Condor Battle Belt - and what next?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, I have to say I'm unimpressed.
Bought 2nd hand, so not sure how much it's been used, but I've played three games with it and the stitching has started coming undone on one side.
Needless to say, I won't be getting another one!

So my question is - what can I get instead that will last?
I'll be using it for a few things:
Light - single magazine / speedloader / multitool
Medium - 4 MK23 mags / speedloader / multitool
Heavy - 5 MWS mags / speedloader / multitool / MK23 mag
There's probably some other configurations, but you get the idea.

Thanks in advance 😄

• Supporters

Check out the warrior assault systems stuff on uktactical, they're a favourite brand amongst Airsofters, high quality gear at a good price.

They've got 2 or 3 different type of belt, all will hold up and take some abuse

Have you got a moment to talk about our lord and saviour One Tigris? 😁

Depends on the style you want, I assume form the title (but not the body) you're after a belt?
You could get a large battlebelt with molle to hold endless amounts of kit.
You can get duty belts to do more or less the same but in a much much smaller package (less load though).
And more and more we're seeing riggers belts (more made like duty belts) with small amounts of molle on them too.

I myself have a Helikon Security Belt (duty belt), very sturdy, fairly cheap and comes with an inner velcro belt (god send for duty belts).
I hold my pistol holster, 1 pistol Taco, 2 x M4 Fast Mag pouches (single stack beside each other), TRMR Kydex holster, and a Dump pouch.
Fully loaded it has some weight of course, especially with GBBR M4 mags, but it doesn't ride around much, and if seated right (some modification and personally I like zip ties) nothing moves about and it's just enough for CQB style I play.

Again depends on your play style, how much kit you need also.
Do keep in mind a fully loaded battle belt (or even duty) can get in the way of movability if you have a fully loaded (or even just large) Plate Carrier.

I run a JPC with elastic sides (no mags in them also) so I can run anything on my belt with total manoeuvrability.

And as much as one may like their realsteel Crye or die loadout, it's down to what works, what your budget is, and at the end of the day, it's holding  a light weight toy mag.
However saying that I like to spend a little on the load bearing items, and then the less load bearing i.e. mag pouches - I cheap out on.

Hope the above helped.

Quick brand for general gear run down bellow for your interest:

TMC - Crye Clone, made VERY well and almost the same as Crye.

Emerson - Chinese clone company, cheap, cheap, works

8Fields - Same as Emerson, but personally I have seen better quality and design from them (I run 8Fields JPC)
FMA - Very cheap chinese brand, low quality, but if the item isn't hitting walls or doing hard work, it'll be fine.

OneTigris - Basically 8Fields with a bumped price.

Condor - Cheap, but you may find a gem among the mud

Viper - Cheap up priced clones, however they do good pouches and less load bearing items. 

Nuprol - Viper 2.0 basically.

Warrior Assault Systems - The bridge between Airsoft and Real steel (Cheap for what it is, and it is a monster)

5.11 Tactical - RealSteel hella overpriced

Semapo - RealSteel ish hella overpriced

Crye - RealSteel - High priced (note not overpriced as their kit is another frigging level of good)

Helikon - Can't comment on realsteel or not, but they are solid and fairly cheap

TacticalTailor - lil pricey but GREAT duty belts

• Supporters

Don’t forget Blackhawk! I have one and it’s one of the comfiest belts I’ve worn , stick a H harness on it and if you wanted you could load it up with as much crap as you like and it still sits true . 

If you are on a budget (who isn’t these days !) I can highly recommend the 8Fields kit , I have a shed load of it now , used to be a big time Blackhawk! Fan (still am) but you can put an entire rig together with the 8 kit for under £30 from TG ! So a no brainer really ! 😁

Oops, can't believe I missed that one of all the ones to miss (probably some other mentionable ones, but the above are most common) +1 for blackhawk.

Onetigris is just cheap shite at a premium price. 

I run this https://frv-tailoring.myshopify.com/collections/belts/products/multicam-shooters-belt 

its a frv shooters belt. It consists of a Velcro belt that you thread through your trousers and then the shooters belt is then applied over it. That way it doesn’t rotate. Quality is outstanding. I run mine with a WAS leg panel if I cba with the RPC. Has molle all over but it’s also nice and low profile. 

585B0622-6F1F-4518-B002-0A2D81733CEE.jpeg

Cheap? Nah. Budget? Yes.

Better than Viper by a mile. They also have more variation in their range. But then I'm not gonna waste my time arguing the benefits of spending 4 times that on stuff worse quality than military issue.

Always wondered why forces guys praise cheap Chinese shite cos it's better built than Hoo-Ra US of Gay shite. 

/hides

4 minutes ago, Duff said:

Cheap? Nah. Budget? Yes.

Better than Viper by a mile. They also have more variation in their range. But then I'm not gonna waste my time arguing the benefits of spending 4 times that on stuff worse quality than military issue.

Always wondered why forces guys praise cheap Chinese shite cos it's better built than Hoo-Ra US of Gay shite. 

/hides

Perhaps down to "genuine issued gear" =/= good gear.
Take British forces items for instance, my mate always complained about PMC's with all the cool kit, and he was stuck with issued.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Duff said:

Better than Viper by a mile. 

Not much of an endorsement , a length of garden string and a couple of poundstretcher carrier bags would be better than a viper belt kit ! 🤦‍♂️

😂😂

11 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Not much of an endorsement , a length of garden string and a couple of poundstretcher carrier bags would be better than a viper belt kit ! 🤦‍♂️

😂😂

We all gotta start somewhere mate. Compo had the string trouser-belt look for years.

Are you honestly suggesting that an 8fields rebrand is as good as WAS? I’ve had Chinese stuff before, and while they do the job, they’re nowhere near the quality. That and I’d struggle to believe someone with a onetigris affiliate thing in their sig to have a non-biased view. 

All anyone has to work out is can you justify the price. Is WAS £xx better than Chinese stuff. I have an 8fields plate carrier. Works perfectly fine but the finish made it uncomfortable and itch a little where bits of webbing and stitching wasn’t the best. For me, the WAS stuff was worth the price because it fixed those issues and had features the 8fields one didn’t.. but at the same time, I can’t see the justification for Crye stuff. It’s better, but to me the extra £££ doesn’t equate to the bump in quality. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Duff said:

We all gotta start somewhere mate. Compo had the string trouser-belt look for years.

And worked it like rock star ! 

Just now, Wo1f said:

Are you honestly suggesting that an 8fields rebrand is as good as WAS? I’ve had Chinese stuff before, and while they do the job, they’re nowhere near the quality. That and I’d struggle to believe someone with a onetigris affiliate thing in their sig to have a non-biased view. 

All anyone has to work out is can you justify the price. Is WAS £xx better than Chinese stuff. I have an 8fields plate carrier. Works perfectly fine but the finish made it uncomfortable and itch a little where bits of webbing and stitching wasn’t the best. For me, the WAS stuff was worth the price because it fixed those issues and had features the 8fields one didn’t.. but at the same time, I can’t see the justification for Crye stuff. It’s better, but to me the extra £££ doesn’t equate to the bump in quality. 

rmpe3Q7.gif

:D🖤

You do realise the One Tigris affiliate programme is a joke right?

Not ‘triggered’ at all lol. If the OP is complaining about Chinese shit, why recommend more Chinese shit 😂

with the weight and expense of gas mags, I’d want to be sure of what I strapped them to. Comfort is a big deal for me too. Because my loadout is pretty heavy, the nicer kit makes a difference. 

Just now, Wo1f said:

Not ‘triggered’ at all lol. If the OP is complaining about Chinese shit, why recommend more Chinese shit 😂

I get what you mean, I was just offering up some solid Chinese brands, unlike Condor being pretty "meh".

But my idea was giving a basic run down of what knowledge I had on some items.

At the end of the day if it hold well and in budget with good comfort, everything's a solid option (not condor)! :)

24 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

with the weight and expense of gas mags, I’d want to be sure of what I strapped them to. Comfort is a big deal for me too. Because my loadout is pretty heavy, the nicer kit makes a difference. 

It's a fuckin joke mate Jeebus H Cristmas tree!

AIRSAFT GER IS SRS BIDNZ

It isn't "shit" by any lengths of the imagination. Not a single piece of my gear has had a split seem or random thread or tear on it whatsoever.  Obviously my experience and opinion is superceded by yours because you spent more money on your gear.....

@SCAR_Jester I know mate. I’m just poking fun at Duff 😂

It’s not me being a gear whore either. I use my Emerson trousers as much as my clawgear ones. If you’re using AEG’s, which I’d say is 95% of players, the TMC and other clone stuff is great because hi/midcaps aren’t so hard on everything because they’re nice and light. I think the mws mags me and sonofsammo use are half a kg each. 

5 minutes ago, Duff said:

It's a fuckin joke mate Jeebus H Cristmas tree!

AIRSAFT GER IS SRS BIDNZ

You’re very touchy 😂

6E0557D7-6992-4705-ADA5-9FA2E3894D29.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

@SCAR_Jester I know mate. I’m just poking fun at Duff 😂

It’s not me being a gear whore either. I use my Emerson trousers as much as my clawgear ones. If you’re using AEG’s, which I’d say is 95% of players, the TMC and other clone stuff is great because hi/midcaps aren’t so hard on everything because they’re nice and light. I think the mws mags me and sonofsammo use are half a kg each. 

You’re very touchy 😂

6E0557D7-6992-4705-ADA5-9FA2E3894D29.jpeg

Nah I know you got it mate I was just going along with it, know your posts well enough by now to know when your opinion is just that, we all good.

As for ingrish, I type et wen i ken finna et

I like the Flyye gear myself, very durable, absolutely reproduction (not real steel) but made to a high standard. What I don't get though is how shops in the UK can sell Flyye gear for £180 but shops in HK sell it for $130. I love Flyye, all of my pouches and my PC are Flyye, but I imported it all (tax free - by luck/geography - and the shop marking a $500 package at $30 value).

• Supporters
4 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Well, I have to say I'm unimpressed.
Bought 2nd hand, so not sure how much it's been used, but I've played three games with it and the stitching has started coming undone on one side.

Sorry to hear that, it wasn't used very much at all. 

I've replaced mine with one of these now: https://www.hueys.co.uk/epages/es151784.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es151784/Products/"OPS Dring Warrior Cobra CB"

Similar to the FRV shooters belt linked earlier but y'know...laser cut.

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Sorry to hear that, it wasn't used very much at all. 

No worries dude - would have probably been fine if I only used AEG mags.
The WAS pouches I have are awesome - absolute pleasure to use!
So I guess I 'm just going to have to suck it up and get a WAS belt....

• Supporters
1 minute ago, sonofsammo said:

Worth having a look at the OPS belt too. Bit more low profile.

4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

My WAS belt is arriving tomorrow, it’s the PLB utility kit, so if you want to know anything just ask. 

8 minutes ago, E21A said:

My WAS belt is arriving tomorrow, it’s the PLB utility kit, so if you want to know anything just ask. 

I’d be interested in hearing what you thought of it. I’ve been considering one for a low profile sniper setup without a PC. 

Archived