LCT sub-carbines

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to put my sub-carbine AKs on a plastic maintenance stand I used to use for my airguns. I want to leave it there, not permanently, but for a day or so.  

This one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/MTM-RMC-5-Gunsmiths-Maintenance-Center/dp/B000KK93Y4

With the stock folded the gun measures only 500mm. This means that the gun will have to be supported at the back on the stock. One is a polymer folding stock and the other is the simple steel triangular stock. 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-lck106-airsoft-gun-aeg

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-tx-s74un-airsoft-gun-aeg

Forgive me for being obsessive; they say LCTs are built like tanks, but I worry that the stock taking the weight at the back might put pressure on the folding mechanism and weaken it. I would like to buy a peg board to display the guns. Again my worry is that supporting the rear under the stock might not be a good long term idea.

Am I being completely anal?  Sorry but I get this way with new guns.

Get the AK in your hands :D

Once you pick it up you will see just how solid it is. You could club a man to death with it and it'll still shoot. It's not like the regular airsoft gear where you have to be careful. LCT steel externals are exactly that, Steel. and it's not the thin stuff either. The gun will make you jump with delight when you finally get it in your hands. It'll look and feel like a real AK, Frighteningly so.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-tx-s74un-airsoft-gun-aeg

I'd have that one in a heartbeat. The small forward ris section is perfect for getting a torch, front grip and red dot onto. Batteries on the AK go above the receiver under the plate.

It's also got the side mount for a scope, so it has pretty much every external option you would want.

Grab some metal high caps and go blasting people.

I'll just leave a video in Russian here to get you in the mood :D

Pretty sure GHK gas AK’s use LCT bodies. There’s a video online of someone breaking through a plywood wall with one. You’re gonna have to be doing something extra Russian to break it lol

Took one of them to an airgun range yesterday to test it, and the magazines, out for function, set the hop up etc.

Everything seemed to work well, though 10m isn't enough to set the hop up. Without any hop it was grouping pretty well at that range. 

I think I may have changed my mind about magazines. Mid caps with compressed springs seem to work better than the clockwork hicaps. It's easy to forget to wind the hicap ones, and after using the extraction tab to empty the remaining ones, there always seems to be one or maybe two bbs left in. No amount of shaking or will get them out. I suppose that would require disassembly. Will have to find a disassembly video on Youtube.

But, overall, I'm very pleased with my purchases. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Took one of them to an airgun range yesterday to test it, and the magazines, out for function, set the hop up etc.

Everything seemed to work well, though 10m isn't enough to set the hop up. Without any hop it was grouping pretty well at that range. 

I think I may have changed my mind about magazines. Mid caps with compressed springs seem to work better than the clockwork hicaps. It's easy to forget to wind the hicap ones, and after using the extraction tab to empty the remaining ones, there always seems to be one or maybe two bbs left in. No amount of shaking or will get them out. I suppose that would require disassembly. Will have to find a disassembly video on Youtube.

But, overall, I'm very pleased with my purchases. 

midcaps for the win, just chuck it in the gun and unload until it's empty. especially with an odin speedloader (with an adaptor in your case) it's not like refilling them is an arduous task, hell i've even re-loaded in the middle of a game under fire.

plus, although this is just my philosophy, what's the point of ruining the immersive fun of airsoft by running around winding a mag and never changing it?

i own 2 hicaps, the g&g one that came with the f2000 i have literally never used and the one for the mg42 kind of speaks for itself.

Archived