Airsoft Forums UK

Interesting/unique GBBRs?

MILITATED
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right, so I sold all my guns and it feels weird (basically, I want another).

However, I am stuck for choice. I usually like the more unique, interesting or obscure guns, do you have any recommendations or favourites which may fall into this category? As per the title, it must be a gas blowback, not AEG. Preferably one that also had a lot of customisation available (that is the most enjoyable aspect of airsoft for me).

So far, I have had (for at least a month):

*6x KWA Kriss Vectors (various builds)

2x Umarex/VFC HK G28

Umarex/VFC HK417

ARES DSR-1

*GHK/Ratech M4 (built from ground up)

GHK M4 (standard)

GHK AK74MN

GHK G5

*ASG/KWA MP9

3x WE KAC PDWs

WE HK416

WE SCAR H

3x Umarex/KWA MK23s

3x TM G17 (2x RWA Agency Arms versions)

TM G18C

WE G17

WE G18C

* marked ones were the favourites which I regret selling - MP9 was especially cool.

I am sure I am forgetting some (it is 05:20 am) and there are a few others but I won't mention as I owned them for about a week or so before selling them, usually for being absolutely crap.

From owning the above, I have realised that I much prefer shorter, lighter and generally more CQB oriented guns. That being said, I do like DMR/sniper length stuff like the G28 or DSR-1, but just find them impractical.

So, are there any guns that I may find of interest that you may know of? 🤔

Not particularly a fan of bullpups, especially the L85 series (I find them rather unappealing aesthetically).

I was contemplating a (very expensive) TM MWS SBR custom build, but it would still just be an AR afterall. Also thought about an ACR/Masada (I only got to play with a WE MSK briefly). The WE M14 crossed my mind too but isn't exactly short, nor light.

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, M_P said:

WE MSK (ACR) could be an option or GHK made an AUG, or how about an MP7

WE MSK is definitely a strong contender and I especially love the ACR stock (had one on my SCAR H).

Love GHK but not bullpups unfortunately (wish GHK made a wider range of guns!).

MP7 is an excellent suggestion (Reminds me of the good old days of Call of Duty 😆), but never know which to get between the VFC, TM, WE or KWA (unsure which is 1:1 scale, which has full travel bolt, most reliable, etc).

Edit: It seems the MSK has been discontinued and is a PITA to find in stock

Mws is a boring m4, but the m4 is the barbie doll of airsoft. You can do whatever with it. Might not be the coolest, but it’s most definitely the best performing. 

Always wanted an acr, but I’ve seen nothing but issues with WE’s ACR. They don’t seem to cycle properly. That and their m4 mags don’t seem to like anything other than a hot day. If you were to get one, the PTS would be a better option. 

I just sold an RA tech m14 Ebr. If you want short and light, you don’t want one. With a scope and mag you’re looking at 17ish lbs. it’s most certainly not cqb friendly lol. 

Mp7 wise.. the WE and the VFC are the only full scale ones. The VFC is absolutely dire. If you can empty a mag I would be amazed. The WE is a touch better. I owned one for a week and sold it on. If you were to buy this, and mod it, the bucking is vsr style, but the locking tab is on the front, not the back of the nub, so if you bought an aftermarket one you’d have to cut it off. 

The kwa and the TM is smaller but much more popular. The TM has a full travel bolt and harder kick. The kwa is short stroked so it has a quicker rate of fire if that’s your thing. I hate kwa hop ups so I’d never own one. The TM shoots amazingly. You can put some .25 tracers in it and have fun in cqb or .36’s and hit people 60m away in woodland. I believe @Davegolf had both, so he can probably tell you more. 

If youre willing to wait, TM are releasing a type 89 gbbr and GHK are releasing a Sig 533? (The Sig being nice and short)

in terms of sniper rifles.. vfc’s M40a5 is very good.

theres a KWA?🤮 Tavor coming out soon and a VFC G3 too. 

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there @Wo1f!

I managed to find a WE MSK and a couple of potential fixes to the issues they inherently seem to have. If all else fails, I am sure it will make a nice wall hanger 😂 WE sure do have a wide variety but it is just a shame they aren't too good. I suspect the MSK will also require aftermarket internals to actually do anything that it is supposed to.

I am definitely keeping an eye on GHK's recent activities, that is for sure.

The MSK didn't set me back too much, so I may also still be able to look into something like an Mp7 in the meantime. Thank you!

14 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there @Wo1f!

I managed to find a WE MSK and a couple of potential fixes to the issues they inherently seem to have. If all else fails, I am sure it will make a nice wall hanger 😂 WE sure do have a wide variety but it is just a shame they aren't too good. I suspect the MSK will also require aftermarket internals to actually do anything that it is supposed to.

I am definitely keeping an eye on GHK's recent activities, that is for sure.

The MSK didn't set me back too much, so I may also still be able to look into something like an Mp7 in the meantime. Thank you!

No worries!

I like WE. Their performance is usually dictated by their mag. I LOVE the scar H. Their g36c is arguably the best cheap gbbr you can buy and the mp5 is gorgeous. SVD had a properly violent kick but the magazine well tolerance let it down. FPS deviation of 100 between shots is not in the realms of being acceptable acceptable. Easiest way of saying it is if it takes an m4 mag or an AK variant leave it alone (in terms of skirmishability) 

while i have a vendetta against the kwa hop up, the vz61 is a very cool little machine pistol. 

With regards to the CQB side of your requirements / taste - performance wise you wont beat the TM MP7, the controls all feel amazing, its very crisp, only requires the minimal amount of mods to maximise it, that being range/accuracy and cycle speed, if you can put aside its unrealistic size.

It will easily shoot as well, and as far as a TM MWS @330 fps, the MP7 is only let down by its gas capacity, you may get 1.5 mags out of a charge whereas the MWS for example would do twice that easy.

Likewise though looking at youre * marked guns, you make an M4 into anything, again the MWS is solid.

What was your M4 GHK build, got spec / pics?

16 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Likewise though looking at youre * marked guns, you make an M4 into anything, again the MWS is solid.

What was your M4 GHK build, got spec / pics?

Seeing this picture always makes me wanna build another 😓

Here is the parts list from when I sold it:

RATech receiver 
New Age ejection port cover 
New Age Forward assist 
Hephaestus flat trigger 
Spear arms ambi fire selector 
Magpul fixed MOE Carbine  
Magpul PRS extended pad 
Magpul MOE pistol grip 
Magpul Enchanced trigger guard 
SVOBODA front end (KAC AAC URX 3.0 Rail, steel outer barrel, gas block, gas tube, KAC AAC steel flash hider)
Magpul PTS m4-2000 suppressor 
DYTAC URX covers
Xtm handstop 
RATech steel bolt  
GHK 1j nozzle 
Elcan SpectreDR w/ Docter sight
RATech magic body pin 
Element PEQ 15
MP7 sights
Other GHK externals (buffer tube, mag release, FCG etc) 
Samoon bilateral charging handle 
FGA heavy buffer 
FGA recoil spring  
RATech winter spring 
PDI 6.05 375mm inner 
Madbull blue bucking 
GHK G5 magazine
GHK GMAG x3
Magpul ranger plates x3

I also had a 3D printed aluminium Seekins style bolt release, but that turned up a week after I sold the M4 (forgot I had ordered it from the US).

Agreed again @Wo1f, the SCAR H magazines were immensely good! I am hoping the WE MSK/Pmags are better than the average STANAG, but I severely doubt it.

20171203_102724.jpg

That’s beautiful! I had an RA tech forged receiver on one of mine. It was a bare metal one and needed some sanding to make it fit but it was bloody tough. I could have hammered in nails with that receiver. 

Im afraid they’re not. That being said, maybe WE fixed the ACR in later production runs. Ive found running mapp gas and then dialling down the FPS with restrictor discs will bump the usability up. Have you seen the new magnetic locking, adjustable nozzles for some WE guns? 

4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

That’s beautiful! I had an RA tech forged receiver on one of mine. It was a bare metal one and needed some sanding to make it fit but it was bloody tough. I could have hammered in nails with that receiver. 

Im afraid they’re not. That being said, maybe WE fixed the ACR in later production runs. Ive found running mapp gas and then dialling down the FPS with restrictor discs will bump the usability up. Have you seen the new magnetic locking, adjustable nozzles for some WE guns? 

I was lucky with my receiver set, it was a direct drop in for everything with no modification, but I heard of many others having issues. RATech's tolerances must be all over the place! I was looking at their MSK trigger box to be honest.

I have not seen those nozzles but that sounds incredibly interesting! Bloody hoping this thing works, seems hit and miss from the YouTube videos

I actually quite enjoyed the whole making it fit, but i like GHK’s specifically for working on. I’d be made up if I could just build them all day 😂 if I ever want another GHK m4 it will be bought in a bag of bits lol. 

Im under the impression that their trigger boxes aren’t bad, but the problem with steel components is it will then eat through the bolt. The last thing you want is a steel bolt in a gun with potential cycling issues. The GHK for example.. everything is steel, so it’s all good. 

http://en.ratech.com.tw/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1802:rag-we-232&catid=27&Itemid=119

25 minutes ago, Lozart said:

@BigBlackGlock how about the Hephaestus HTS-14? That's pretty unusual...

Not a fan of bullpups unfortunately but I agree, it is most definitely unusual 😅

I have secured the MSK and have purchased a CQB barrel setup, here's to hoping it works! Now just need to get a few more WE MSK/Pmags. Also, attachments 🤔

Archived