Jump to content
Seven

Newcomer interested in SpeedQB and milsim

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

 

Brand new to Airsoft but looking forward to getting addicted.

From Glasgow. Ex-army. 36 years old.

Friend persuaded me to look into Airsoft and I liked what I saw.

Starting to pick up bits and pieces of basic gear already.

 

Highly interested in indoor SpeedQB/Speedsoft and outdoor milsim styles.

 

Going to start with the indoor stuff first since my closest site is a CQB site.

 

Looking forward to not only the playing side but also the tinkering side of the sport.

I was an armourer in the army so tinkering is alot of fun to me. Stripping, modifying, upgrading, customizing etc.

 

Can't wait to make a start on my first fully customised and tricked out TM hi-capa which will be my indoor primary, so if anyone has some links to some UK parts and customisation retailers for hi-capa pistols in the UK/EU, please let me know!

Im currently on the search for an anodised red outer barrel, preferably fluted if anyone has any ideas.

Also if anyone has some guidance on reputable part/upgrade manufacturers I should be looking at please let me know.

I don't mind paying extra if anyone knows anywhere that can do truly custom bespoke parts.

 

Look forward to talking with you all.

 

Seven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome :).

 

Would recommend Eagle 6 for TM parts  https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/

 

Also for custom pistols try Elite Shooting Centre  http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Welcome :).

 

Would recommend Eagle 6 for TM parts  https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/

 

Also for custom pistols try Elite Shooting Centre  http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/

 

Thanks!

 

And thanks for the links. The elite shooting centre looks to be just the ticket. Not for the fully built guns but for the parts. They can also anodise parts... Just what the doc ordered!

 

Mucho gracias!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Seven, you'll be playing at the Depot, right?  Pistol is viable there, and can be very effective if you play fast and aggressive.

 

Ryan / Silver Fox has some great videos of games there, including pistol only: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLAaCjZtFOgNflgr2dz7pAg/videos

 

I would highly recommend a TRMR grenade with a tri-shot base if funds permit - it solves so many problems.

 

 

On Milsims, Nomad in Fenwick have been running a series of milsim-lites, and are planning to start a new series in the autumn, so would be worth keeping an eye on.  I stress "lite", as they're running dedicated medics, ammo limits (on trust) and no-break full-day events, but not mid/real caps or overnight play.  Still a different experience though, and worth a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome abroad Seven.

 

I'll second eagle6 for TM spares and upgrade parts. They are very good.

 

Must have a look into Nomad Roger.

Quite interested in the Milsim Lite,  LWA did something similar last year and I really enjoyed it.

Tks for the heads up 👍 ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

Welcome to the forum.

 

I've also used ak2m4 and swasairsoft for parts, though not TM specific.

 

Cheers


G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Hi Seven, you'll be playing at the Depot, right?  Pistol is viable there, and can be very effective if you play fast and aggressive.

 

Ryan / Silver Fox has some great videos of games there, including pistol only: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLAaCjZtFOgNflgr2dz7pAg/videos

 

I would highly recommend a TRMR grenade with a tri-shot base if funds permit - it solves so many problems.

 

 

On Milsims, Nomad in Fenwick have been running a series of milsim-lites, and are planning to start a new series in the autumn, so would be worth keeping an eye on.  I stress "lite", as they're running dedicated medics, ammo limits (on trust) and no-break full-day events, but not mid/real caps or overnight play.  Still a different experience though, and worth a try.

Hi Roger,

 

Yeah, depot will be where I cut my teeth initially since it's only 15 minutes away and transport is an issue but I will progress to outdoor quite quickly I expect for the realism aspects.

As much as running around like you've snorted a line of pro plus with a super fancy blinged up pistol where camo is pointless sounds super fun... Nothing quite beats donning some DPM and crawling around in the woods with a realistically coloured rifle, lol

8 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

Welcome abroad Seven.

 

I'll second eagle6 for TM spares and upgrade parts. They are very good.

 

Must have a look into Nomad Roger.

Quite interested in the Milsim Lite,  LWA did something similar last year and I really enjoyed it.

Tks for the heads up 👍 ..

 

7 hours ago, MisterG said:

Hi

 

Welcome to the forum.

 

I've also used ak2m4 and swasairsoft for parts, though not TM specific.

 

Cheers


G

 

Cheers folks! I'll check out those retailers tonight, G, thanks!

 

Do you happen to know anywhere that would do bespoke parts? Like engraved / embossed alloy slides etc? Or even custom paint / hydro dip jobs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't bought any myself, but I do remember seeing some posts on engraving. 

 

Have a search of the forum, type engrave/engraving in the search box

 

Cheers


G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Didn't think a speedsofter would also be a milsim enthusiast. Bit sure how well you'd be treated turning up with a bright coloured anodized fluted mcwhsitle to a milsim. 🤣

 

I kinda want to do a milsim just so I can say I tried it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My local High St branch of Timpsons arranged to get the Glock logo lasered onto my G18 , so they may be worth a visit if you have one locally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum!

 

I've played the Depot a few times now and I can definitely say that it's worth the trek from Dundee for me and the Mrs to go.

Best CQB site I've ever played (and I've played a few).

 

If you find yourself over this way, I can definitely recommend Viper Strike and Evolution Airsoft - even though they're more casual and less Milsim, they're still great fun and run by awesome folk.

 

Maybe see you at the Depot sometime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Duff said:

Interesting. Didn't think a speedsofter would also be a milsim enthusiast. Bit sure how well you'd be treated turning up with a bright coloured anodized fluted mcwhsitle to a milsim. 🤣

 

I kinda want to do a milsim just so I can say I tried it.

 

Haha, yeah, I think if I turned up with a bright shiny pistol to a milsim I would get a few disapproving looks if not forced to change it.

I like the sound of both aspects of Airsoft.

Probably gonna put a few noses out of place here but here goes...

To me, milsim Airsoft is not a sport, it's an experience. Just like period or battle reenactments except the outcome is not pre defined.

It's the realism side of the coin. Dare I say casual?

Speedsoft/SpeedQB on the other hand is the sporting side of the hobby. The competition shooters. Like competitive paintball. You ever watched a competitive paintball match? That shiz is wild!

 

There are of course other faces to Airsoft but these 2 appeal to me the most. Maybe even some IPSC style stuff at some point.

 

Vastly different styles under one big community umbrella. I like that.

 

3 hours ago, Nick G said:

My local High St branch of Timpsons arranged to get the Glock logo lasered onto my G18 , so they may be worth a visit if you have one locally.

 

Oh rly? That's cool, I might stop in to one and enquire. Can they do complex designs? What was the rough cost?

Thanks for the heads up, Nick!

 

2 hours ago, Trojax88 said:

Welcome to the forum!

 

I've played the Depot a few times now and I can definitely say that it's worth the trek from Dundee for me and the Mrs to go.

Best CQB site I've ever played (and I've played a few).

 

If you find yourself over this way, I can definitely recommend Viper Strike and Evolution Airsoft - even though they're more casual and less Milsim, they're still great fun and run by awesome folk.

 

Maybe see you at the Depot sometime.

 

Indeed.

Those sites you mentioned... Are they outdoor sites?

In desperate to find an accessible site in Scotland that has a big outdoor play area with diverse environment like you see in other European countries and the USA.

Forest areas with small hills, Brookes, streams, clearings, building shells and tunnel systems.

 

Hope to see you at the depot sometime. Keep your eye out for the dude that looks like a noob, haha. Im trying to get my friend to go on the 8th July and I can borrow one of his spare weapons until I get my ukara number and I can buy my hi-capa's! Can't come quick enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm. I'd encourage you to come to UK airsoft with an open mind, rather than forming preconceptions based on watching Septic "speedsoft vs milsim" style videos.  The sort of egregious overshooting and gamesmanship that they delight in showcasing is not how it's played here. Silver Fox's videos are a good primer - it's more laughs and apologising than teabagging and theatrics.

 

I'll be at the Depot on July 8, and hope to see you there - I'll probably end up team-kill fragging you, actually. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Mmm. I'd encourage you to come to UK airsoft with an open mind, rather than forming preconceptions based on watching Septic "speedsoft vs milsim" style videos.  The sort of egregious overshooting and gamesmanship that they delight in showcasing is not how it's played here. Silver Fox's videos are a good primer - it's more laughs and apologising than teabagging and theatrics.

 

I'll be at the Depot on July 8, and hope to see you there - I'll probably end up team-kill fragging you, actually. ;)

 

 

Oh yeah, im well aware of the animosity that some people show towards people of other playstyles. I've seen videos of blatent overkill from speedsofters and I've also seen groups of milsim folk mag dumping kids for not playing their way.

In not interested in getting involved with any of that rubbish.

There always will be the few who give the rest a bad name.

#notmypresident ... Wait... Wrong topic... 😉

 

My favourite people to watch are Novritsch for the more milsim aspect and Umbrella Corp. Airsoft from Hong Kong for the speedsoft style.

Seen here: 

 

I still need to check out Fox though... Thanks for reminding me... Brb 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh... Novritsch is a cancer....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Seven said:

 

What gives you that impression?

 

From watching his click bait, out dated formulaic videos of the same old shit?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough. I personally don't get that with Novritsch...

 

Silo, yes, silo is a clickbait whore for sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Seven said:

Fair enough. I personally don't get that with Novritsch...

 

Silo, yes, silo is a clickbait whore for sure...

 

They're all as shit and formulaic as each other. Guy Brings Illegal Sniper And Owns With It or Cheater Gets Caught Watch What Happens Next type titles and their superimposed hit markers that blatantly show the bb hitting somewhere else entirely. It's just boring and fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duff said:

 

They're all as shit and formulaic as each other. Guy Brings Illegal Sniper And Owns With It or Cheater Gets Caught Watch What Happens Next type titles and their superimposed hit markers that blatantly show the bb hitting somewhere else entirely. It's just boring and fake.

 

But if they are stirring and getting people interested in Airsoft... Is it really such a bad thing? 'Cancer' is a bit harsh in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Seven said:

 

But if they are stirring and getting people interested in Airsoft... Is it really such a bad thing? 'Cancer' is a bit harsh in my book.

 

IMO they do not promote airsoft, just themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Seven said:

im well aware of the animosity that some people show towards people of other playstyles

 

Internecine squabbles happen pretty much anywhere that you get a community that's big enough so that one half of it reckons they can do without the other: Judean People's Airsofters versus the People's Airsofters of Judea.  Fortunately I've not seen anything like that here, it's all smiles.

 

That's not to say that everyone is playing the same way. You'll get Multicam Man side by side with Kappa McTrackies, and snipers in sangars trying to nail chaps sprinting around on pistol rampages.  It all adds to the variety and fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

 

Internecine squabbles happen pretty much anywhere that you get a community that's big enough so that one half of it reckons they can do without the other: Judean People's Airsofters versus the People's Airsofters of Judea.  Fortunately I've not seen anything like that here, it's all smiles.

 

That's not to say that everyone is playing the same way. You'll get Multicam Man side by side with Kappa McTrackies, and snipers in sangars trying to nail chaps sprinting around on pistol rampages.  It all adds to the variety and fun.

 

Hahahahahahaha... Multicam man and Kappa McTrackies... Im in stitches!

 

/Me starts singing "Always look on the bright side of life..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Seven said:

Those sites you mentioned... Are they outdoor sites?

In desperate to find an accessible site in Scotland that has a big outdoor play area with diverse environment like you see in other European countries and the USA.

Forest areas with small hills, Brookes, streams, clearings, building shells and tunnel systems.

 

Hope to see you at the depot sometime. Keep your eye out for the dude that looks like a noob, haha. Im trying to get my friend to go on the 8th July and I can borrow one of his spare weapons until I get my ukara number and I can buy my hi-capa's! Can't come quick enough!

 

Hey dude. 

 

They're both outdoor sites, but they have some buildings. Viper Strike has a lot more concrete and brick buildings, as it's an old Pig Farm. No tunnel systems though...

Evolution is a woodland site with wooden buildings. 

 

Well worth checking out the websites for both of them to get a better idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trojax88 said:

 

Hey dude. 

 

They're both outdoor sites, but they have some buildings. Viper Strike has a lot more concrete and brick buildings, as it's an old Pig Farm. No tunnel systems though...

Evolution is a woodland site with wooden buildings. 

 

Well worth checking out the websites for both of them to get a better idea. 

 

Will do mate, cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×