G&G GC16 ffr opinions

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anybody have any experience with this gun:

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=3388

It interests me because it has no mosfet or ETU, and I like basic uncomplicated things. Is it really just a CM 16 internally, or are there any improvements on the Combat Master? It is said to have a high torque 18,000 motor. Is that just the standard motor or a better one?

And if you could tell me how this gun compares to the GC16 SR CQB, or any other of the  GC16 series  which have both mosfet and ETU, but are OK with 9.6 batteries.

I've often heard that the basic and intermediate G&G M4s offer better value than the top techs. Are the GC16s just CM16s with metal receivers and rails or are there any internal upgrades?

Intenals are different on GC16s, different motor etc. 

From what ive been told by gun techs and research, no ETU/mosfet G&G is ok with 9.6. Need to use 11.1 Lipo 

• Supporters

£267 for that with a w@nky 18k motor = ferrite ???

THIS is why Krytac came along and kicked G&G's ar$e

By all means buy the same internals as a £120 carbine or £140 Raider 2.0 shoved in a metal receiver

But when buying a higher end G&G often you won't see where that extra cash went on some models

G&G make great starter guns, nowt wrong with their polymer receivers

but be careful you don't get swept along thinking I'll stick with the same but more expensive gun

Look out for a Krytac deal or a nice s/hand one - or put another £50 in your budget

You could look at VFC Avalon though to settle the argument Krytac Vs VFC

VFC didn't quite beat Krytac - if anything they managed to tie for the top spot imho

In any case Krytac upped the game and made all others manufacturers wake up a bit with their higher end guns

But f*ck buying a £267 G&G when Specna Arms and others are about

(not the plastic Specna Arms Core guns, G&G still have the edge, but meant their metal M4 Specna's)

I would love to buy a VFC or ICS Mars but I can't afford them.

As for Krytac, no thanks. I don't care how good the internals are. Their receivers need seriously reinforcing. Plus I don't really like the look of them.

I'm not arguing with you because I don't know enough about it, and you are probably right. I notice that G&G come in for a fair bit of bashing on both sides of the pond, and there must be a reason for this. On the other hand I don't think people are sufficiently critical of Krytac.

The point is that a Combat Machine Raider 2.0 costs about 140 quid or so. For 60 quid more I could get a GC16 with metal receiver in the sale. You can't get much for £60 these days. And whatever they are, G&G's externals at least are reckoned to be pretty good - better than ICS I'm told.

But this is all academic. I am in the process of selling off my last remaining airgun items and planning on getting a run of the mill M4 in the future.  I have been considering many makes, including Specna, and am just continuing to do my research.

Thanks for letting me know why you don't like the G&G higher end stuff. I couldn't afford it unless it were reduced anyway. I was more interested in the Intermediate range of guns. However, knowing the way I change my mind I may not even buy an M4 in the end.

But one thing I do know: I would never buy a Krytac.

Best bet is get yourself to a decent shop and speak to the techs and see what they say. They deal with all types of guns and have probably taken apart/used more guns than we’ve had hot dinners 

You see, if you are inexperienced, like me, it is a bit of a minefield. 

For every opinion I come across, I also come across the opposite one.

I have read so many negative reviews of high end guns that it appears everyone and his dog has a different opinion. And Avalons are £400+ guns - way out of my price range. The Americans swear by KWA, but people in the UK are not as impressed by them. 

Just about the only brand that people do agree on is Marui.

But I have even come across the odd critic of TM.😂

What I do know is that I am glad I bought my LCTs. Internally they are nothing to write home about, but I just love the feel and look of them. It's just a little difficult to go from LCT steel to CM16 plastic. But in the end I might just do that. The M4 is not my favourite platform but I would like to have one. I mean everybody should have an M4, whether they love it or not.😀

Archived