Specna Arms M4s

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know these guns are well regarded by a number of members of this forum. And I've read that they are quite popular on other forums too.

They seem to have a very large range and prices range from not  a lot more than a hundred to not much more than two hundred quid?

I just wondered how one of the £200+ ones would stack up against a G&G or ICS gun in the 300 quid area  in terms of internals and externals. I watched a Polish video about them, and they look surprisingly good for the price. But adverts are designed to make things look good.

Any very happy owners on here?

• Supporters

I have an SA-A03. I would put it up against any G&G/ICS to be honest. It's had a Maple Leaf hop and a ZCI barrel fitted and it fires like a laser. They are really very nice for the cost.

By the way - the cheaper ones are the "Core" range which are same internals in a polymer body.

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

I know these guns are well regarded by a number of members of this forum. And I've read that they are quite popular on other forums too.

They seem to have a very large range and prices range from not  a lot more than a hundred to not much more than two hundred quid?

I just wondered how one of the £200+ ones would stack up against a G&G or ICS gun in the 300 quid area  in terms of internals and externals. I watched a Polish video about them, and they look surprisingly good for the price. But adverts are designed to make things look good.

Any very happy owners on here?

I have a SA-AO3 (I believe), only skirmished it once but it's a very solid rifle and feels well built. I couldn't personally comment on internals as I'm no tech but I would defo recommend Specna Arms.

Unfortunately I've just listed it in classifieds as I need to fund a new gun I want

• Mostly Retired Moderators

SA-B12 Here.

My main gun, and seems it'll still be that case for the foreseeable future.

Externals are fantastic. Solid and well made.

The stock motor is good and can handle 9.6nimh or 7.4 lipo well. Gearbox hasn't given me any troubles yet.

I have changed the inner barrel and hop up (Prometheus EG, Purple rubber, Prowin). And added a better spring.

Shoots really accurately with .30s and sits at a very consistent 328-330 on a chrono which I'm happy with.

Other upgrades that I'd like, but not essential would be high torque motor, change battery connector to deans and gate Titan. But it's fine as is for now.

There's a post here where I've uploaded loads of photos of mine, as well as a bit more write up.

https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/41130-gg-vs-valken-vs-specna-arms/?do=findComment&comment=306456

SA-HO2 (HK416c)  here, love it. 

Easily the most impressive thing about it is the build quality. it feels absolutely rock solid, no creaks, wobbles or wonky bits. 

Stock it performs nicely, the quick change spring is great too. Only changes Ive done to mine so far are put a tightbore barrel in it and new hop rubber. I may consider a ProWin hop in future just because I like the dial mechanism, but the stock hop unit performs pretty damn well as it is.

The only thing I'd really like to improve is a slightly better RoF and snappier trigger response. When I get brave enough to try my hand at soldering a mosfet into it thats next on my list to do. But for the moment Im erring on the side of "if it aint broke dont fix it" 😛 if/when the gearbox requires some kind of opening up then I'll look at doing a full overhaul.

Archived