Odin Innovations M12 Sidewinder Speed Loader Adaptors.

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

No idea but here is your original link:

• Supporters

When I saw the price of platform specific ones I thought “sod that !” So I made my own adapter , 

old knackered STANAG cut to size , all the internals removed , then a short length of loading tube epoxied in place , a chunk of quite dense foam glued in the space to brace my mags against it and job done ! Once you get the hang of it you can load pretty much any mag , I use it onTM recoil AK/FAL/MP5/Sterling/M14 and even shotgun shells with a bit of ‘jiggling’ ! 😉

2230E606-E0BD-4681-98F6-E4213F9D2205.jpeg

• Supporters

probably the simplest method would be to look at getting something 3d printed. at least thats what i plan to do when i move away from exclusively stanag stuff.

• Head Moderator

10 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Should I have bumped that thread?

Good question. Anyone searching for "Odin" will find either one.  The original topic was created by you, so you could have continued using it. However, having a fresh topic will bring it up to date. 

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

probably the simplest method would be to look at getting something 3d printed. at least thats what i plan to do when i move away from exclusively stanag stuff.

Problem with 3D printing is there fecking expensive ! Basically shapeways are the only ones that do multiple platforms and last time I looked the cheapest was something like £25 and the most expensive was close to £40 ! ! ! Hence I made my own ‘universal’ one .

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I got mine of Facebook. It looks surprisingly like @Druid799 hand made one. Cost me a tenner and the only thing I'd like to have seen different is that the handle could fold into it. Works great with my AK and Evo mags.

The bic pen tube he used is a touch of genius :D

20171216_142025.thumb.jpg.3da36f4def22a1aa308114682dcddec2.jpg

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, warlord said:

I got mine of Facebook. It looks surprisingly like @Druid799 hand made one. Cost me a tenner and the only thing I'd like to have seen different is that the handle could fold into it. Works great with my AK and Evo mags.

The bic pen tube he used is a touch of genius :D

20171216_142025.thumb.jpg.3da36f4def22a1aa308114682dcddec2.jpg

20 seconds with a drill would get that handle folding in surely?

personally i'd have used a cut off bit of AEG barrel for the feeding tube but each to their own.

• Supporters

Like it , I have actually made a MK2 out of a plastic mag which has a handle cut out ! 

Yup bic tube is a good idea , I was lucky I had an old pistol loading tube so it’s got the ‘claws’ on the end so I don’t loose any bbs .👍

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

20 seconds with a drill would get that handle folding in surely?

personally i'd have used a cut off bit of AEG barrel for the feeding tube but each to their own.

I was tempted to get a soldering iron on it to cut it out, but wasn't sure what the infill was like. I'd probably ruin it trying.

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Like it , I have actually made a MK2 out of a plastic mag which has a handle cut out ! 

Yup bic tube is a good idea , I was lucky I had an old pistol loading tube so it’s got the ‘claws’ on the end so I don’t loose any bbs .👍

Thinking of cutting a slot in the tube and putting a tight o ring around it so it provides some stopppage inside the tube.

• Supporters
Just now, warlord said:

I was tempted to get a soldering iron on it to cut it out, but wasn't sure what the infill was like. I'd probably ruin it trying.

Good choice ! You just know Murphy’s law says it’ll go tits up on you ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, warlord said:

see i'd just be rash and take a hand drill to it, then deal with any problems after.

if it is hollow then you could still fill it with resin after the fact to reinforce it.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

see i'd just be rash and take a hand drill to it, then deal with any problems after.

if it is hollow then you could still fill it with resin after the fact to reinforce it.

I think I'd go the druid way. Cut up an old mag first. Then at least I'd have a backout plan :D

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

This is my mantra mate. Did the same with my springer, had some awful lump of lead in the stock held in place by plastic, that fucker got drilled out quick.

Same with my CYMA barrel being .5 inches too short for the front A site to clamp on the gas buffer stopper thingy mcwotsit (don't act like you don't know what I mean) so I promptly man-machined a new pin slot further up with a couple hand files. Took my time and got it spot on so the site is perfectly straight. Had I hesitated I would of fucked it up.

Generally jumping in balls deep has hapy results, if not hilarious ones.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, warlord said:

I think I'd go the druid way. Cut up an old mag first. Then at least I'd have a backout plan :D

backup plans are for wimps :P

1 minute ago, Duff said:

This is my mantra mate. Did the same with my springer, had some awful lump of lead in the stock held in place by plastic, that fucker got drilled out quick.

Same with my CYMA barrel being .5 inches too short for the front A site to clamp on the gas buffer stopper thingy mcwotsit (don't act like you don't know what I mean) so I promptly man-machined a new pin slot further up with a couple hand files. Took my time and got it spot on so the site is perfectly straight. Had I hesitated I would of fucked it up.

Generally jumping in balls deep has hapy results, if not hilarious ones.

the trigger spring on my sig is currently a bent keyring until such times as i can find where the original sproinged itself off to :D

chap i knew last place i was working in was properly rash, his creations were almost always constructed entirely of hastily drawn 3d prints, stuff he just brought in from the farm, jb weld and whatever he'd found in the skip that day. the impressive thing was not that he made all these rash contraptions but that they actually worked, consistently :D

If this was a car forum we'd be talking gaffa tape and cable ties :D 

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, warlord said:

If this was a car forum we'd be talking gaffa tape and cable ties :D 

oh come now, i'm a professional i'll have you know!

isopon and self-tapping screws for the win!

4 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Good question. Anyone searching for "Odin" will find either one.  The original topic was created by you, so you could have continued using it. However, having a fresh topic will bring it up to date. 

Somewhat amusingly I did not forget that thread when I posted - but I got chewed up for a "necro"a few days ago (albeit in totally different circumstances). :D

I would have thought this products viability long term would be reliant on adaptors, but I guess not.

Archived