How do headshots feel without helmet?

HKRiceBucket
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wondering really. Been playing with idea of maybe a helmet or just a cap. Boonie not really my kind of thing. So just wondering if the ends justify the means for all you more experienced people out there. This is purely in a practical sense rather than a visual aesthetics question?

• Supporters

I have a customer facing job so having a head full of welts is not something I can live with. Equally, I used to play in a ball cap and headshots suck. On a par with being shot in the fingers.

• Supporters

If you're wearing a cap or hat you'll feel it but it won't hurt, if you play with nothing on it does hurt but there are worse places to be shot imo

Then again maybe I'm just dense :D 

Helmets are helpful in stopping this but not something I use often, when I do it's more to stop me hitting my head on a door frame or similar than to stop the pain from being shot, it's not a lasting thing 

8 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I have a customer facing job so having a head full of welts is not something I can live with. Equally, I used to play in a ball cap and headshots suck. On a par with being shot in the fingers.

Haven't got lucky being shot in finger yet but got shot by a sniper (assumption due to single shot) relatively close distance in the thigh which stung like hell but went away equally as fast

Like you wish you wore a hat!

I normally wear a beanie or cap. The one time I went without because it was really hot, I got pinged by a burst above my left eye and it really fucking hurt. I have a decent pain threshold having been covered in tattoos most of my adult life and in general I am the stubborn male that doesn't need medical attention, the leg is still hanging on by a thread.

Against my better judgment I won't be using my lower facepro when I do woodland next week because the beard is so on point right now and my teeth are so fucked losing a few would probably add character to my fugly ole boatrace.

They’re not pleasant. Because the skin is quite thin on the forehead, I find I tend to bleed if I get shot in the head at cqb distances. The bruise/ cuts last about a week for me personally. Helmets are great and are generally good protection like M_P said. I find they can be a little warm sometimes though. 

It depends on how thick your hair is too... 

I always used to play without any head gear outdoors. I'd put my hood up for close CQB though. Getting shot on the sides or back of my head is not particularly sore, feels much the same as a thigh shot through thin trousers. Forehead shots I find are nippy, more likely to weep/bleed and instantly make my eyes water uncontrollably for about 5 min. This is the main reason I now wear either a cap or a sweatband (yea... I'm cool 😛 ).  

I've also been shot on the top of my head from about 8ft away as I was too slow ducking behind cover. That was one of the most painful hits I've ever had. It weeped for a few hours and I spend the next few weeks accidentally ripping the scab off every time I brushed my hair 😕 

The only hit more painful than this was cheekbone/eye socket from about 6-10ft away. 

Ear hits also hurt.... 

• Supporters

Depends 100% on what the situation of how you’ve been shot .

for example if you take a headshot from an AEG at extreme range then no it’s not going to hurt BUT if you get shot by some cockwomble who thinks he’s the ultimate sniper and who’s more than happy to shoot you right on the very minimum engagement distance with a 500fps bolt action then it’s going to hurt like f**k and more than likely draw blood . 

Me personally I normally run full face and a ball cap/boonie outdoors and helmet/full face CQB .

one thing you need to remember is a lot of players switch to sidearm in buildings , now unless there running an AEP which on the whole run around 240-280fps unless up-graded where as most GBB and especially NBB pistols run well over 300fps so again there going to hurt like hell at a few feet (CQB Type distances).

now as we all know your going to get the “if you don’t want to get hurt/man up or don’t play!” Brigade gobbling off about helmet/full face (fact you usually find there the ones that scream the loudest when it does happen!) but my thought on it is “why should I need to get hurt to show how ‘manly’ I am ?” You want to get a tooth shot out or you want a bleeder on your head ? Crack on ! I’ve got two sons so I know my meat and two veg work fine ! 

1 minute ago, Arwen said:

😕Ear hits also hurt.... 

Must admit, not looking forward to my first ear hit. I been very lucky so far...

I got shot in the mall at 2m in the finger, even with gloves it bloody hurt!  Left a big bruise on the first joint of my left hand.

Yesterday I tried wearing a cap, got shot in the head, and went back to the helmet.  But still had a paintball mask on, as I also have a customer facing job.

It was cooler with the cap, might try it again, but found getting hit in the head disconverting.

Cheers

G

5 minutes ago, MisterG said:

I got shot in the mall at 2m in the finger, even with gloves it bloody hurt!  Left a big bruise on the first joint of my left hand.

Yesterday I tried wearing a cap, got shot in the head, and went back to the helmet.  But still had a paintball mask on, as I also have a customer facing job.

It was cooler with the cap, might try it again, but found getting hit in the head disconverting.

Cheers

G

The thing is at the Mall is that people tend to aim for the lights that are conveniently positioned just below your face. If you're not getting shot in the face then you're likely blind firing so you just have to accept it as part of it. Had a pinky shot too, right on the nail. Didn't lose it but fluqq me did it throb for hours after.

11 minutes ago, Duff said:

Must admit, not looking forward to my first ear hit. I been very lucky so far...

It’s a very sharp, ‘hot’ sting but it doesn’t last too long. 

Always hated getting shot on my nails. That hurts for days. Maybe I’m weird but I actually quite like the pain playing airsoft. 

With one acception.. I got dropped at the mill with a bollock shot from some sneaky git in a crawl space. It may as well have been a 5.56 I was shot with the way I was carrying on 😂 had to sit out for 5 mins to get my breath back lol

The head itself isn't that bad - been shot in the back of the skull a few times and it's just like someone flicked their finger a few times.

But it's when they shoot you on the tip of your ears because that hurts like a MUDDAFOOKRRR##%&#^@&!!!!!**?¿¿¿¿¿¿¡

6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

It’s a very sharp, ‘hot’ sting but it doesn’t last too long. 

Always hated getting shot on my nails. That hurts for days. Maybe I’m weird but I actually quite like the pain playing airsoft. 

With one acception.. I got dropped at the mill with a bollock shot from some sneaky git in a crawl space. It may as well have been a 5.56 I was shot with the way I was carrying on 😂 had to sit out for 5 mins to get my breath back lol

Yeah after that forehead pinger I doubt I will find many more hits that will hurt as much, except for the nads... I hope and prey to the airsoft gods that never ever happens to me.

I usually wear the helmet. I had a cap I got shot through the hole at the front so turned it back thr other way but I felt this was worse for comfort. 

I got double pistol to the head by a man in a tutu which went above my glasses and below my helmet which hurt as I was only 10ft away from him... Other than that I've been ok with headshots

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I got double pistol to the head by a man in a tutu 

That sounds like quite the experience lol

Is that shin or forearm? Looks like the bruise came out nice.

4 minutes ago, E21A said:

Stop being a girl 😂 Just get yourself a cap. It’s not like sniper shots hurt...much 

And what 😂 I can live with arm leg shots etc but head and crown jewels is definitely not something I want to try my luck with. I vote for you to take the experiment in my stead lol

29 minutes ago, E21A said:

Stop being a girl

Yea... who'd want to be a girl. What with the monthly bleeding and cramps they don't know how to cope with pain at all... 😫🙄

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Yea... who'd want to be a girl. What with the monthly bleeding and cramps they don't know how to cope with pain at all... 😫🙄

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh ! She’s talking ‘lady stuff ! 😱

stop it ! Us men can’t deal with lady stuff  ! 😮

😂😂😂😂😂

Lol! Especially as I've not disguised it with a mysterious blue liquid 😛 

"Don't be such a girl" and "man up"  (and all their variants) are phrases I really dislike when they are used as insults or for "motivation".  

4 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Lol! Especially as I've not disguised it with a mysterious blue liquid 😛 

"Don't be such a girl" and "man up"  (and all their variants) are phrases I really dislike when they are used as insults or for "motivation".  

Pansies are pretty tough flowers so I'm told!

Believe me.. when I was in a heap on the floor carrying on like I’d actually been shot, I wish I was born a girl 😂

reminds me of this. Skip to 4:45 😂

Archived