Sunday the 24 @ The Mall

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Central line > Ealing Broadway Paddington > Reading

Way easier and cheaper than by car and the Mall is a 2 minute walk from Reading station.

27 minutes ago, Duff said:

Central line > Ealing Broadway Paddington > Reading

Way easier and cheaper than by car and the Mall is a 2 minute walk from Reading station.

Do you know the total price of the train? (yeah, google could help me lol but it's so nice to annoy people lol)

4 minutes ago, Black_Ice931 said:

Am I wrong, or a while ago the price was around 24£? Just checked now and I saw 37£ :P

Yeah one of the reasons I don't really like doings Sunday anymore. Less people, more money. Thursday are still good fun though and cost £24

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Black_Ice931 said:

Am I wrong, or a while ago the price was around 24£? Just checked now and I saw 37£ :P

Yes buddy it has never been £24 for a Sunday. Thursdays are £23 and Sundays are £37.

Seems expensive when compared to some but a large town centre location and ten paid staff mean it has to be. Not a cheap site to run and maintain.

Lol yeah, but might be a problem for whom works the day after...

You won't arrive home before 1-2am by trains

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yes buddy it has never been £24 for a Sunday. Thursdays are £23 and Sundays are £37.

Seems expensive when compared to some but a large town centre location and ten paid staff mean it has to be. Not a cheap site to run and maintain.

Is it worth it?

4 minutes ago, Black_Ice931 said:

Yup. Getting there for 8 on a Sunday is a bitch by train too. The Mall is really good fun though and the staff are excellent.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Black_Ice931 said:

Is it worth it?

A guy I know reguarly does a similar journey and it is not that bad 2hrs tops getting into and through London. 

As for worth it yeah in general. It is a great place to explore and something totally different to anywhere else.

Like any site it has good and bad days but that is down to who walks through the door.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, E21A said:

Fuck a priest, that’s expensive! I want to go for the experience but don’t think it’ll be a regular trip at that money. 

As said above price of playing in a shopping mall in a town centre.

A field with a few bushes and trees is pretty cheap to run. 

It is good fun though, and well worth the experience. 

Hoping to get back asap, but got a lot on just now and I have a list of sites to try, Absolute, Reforger, The Billet (assuming it re-opens) etc.

Cheers

G

2 minutes ago, MisterG said:

It is good fun though, and well worth the experience. 

Hoping to get back asap, but got a lot on just now and I have a list of sites to try, Absolute, Reforger, The Billet (assuming it re-opens) etc.

Cheers

G

Are all of these near London?

Reforger is near Watford, Absolute is near Reading and I think the Billet is Aldershot area, but not sure as I haven't been yet

I've played at the Mall since I started this hobby. Great staff, huge layout, includes police cars and stuff as barricades/cover. The staff are as professional as any airsoft site gets.

Sunday's are worth it if you have a group going but for a casual solo pew Thursday is your best bet.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Duff said:

includes police cars and stuff as barricades/cover.

Where is the that?  Have not been in a while but never previously seen a car inside The Mall.

8 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Where is the that?  Have not been in a while but never previously seen a car inside The Mall.

There are a few. They chopped them in half, wheeled them in and then welded them back together. There's a few different locations but the only one I can recall right now is the police van in the C&A basement.

Best to ask @ImTriggerHappy as he practically lives there. I hear he sleeps in the ball pit upstairs.....

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Yeah the c&a basement has oil barrels, walls of old tyres and the zombie response van in it.

Makes it much more fun to play in.

I took some photos last time, hold on..

J8ltQRk.jpg

dkqEC84.jpg

qBH49va.jpg

HJh1ZTL.jpg

2F6pFEQ.jpg

@Black_Ice931 and @E21A - it's definitely worth it. Even if you only go once, it's worth it for the change of scenery. Nothing comes close to exploring the shops, or flanking the other team by going down the escalator, through the loading bay area in the basement,  navigating your way through the service corridors and coming up a pitch black staircase and taking them out from behind. :)

• Supporters

I'll be there on the 24th (for the first time in AAAAAAGES)

Archived