not been used for about 10 years, must have had half a million rounds through it, if not more and the rof was still half decent and the AEG itself worked fine despite it being in a damp garage all that time - so one thing I do know is that they are/were made well! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I own Star, KJW, G&P, Maruzen, WE... 

 

TM is the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

Yeah, I own Star, KJW, G&P, Maruzen, WE... 

 

TM is the best. 

I can reflect on this, been in the game for 13 years now and spent the best part of £40k on guns and gear

 

i have owned well in excess of 200+ rifles myself and worked on almost double that if not triple in my time as a tech from all brands and most likely owned or had my hands on the majority of guns that have been made

 

TM will always be king, they were the first to design many things we see today and other companies jumped on the band wagon and brought out clones, i believe their tolerances to be much tighter than other competitors because well, Japan

 

I too have a few old TM MP5's, in fact my primary is a TM SD6 (just with everything replaced)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the input guys - much appreciated! 

 

Got my hands on some different makes the other day but have to say my old TM MP5 still looked and felt good. 

 

Will have some thinking to do to do but I can now make a very informed decision. 

 

Regards and thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×