Jump to content
Airsoft Forums UK

Recommended Posts

I prefer long distance engagements (when I can see what I'm shooting at, that is!).
My MWS is decent enough, but I find the low caps a) heavy and b) annoying cos of 35 rounds.
So I'm thinking of a DMR, to fill a gap.
I think I'm too used to playing FPS video games - where you can just pick different weapons for different scenarios and end up with a tonne to choose from. In airsoft you have to pay a lot to be able to do that!
I have been looking at this:
https://urbanairsoftuk.com/product/ics-cxp-mars-dmr-dual-tone/
They'll upgrade it to 400fps and lock to semi for £40.
 

But, I'm wondering what else I should be looking at.
I want a rif where I can place follow up shots quickly, at a distance to outrange normal AEGs.
And I'd like the minimum of faff.  I'm able to break stuff really easily, so the less that needs doing to it, the better.
I'd like a RS SVD, but can't find one at a decent price anywhere.
Any suggestions most welcome 😄

 

TIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also been thinking about the DMR route, I like SVD's too as well as M14's. Maybe you just need a lil more gangsta in your sidearm!? What are you using to accompanying your primary at present?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I want a rif where I can place follow up shots quickly, at a distance to outrange normal AEGs.

 

I know at my local site people using DMR's are asked not to spam the trigger. To treat it much like a sniper, shoot - watch where it hits - shoot again. General ask is 3 sec's between shots. This has stemmed from some DMR's being able to shoot quicker on semi than a lot of standard AEG's on full 😕 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely it would make more sense to turn your Mws into a DMR and get an AEG as a normal rifle. 

 

You’ll use less ammo playing as a designated marksman/ counter sniper than a rifleman, and being gas it’s far better equipped to throw heavy BB’s a long distance. 

 

For example, my Mws DMR is throwing a .40 BB out to 80-85m. That’s at 400 FPS with a .20. I’d be very surprised if you could get an AEG to do that without a hell of a lot of work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Surely it would make more sense to turn your Mws into a DMR and get an AEG as a normal rifle. 

 

You’ll use less ammo playing as a designated marksman/ counter sniper than a rifleman, and being gas it’s far better equipped to throw heavy BB’s a long distance. 

 

For example, my Mws DMR is throwing a .40 BB out to 80-85m. That’s at 400 FPS with a .20. I’d be very surprised if you could get an AEG to do that without a hell of a lot of work. 

I suppose the crux of the matter is that I'm worried about knackering it. I pretty much use it as a DMR anyway, but just can't reach out as far as I want......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ICS mars is a VERY good gun (I’d put it up there with a TM recoil), but being an aeg but it’s a DMR in style. It’s like A&k SR-25’s they look like one, but like snipers they need to be built. 

 

If you were to go to go down the ICS route, I’d want the MAXX hop chamber, Rhop or a maple leaf AEG bucking, tightbore barrel, matched cylinder for the barrel/BB weight. You’re probably £150+ there. 

 

You’ll have to do something extra stupid to break it. I use mine most weeks for a year and it’s still running like a champ. 

 

Assuming your gun is standard, it’s very easy to turn it into a DMR. A longer inner barrel will give you the FPS boost you need for DMR limits, a modify tan bucking is £15 and a SixG super nub is the same I think. That’s all mine has and I can stand in the open engaging people because they can’t touch me 😎

 

also.. the mars is a programmable mosfet, right? You’re being charged £40 for them to put a battery in and pull the trigger a few times to program it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

 Assuming your gun is standard, it’s very easy to turn it into a DMR. A longer inner barrel will give you the FPS boost you need for DMR limits, a modify tan bucking is £15 and a SixG super nub is the same I think. That’s all mine has and I can stand in the open engaging people because they can’t touch me 😎

 

 

This might be the best option then! 
What would you say for the barrel? And as far as nub goes, I have the brass one from Dave (that I have still yet to fit)?
I guess I'll have to think of a different rail if I'm going to do that then....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run an orga LEX 410mm 6.05 barrel. I’ve got a 370mm one too if you want it. (For a 14.5 outer barrel)

 

That’s correct. Dave’s nub will let you run heavy ammo and your range will improve just from that mod. I was running .32-.36 in my 350 FPS one and the range was fantastic. If you were to add a longer, tighter barrel, that would get your FPS up to 400ish, assuming that’s your limit for a DMR

 

Ive currently asked him to do the impossible and R hop my mws, but impossible is not a word Dave understands 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I run an orga LEX 410mm 6.05 barrel. I’ve got a 370mm one too if you want it. (For a 14.5 outer barrel)

 

That’s correct. Dave’s nub will let you run heavy ammo and your range will improve just from that mod. I was running .32-.36 in my 350 FPS one and the range was fantastic. If you were to add a longer, tighter barrel, that would get your FPS up to 400ish, assuming that’s your limit for a DMR

 

Ive currently asked him to do the impossible and R hop my mws, but impossible is not a word Dave understands 😂

I could be tempted! Will send you a PM

😄 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you consider a Cyma svd they are basically an exact copy of the RS svd but considerably cheaper than trying to buy a new RS svd which have accumulated stupid asking prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

Have you consider a Cyma svd they are basically an exact copy of the RS svd but considerably cheaper than trying to buy a new RS svd which have accumulated stupid asking prices.

I had, but it doesn't appear to be in stock anywhere reliable 😞

 

2 hours ago, Arwen said:

 

I know at my local site people using DMR's are asked not to spam the trigger. To treat it much like a sniper, shoot - watch where it hits - shoot again. General ask is 3 sec's between shots. This has stemmed from some DMR's being able to shoot quicker on semi than a lot of standard AEG's on full 😕 

 

 

Whoa! I didn't mean spamming the trigger - I just meant a follow up in case the hits not called (or I miss!).
Or moving quickly to shoot a second target....
At a local site it's 2s between shots, but at another there's no restriction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gunfire has some in stock  https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152196218-CM057-sniper-rifle-replica.html and I have bought from them a number of times and they have been pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ibo7 said:

Out of stock😂😂😂

Well, that is a kick in the proverbials but it was in stock at the time I posted the link. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it might have a weird proprietary gearbox though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an ICS UK1SR as a DMR, the stop to keep it in single shot was some plastic glued on as last game I realised it wasn’t there!... should be fixed when I get my AEGs back :)

 

With the ICS you also have the quick change system so also buy another upper gearbox for site where there is a lower FPS, I’ve got a few now for that reason as it’s either 400 or 450

 

ive yet to upgrade mine but interested in the above tips so may look into it if I have time later in year ...

 

keep us posted with your outcome :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, djben9 said:

With the ICS you also have the quick change system so also buy another upper gearbox for site where there is a lower FPS, I’ve got a few now for that reason as it’s either 400 or 450

 

I agree with the above, sites around here alter between 400, 420 and 450fps for DMR, having a quick change spring at your access could potentially stop your day being cut short before you even start so if I was in a similar situation would defo put that info consideration 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×