Any lads from Tamworth/Staffs ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening everyone!  Just putting a post out there to see if there’s any local lads on here? Me and a few mates are looking for other like minded players from the area to build up a group to go events with  , so if your from Tamworth or nearby drop us a message ! 

You have a good site just down the road from you.

Fireball Squadron at Bassets Pole. It's a good site, Think the rentals are M4's.

The site is at the back of the paintball site by the Mcdonalds on the Bassets Pole roundabout. You have to drive through the paintball site, down a mud road for quite a distance then you get to the car park and game hut.

Because of the location once on the site you can not get off it again until after the paintball site has finished playing. Unless it is a real emergency.

They have coffee/tea/soft drinks, and a selection of sandwiches at lunch for a reasonable price.

They have BB's for sale and some very limited stock.

The site itself is dense woodland. With a good collection of buildings/structures. The density of the woodland is such that you very often engage at CQB ranges.

Games days are the first saturday of the month, and they like you to pre-book if using hire guns.

They also like you to be onsite early. You have to be on before the paintball site closes the gates. So it is best to be slightly early, grab a cofee in Mcdonalds and wait for the gates to open. All the information you need is on the website, but it would be worth calling them if you are planning on going.

Boots are also required at the site as a site rule, And you will need them. There are rabbit holes, exposed roots, and brambles.

http://www.fireballsquadron.com/joomla16/

Next shoot there will be on the 7th July.

Not sure if I'll be there as I've only made one this year so far! Everything seems to happen on a saturday atm! The regulars are a good bunch, chatty and normally fairly friendly.

16 hours ago, Iceni said:

You have a good site just down the road from you.

Fireball Squadron at Bassets Pole. It's a good site, Think the rentals are M4's.

The site is at the back of the paintball site by the Mcdonalds on the Bassets Pole roundabout. You have to drive through the paintball site, down a mud road for quite a distance then you get to the car park and game hut.

Because of the location once on the site you can not get off it again until after the paintball site has finished playing. Unless it is a real emergency.

They have coffee/tea/soft drinks, and a selection of sandwiches at lunch for a reasonable price.

They have BB's for sale and some very limited stock.

The site itself is dense woodland. With a good collection of buildings/structures. The density of the woodland is such that you very often engage at CQB ranges.

Games days are the first saturday of the month, and they like you to pre-book if using hire guns.

They also like you to be onsite early. You have to be on before the paintball site closes the gates. So it is best to be slightly early, grab a cofee in Mcdonalds and wait for the gates to open. All the information you need is on the website, but it would be worth calling them if you are planning on going.

Boots are also required at the site as a site rule, And you will need them. There are rabbit holes, exposed roots, and brambles.

http://www.fireballsquadron.com/joomla16/

Next shoot there will be on the 7th July.

Not sure if I'll be there as I've only made one this year so far! Everything seems to happen on a saturday atm! The regulars are a good bunch, chatty and normally fairly friendly.

I believe there is a walk on this Sunday at NPF (bassets pole) , but it seems to be advertised by the actual Paintball Site itself rather than Fireball Squadron , does the two run separate events from each other ? 

The game this Sunday (10th) is advertised as a “NPF Airsoft Monthly Walk-on” ... has anyone had any experience with NPF days rather than the Fireball events ? 

NPF are national paintball fields. The airsoft site is part of the paintball site, that they split off on Sundays to allow airsoft on.

So 2 distinct companies, You can't get your UKARA splitting games between the 2 sites even tho they are separated by a wire fence and a day!

I have never been to one of their games, and probably never will. The site however is stunning, It's one of the best paintball sites in the UK. Lots of investment has gone onto the playing fields.

For a single day, hiring and taking a team of mates then you will get a 100% great day.

As established players however we take hundreds of pounds of equipment with us, and we take pride in our gear. In order to have the confidence to take that gear with us we need everyone at the site to be on the same level. As such we have to trust the other players, both to play fair, and to not touch what isn't theirs.

You simply can't be a member of a site where hires take as much of the trade as regular players, because you never know who is looking at your kit when you arn't.

At fireball hires are rare. The players are well established, and will look out for you and your kit. I have no issues, and nor do the other players in leaving spare guns sat out on the kit tables whilst we play. It's that level of trust you need to be able to play. Ask, and look, but never just pick up guns and stuff, Most airsofters will show off kit like giddy children, we love our guns and we like people taking an interest. We also expect that our kit is safe.

As such I would play at NPF but would leave my unused kit in the car. Covered, Alarmed, Locked, and not shown unless I'm playing with it. Call me paranoid. It would take a few games for me to have any sort of trust for a new safe zone. Especially when I expect a lot of the people on the site are only there for the day and will probably never come back.

Fireball on the other hand I would have my UKARA and membership with them. The site and players are spot on. When I go down all my guns come out, because I know nobody will touch them. A good portion of the players are regulars, You will see them every shoot.

I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't trust the site.

Archived