Recommendations for an m14

Paddy94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just wanting some advice on a gun I'm thinking of purchasing. I want to get a CYMA DMR M14 AEG rifle and was wondering what they are like before I purchase one. From what I've saw on YouTube and what I've briefly saw online they seem like good guns. I'll be using it for CQB sites only. Also what add ons would you recommend such as sights etc.

Thanks 

• Head Moderator

You may want to rethink your choices. CQB is generally close range shooting, which makes a DMR gun with a minimum engagement distance (MED) due to being 400 fps and locked to semi-auto fire less practical.  For CQB it is better to have a normal AEG that is allowed to shoot at any distance, and with an option for full auto (if the site allows it, which some do).

Hi

Choice of gun will also depend on the sites you want to play.  E.g. the Mall is all indoors, so shorter barrel guns are better for weaving around corners. 

So something like a Scorpion Evo, or a CBQ M4 variant or SMG.

A mixed environment, then you might choose something different.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

Agree with all of the above, M14/DMR/CQB is a deffo contradiction in terms, if your dead set on an m14, look at the cyma m14 socom, I own one & its a great bit of kit, its shorter BUT it is still as long as a full length m4 so not perfect for cqb, but heyho, needs must so to speak, only thing to watch for is they can sometimes be a bit "hot" straight out of the box.

length isnt really an issue if you learn how to move.  my 870 shotty is the same length as the tm m14 socom, and i have been running the shotgun indoors alot. 

the m14's do have a full auto mode on them, so they should be able to compete with high cap heros.  though i have never used mine on full auto in a game. as its not what the gun should do.

regardless, shorter is always easier in tight areas.  been very tempted to try a pistol only game or two, just need a couple more mags 

Thanks for all the advice! I currently have a g and g firehawk what is perfect for cqb, I used a shotgun for a bit and it wasn't really for me as I didn't fancy spending all the extra to increase the mag sizes and stop having to constantly pump it. I have a pistol as a side arm what is handy in close close combat. I have looked into a short barrel m14 what sounds like it may be suitable. Have you got any other suggestions at all? Thanks 

6 hours ago, Paddy94 said:

Thanks for all the advice! I currently have a g and g firehawk what is perfect for cqb, I used a shotgun for a bit and it wasn't really for me as I didn't fancy spending all the extra to increase the mag sizes and stop having to constantly pump it. I have a pistol as a side arm what is handy in close close combat. I have looked into a short barrel m14 what sounds like it may be suitable. Have you got any other suggestions at all? Thanks 

How does one "increase" mag size on a shotgun shell?

i find my 10 shots (each firing 3 bbs) quite adequate

• Supporters
On 6/9/2018 at 2:12 AM, Paddy94 said:

CYMA DMR M14 AEG

PatrolBase reckons that's full auto and only 288fps, which is doubly not a DMR.  The length and solid stock will make it a sod to use in very-CQB.  It's a peculiar choice for either purpose.

But the hearts wants what it wants.  If I were going for an M14 for CQB use, it would be the CYMA CM032A, probably from GunFire when they get them back in stock. They have the CM032F in stock, but that claims 375fps, at which point you're into MED shenanigans.

In relation to the shotgun, I know people can adapt m4 mags I think to increase the size of shotgun mags, and sadly the shotgun I brought was only 14 rounds what simply wasn't adequate. I couldn't find any place what stocked the mags I needed so I got rid of the gun in the end. But again really appreciate all the advice thank you.

I guess i just like the frantic reloading and running out of ammo during engagements.  Adds to the drama of pew pew.

Adding stanags to shotguns should considered sacrilege 

4 hours ago, M_P said:

For some shotguns you can buy an adapter to use stanag mags

If your shotgun takes mags it's not a shotgun. Unless it's a drum mag.

Rule of lore. Or something.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Duff said:

If your shotgun takes mags it's not a shotgun. Unless it's a drum mag.

Rule of lore. Or something.

Exactly ! Was running my KSG at Dragon Valley on Saturday and had a few come up to me with the old “you do realize you can get an M4 adapter for that so your not limited to the 30rd shells don’t you ? “ that’s the whole point ! It’s a shotgun it’s not an assault rifle ! if I wanted unlimited rounds I’d be running an AEG not a gas shotgun 🤦‍♂️!!!!

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

I guess i just like the frantic reloading and running out of ammo during engagements.  Adds to the drama of pew pew.

Adding stanags to shotguns should considered sacrilege 

Totally agree mate any one who does should be burned at the stake ! 😉

Archived