Airsoft dmr problems

Sheepy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right guy I recently upgrade a m4 to dmr spec: high torque motor, up rated gears, tappet plate m120 spring, Titan mosfet, truhop hop rubber and nub and the thing shots well when it doesn’t jam. Now since upgrading the only mags that are working is hi caps. When using any other mags the B.Bs get stuck where the hop chamber is fed from the mags. Any body know a fix or the reason why ? 

Cheers guys

I would look at 2 things first.

Check the bucking is correctly seated, a BB should just sit on the lips, then with a tiny tap it should fall through.

Next the Tru hop is essentially a lazy R hop, you could be experiencing a pinch jam, whereby the contact patch has made an impassible step. Does the problem go away if you turn the hop right of or even completely remove the hop arm?

That would be my guess. I’ve had maple leaf aeg buckings just stop a BB because of the amount of hop applied. 

Is the hop chamber standard?

Well I’ve tried it with the hop completely turned off and the same problem occurs  and I’ve havent tried removing the hop arm 

8 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

are you using fully filled midcaps when it jams?

And ye I tried using pts mid caps, dboys(I think) and a few I’m unsure of brand but they were the m16vn style

10 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I would look at 2 things first.

Check the bucking is correctly seated, a BB should just sit on the lips, then with a tiny tap it should fall through.

Next the Tru hop is essentially a lazy R hop, you could be experiencing a pinch jam, whereby the contact patch has made an impassible step. Does the problem go away if you turn the hop right of or even completely remove the hop arm?

Could it possibly be new to the rif pulling and releasing the tappet plate too quickly ?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Sheepy said:

And ye I tried using pts mid caps, dboys(I think) and a few I’m unsure of brand but they were the m16vn style

does it work if you down-load the midcaps by ~2o rounds before firing?

13 hours ago, Sheepy said:

When using any other mags the B.Bs get stuck where the hop chamber is fed from the mags

If that is true then:

it means 1 of 2 things is happening.

Either the airseal nozzle is a fraction too long and holding back the BB's. If you have shaved the tappet plate, changed the airseal nozzle or the delayer chip this can all affect how far back the nozzle is pulled.

Or the hop rubber has longer lips than normal and is holding back the BB's.

Inspect the hop from the feed tube. Look for both of those problems.

The high caps don't have the issue because the wider exit tube allows the bb's a touch more space to navigate the blockage. Or has more spring pressure to push past the problem.

This is of course assuming that you already know that the hop itself feeds those mid caps correctly. If you have changed the hop unit it could be that the hop isn't disengaging the retention nub correctly.

Ok guys I’ll try those things thank you so so much for the help 

Archived