NPF Sunday - HELP?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all ,

I believe there is a walk on this Sunday at NPF (bassets pole) , but it seems to be advertised by the actual Paintball Site itself rather than Fireball Squadron , does the two run separate events from each other ? 

The game this Sunday (10th) is advertised as a “NPF Airsoft Monthly Walk-on” ... has anyone had any experience with NPF days rather than the Fireball events ? Is it worth a day out ? 

Thanks ! 

It’s nothing to do with fireball squadron it’s a separate thing run by npf, fireballs Walk on’s are the first Saturday of every month , it’s played on the paintball site not fireballs site

25 minutes ago, mintsauce5 said:

It’s nothing to do with fireball squadron it’s a separate thing run by npf, fireballs Walk on’s are the first Saturday of every month , it’s played on the paintball site not fireballs site

That’s the point I’m trying make , I was hoping someone would have been to an NPF day and could give me their opinion , is it worth a day out? 

Go down and have a play, Like I said the site is fantastic, I can not fault the play area at all. I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't go and play there.

My one and only gripe is membership and gear safety.

If you want to test airsoft out then NPF will let you do that. Any site will.

If you want to take it further, own your own kit, and drop a large investment into airsoft then I personally would not make a site that is geared for hires my Ukara site. I would also try and avoid playing at a site geared for hires. As a new player Ukara is the goal.

Airsoft leaves no marks, Cheating happens. At a site of hires cheating is rife as fewer of the players have an investment in the game, At a site of regulars cheating still happens but far less often as your reputation on the game field will be known, good, stealthy, aggressive, idiot but the very last thing you ever want the site to think is you're a cheat.

And that is the big hang up for me, as a new player you need to have 3 games over at least 2 months on the same site. Then and only then will you get a Ukara issued. With the Ukara you can start to buy guns.

Getting those 3 games on one site is hard work. It's even harder when your best local site runs a game once a month. As it means a 3 month time investment. At the end of those 3 months when you can buy guns you will be thankful that the site you picked is safe for your gear.

I know all you want to do is go hire a gun and have a fantastic day. And you should do just that.

I'm saying it because It's a long term investment progressing from hire to Ukara, then on to owning and investing in kit. Then protecting that kit as it expands. And getting it right from the start is a huge step forwards.

6 hours ago, Iceni said:

Go down and have a play, Like I said the site is fantastic, I can not fault the play area at all. I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't go and play there.

My one and only gripe is membership and gear safety.

If you want to test airsoft out then NPF will let you do that. Any site will.

If you want to take it further, own your own kit, and drop a large investment into airsoft then I personally would not make a site that is geared for hires my Ukara site. I would also try and avoid playing at a site geared for hires. As a new player Ukara is the goal.

Airsoft leaves no marks, Cheating happens. At a site of hires cheating is rife as fewer of the players have an investment in the game, At a site of regulars cheating still happens but far less often as your reputation on the game field will be known, good, stealthy, aggressive, idiot but the very last thing you ever want the site to think is you're a cheat.

And that is the big hang up for me, as a new player you need to have 3 games over at least 2 months on the same site. Then and only then will you get a Ukara issued. With the Ukara you can start to buy guns.

Getting those 3 games on one site is hard work. It's even harder when your best local site runs a game once a month. As it means a 3 month time investment. At the end of those 3 months when you can buy guns you will be thankful that the site you picked is safe for your gear.

I know all you want to do is go hire a gun and have a fantastic day. And you should do just that.

I'm saying it because It's a long term investment progressing from hire to Ukara, then on to owning and investing in kit. Then protecting that kit as it expands. And getting it right from the start is a huge step forwards.

thanks for a genuine reply buddy , however I do already have UKARA and already have my own gear...

But your correct , I'm just worried that when we get there Sunday that there wont be a very good turn out or its just full of kids renting gear.

Nothing against kids getting into airsoft whatsoever , but after working at NPF as a paintball marshal for several years I know how it can get down there with the issues you mentioned.

1 minute ago, RomeoCharlie93 said:

thanks for a genuine reply buddy , however I do already have UKARA and already have my own gear...

But your correct , I'm just worried that when we get there Sunday that there wont be a very good turn out or its just full of kids renting gear.

Nothing against kids getting into airsoft whatsoever , but after working at NPF as a paintball marshal for several years I know how it can get down there with the issues you mentioned.

Oh jeez.

There's me here thinking you are totally new! Just getting into the sport. You slipped a fast one past me! Feel like I've just been snuck op on by a 12 year old with a springer pistol :D

All you can do is go down and post a review of the site. I have seen no reviews for the NPF airsoft site, and the few on facebook look like hire reviews. If you have your own kit then I suspect it'll be an easy day.

One site that is worth a look if you want a carefee day is Frogmore grange at Balsall common.

The games are short 20-30min, with teams rotating objectives. Marshalls are very good, site gives you lunch with the walk on. Free tea cofee, and a nice safe zone that is either locked, or marshalled depending on turn out.

The site is small, but the layout is decent enough. It's the site I use for Ukara as it runs a few games a month, including some midweek and sunday games.

Give them a ring, as the website doesn't look to be fully updated ATM And there may be a game on this weekend.

https://giairsoft.co.uk/Skirmish-Days.php#!/Gunman-Airsoft-Midlands-@-The-Grange/c/23012387/offset=0&sort=normal

49 minutes ago, Iceni said:

Oh jeez.

There's me here thinking you are totally new! Just getting into the sport. You slipped a fast one past me! Feel like I've just been snuck op on by a 12 year old with a springer pistol :D

All you can do is go down and post a review of the site. I have seen no reviews for the NPF airsoft site, and the few on facebook look like hire reviews. If you have your own kit then I suspect it'll be an easy day.

One site that is worth a look if you want a carefee day is Frogmore grange at Balsall common.

The games are short 20-30min, with teams rotating objectives. Marshalls are very good, site gives you lunch with the walk on. Free tea cofee, and a nice safe zone that is either locked, or marshalled depending on turn out.

The site is small, but the layout is decent enough. It's the site I use for Ukara as it runs a few games a month, including some midweek and sunday games.

Give them a ring, as the website doesn't look to be fully updated ATM And there may be a game on this weekend.

https://giairsoft.co.uk/Skirmish-Days.php#!/Gunman-Airsoft-Midlands-@-The-Grange/c/23012387/offset=0&sort=normal

Okay thanks mate , ill take a look now!

If I end up at NPF this Sunday I'll be sure to post a review , like you said there seems to be a complete lack of information on this walk-on

Archived