New Classifieds format

ibo7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

I believe it should look like that regardless of the 'categories' sidebar on mobile.

The forums collapse to 3 different sizes (desktop, tablet and mobile). Mobile the categories don't show at all (just a 'browse categories button') but on tablet it tries to squeeze the sidebar in and - as a result - leaves no space for titles. Desktop has this issue also at lower resolutions, but both now should display the menu below all the content instead of in a side bar.

Suppose what I'm saying is that on mobile you shouldn't be noticing a difference right now :S

• Supporters
1 minute ago, proffrink said:

I believe it should look like that regardless of the 'categories' sidebar on mobile.

The forums collapse to 3 different sizes (desktop, tablet and mobile). Mobile the categories don't show at all (just a 'browse categories button') but on tablet it tries to squeeze the sidebar in and - as a result - leaves no space for titles. Desktop has this issue also at lower resolutions, but both now should display the menu below all the content instead of in a side bar.

Suppose what I'm saying is that on mobile you shouldn't be noticing a difference right now :S

Much better. Thanks.

• Root Admin

@rocketdogbert @Prisce

Just realised the theme was locked to admin/mods only. Should be in the menu at the footer of the page now.

The difference that you should notice is that on the current theme (i.e the one that I didn't just make an hour ago) will have no category selector at all (by virtue of the sidebar being temporarily disabled). The new one has categories displayed underneath the listings and may be collapsed to just 'browse categories' (depending on your screen size). In any case (desktop, mobile, tablet) there will be no sidebar for the next 24 hours. If we stick with this change, I'll remove the sidebar altogether and replace it with the navigation at the bottom.

• Root Admin

Scroll down when viewing a category. You'll notice there's a menu (or a link to the category menu if you're on a small enough screen).

Basically the idea is to keep the menu somewhere, but not in the sidebar where it uses up way too much room.

• Head Moderator

That is much better, thanks

Archived