How do headshots feel without helmet?

HKRiceBucket
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, HKRiceBucket said:

And what 😂 I can live with arm leg shots etc but head and crown jewels is definitely not something I want to try my luck with. I vote for you to take the experiment in my stead lol

I've been shot there... By someone on this forum... It was just the tip though, it skimmed it and then hit my ankle behind it.  Ankle hurt for a day or two after 

3 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I've been shot there... By someone on this forum... It was just the tip though, it skimmed it and then hit my ankle behind it.  Ankle hurt for a day or two after 

7E91F69B-B065-4AD1-8ECA-C0CE92F8B308.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Arwen said:

Lol! Especially as I've not disguised it with a mysterious blue liquid 😛 

"Don't be such a girl" and "man up"  (and all their variants) are phrases I really dislike when they are used as insults or for "motivation".  

Man up can be motivational in the right context and situation .

example ; it’s Feb rain is coming down sideways and beeping freezing in the middle of Sennybridge ranges near Brecon , a young near’do’well trainee army officer decides he no longer wish to continue with the training exercise he’s on so he sits down on his Burgen and refuses to go any further . 

One very crust old staff Sargent approaches said trainee and says “ pick up your burger Mr ***** put it on your back and start walking , man the f**k up or did the man bit run down the crack of your mothers arse the day she spurted you out ?” Low and behold he DID get up and did start walking again ! So I think he was motivated by it , or was it the instructor also saying that if he didn’t move he’d shove his foot so far up his ring he’d have to open his mouth so the boss could take his boot off ?

Who da thunk !  😂😂😂😂

Yeah well only a man can go as far as being a man. We can but only aspire to be as tough as a woman.

3 hours ago, Arwen said:

Yea... who'd want to be a girl. What with the monthly bleeding and cramps they don't know how to cope with pain at all... 😫🙄

Haha! This is why I love her... 😍😘

3 hours ago, Arwen said:

Yea... who'd want to be a girl. What with the monthly bleeding and cramps they don't know how to cope with pain at all... 😫🙄

It’s just banter, not offence intended. @HKRiceBucket and I know each other. 

• Supporters

i find face hits aren't so bad. knuckle/fingernail hits on the other hand are the devils business.....

i dont wear a helmet for the comfort and to more easily get onto my sights (i like a low profile sight), although i will helmet up on a night shoot to ensure minimum damage from running headfirst into tree branches

• Moderators

wear what your comfy with, no shot is the same and every ones pain threshold is different

ive been shot in the face, below left eye, between google and mask, drew blood but the wasp sting on my finger a few days before hurt a lot more.

Got shot the other weekend on the bridge of nose roughly 6m away ish...., drew blood, but again nothing major, just dont follow @Markuz :lol::lol::lol:

On 6/4/2018 at 11:58 AM, Duff said:

Must admit, not looking forward to my first ear hit. I been very lucky so far...

I had one that broke one of the plastic flesh tunnels i was wearing and shattered it causing my ear to piss with blood for about half hour... wasn't pleasant.

10 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the answer to all ear hits:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001T7QJ9O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

plus nobody can sneak up on you!

+1 for those, use them indoors is like cheating.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

its weird taking them off and suddenly feeling deaf :D

I know, you feel naked without your magic headset haha.
Then again down side is you can't hear your friends close buy if there's a crowd talking (and running them under a helmet does not make them easy to come off.

4 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Anything can be sexy with the right amount of lubrication.

This is my mantra.

I don't use helmets in airsoft, I find they trap too much heat..

I also get shot in the face on a regular basis and it doesn't really hurt tbf.. You definitely feel it for the first 5 minutes then adrenaline kicks in..

On 6/5/2018 at 1:30 PM, djben9 said:

wear what your comfy with, no shot is the same and every ones pain threshold is different

ive been shot in the face, below left eye, between google and mask, drew blood but the wasp sting on my finger a few days before hurt a lot more.

Got shot the other weekend on the bridge of nose roughly 6m away ish...., drew blood, but again nothing major, just dont follow @Markuz :lol::lol::lol:

hehe next time when I say "lets go!"  ......... Lets go! Thats why we are not SWAT ; )

Been shot on:

The bridge of the nose at a few feet - instant claret. 

End of the thumb nail, as in the thin edge  - that persuaded me to wear gloves.  

On the radio earpiece - it sounded like Judgement Day and set my tinnitus off.

On the earring - the earring opened, uncomfortable but no drama. 

Mesh full face mask from China for less than a tenner and pull your hood up for CQB.  No worries.

I probably loose more blood and hurt myself more tinkering with old motorcycles.  Skinned knuckles, crushed fingers, swarf under the skin and hammered thumbs.  Wear a helmet if you want to, but its not essential.  

I got shot at CBQ range (4M) from the first shot of a cooked co2 pistol mag. Right square in the little finger nail... It went black and fell off after a few days.

The shot went off with that lovely co2 plume of gas you get when it's been about 30 degrees out, and you've had the mag cooking all day in your webbing. 

Words couldn't be spoken.

You can shoot me in the face all you want after that.

Archived