ASG CZSP01 Shadow - what happened?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought a czp01 Shadow from Urban Airsoft a week or so ago, with a couple of co2 mags.
Harrison had warned me it shoots hot on co2 for the first four or five shots.
Last night was my first chance to use it. 
I loaded both c02 mags to fire off five shots before going to play.
5 rounds from the first mag were perfect.
Something happened with the second mag on the fourth shot.
Have a look at the vid.

Then please answer the following question:

What the fuck????

I'm absolutely gutted 😔

• Supporters

blew the nozzle apart?

i've heard (although luckily not experienced) that running heavier weight ammo can do that to some pistols, because the extra backpressure in the barrel is enough to push it over the edge.

i'd be taking that back, there's normal wear and tear and there's blowing up after 9 rounds....

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

blew the nozzle apart?

i've heard (although luckily not experienced) that running heavier weight ammo can do that to some pistols, because the extra backpressure in the barrel is enough to push it over the edge.

i'd be taking that back, there's normal wear and tear and there's blowing up after 9 rounds....

I was only using .25s in it!

Should be an interesting conversation with the shop tomorrow.

Fingers crossed they're reasonable about it.

• Supporters

You just got a lemon, shit happens, even the best manufacturers turn out a wonky one every so often.

I'm sure the shop will be cool about it, being its less than two weeks old.

15 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

blew the nozzle apart?

I put .28's through my KWC G17c, it's completely stock internals apart form a spacer to lower the fps around 50 points. Think I will see if I can borrow a handful of .40's to chuck through it to see how it performs!

I had a pistol mag nozzle explode, to be fair it had been dropped on its head and superglued back together. But I was putting .12's through it! :D

20180304_162224.jpg

How did it go with the shop?

Cheers

G

11 hours ago, MisterG said:

How did it go with the shop?

Well, okay, I think.
Although I haven't yet tested what I brought home.
He agreed it shouldn't have happened and said that he hadn't had one with that issue in three years of selling it.
But then he did something I don't quite understand.
He went and got a new gun out.
Then swapped the slides.
Then gave me my gun back with the new slide.
Couldn't see the logic really - the other one will be RTM now, so why not just swap gun for gun?
Bizarre.
Anyway, hopefully this one will work!

I bought a couple of co2 mags as well when I bought the gun originally - I asked if it was okay to swap them to gas - they'd each had only a few rounds through - he agreed and swapped them straight away.
So all in all, a thumbs up (provided the thing works!) .  😄

Guess he prefers to write off the faulty slide rather than an entire RIF. Good to see you got it sorted, hope all goes well.

He might be able to order the part, rather than send the whole gun back to the manufacturer. 

Glad it's sorted.

Cheers

G

Archived