Newcomer interested in SpeedQB and milsim

Seven
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Aaaaand Nomad have just lost their contract for the site.  Last game will be 1st July, they're bringing forwards their next milsim and running it then.  Dammit.

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Aaaaand Nomad have just lost their contract for the site.  Last game will be 1st July, they're bringing forwards their next milsim and running it then.  Dammit.

😞 that sucks!

Wonder why they lost the contract... Maybe a new Airsoft company is moving in? Or the owner of the land has development plans?

Shame to see it go... I won't get to play there before it closes and it looked a really fun and interesting site.

Best thing to do with Timpsons is go in and have a chat, I know our local manager quite well as I work a few doors down. They wanted a high quality image of the Glock logo which I emailed together with a picture to show where it needed to be and for size. They may be able to 'engrave' too , mine looks laser etched. Take which ever bit you want engraving in and have a chat, don't take the whole gun. You can say that branch 106 (Barnstaple) got it approved and done. Cost for the logo was £35 which included processing the image etc so I am told that future Glock logos should be less, which I take it means countrywide .

IMGP1655.JPG

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Seven said:

Or the owner of the land has development plans?

It sounds like they''re a touch eccentric, don't need the money, have never really liked airsoft going on, and have just spat the dummy.

It is a crying shame, there's been loads of work done on the site and it's in splendid condition at the moment, with loads of natural cover.

If you can possibly get along before it shuts, I'd highly recommend it.  They do hire packages if you can spring for that.

15 hours ago, Nick G said:

Best thing to do with Timpsons is go in and have a chat, I know our local manager quite well as I work a few doors down. They wanted a high quality image of the Glock logo which I emailed together with a picture to show where it needed to be and for size. They may be able to 'engrave' too , mine looks laser etched. Take which ever bit you want engraving in and have a chat, don't take the whole gun. You can say that branch 106 (Barnstaple) got it approved and done. Cost for the logo was £35 which included processing the image etc so I am told that future Glock logos should be less, which I take it means countrywide .

IMGP1655.JPG

£35 for that wee logo? My god, I better start saving! I want the whole damn pistol engraved, hahaha.

Something along these lines but a different style... 45_Colt_1911_reigelgunengraving.com.JPG

14 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

It sounds like they''re a touch eccentric, don't need the money, have never really liked airsoft going on, and have just spat the dummy.

It is a crying shame, there's been loads of work done on the site and it's in splendid condition at the moment, with loads of natural cover.

If you can possibly get along before it shuts, I'd highly recommend it.  They do hire packages if you can spring for that.

Yeah I have no chance getting to it before its gone. Such a bummer!

Hope the site operators find a new home nearby, the site looked really fun with the downed plane n stuff. Fingers crossed the operators don't just give up and call it a day...

Wow, yep if you want a full engraving you are going to be looking at serious money ! We use a local hand engraver at work for our jewellery engraving (he is looking into the possibility of doing some work on a gun for me but depends on the metal) and I can say that the sheer number of hours required for work like that will be huge. Will look fantastic done but it will cost plenty. 

Is the metal used in Airsoft guns good enough quality for that kind of detailed work?  I'm guessing that pic is real steel?

Cheers

g

2 hours ago, MisterG said:

Is the metal used in Airsoft guns good enough quality for that kind of detailed work?  I'm guessing that pic is real steel?

Cheers

g

Well I wont be doing it on the standard pistol parts anyway, it'll be all aftermarket but yeah, its just aluminium... you can buy them pre-engraved like this...

LINK

but who wants cookie cutter? 😛

6 hours ago, Nick G said:

Wow, yep if you want a full engraving you are going to be looking at serious money ! We use a local hand engraver at work for our jewellery engraving (he is looking into the possibility of doing some work on a gun for me but depends on the metal) and I can say that the sheer number of hours required for work like that will be huge. Will look fantastic done but it will cost plenty. 

On the bright side... I could have it engraved part by part over a longer time frame... that could work!

Get one part of the slide done, then another part etc etc etc. An evolving masterpiece! Sounds like a plan to me!

I just wish someone made a metal grip for the hi-capa with actual grip cover plates so you could get some custom made and do things like this...

C614qHXVwAA9d1U.jpg

This guy does some good work, shame he is in Taiwan.

Archived