What have I actually been sold?

Hoozy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I recently bought what was described as a used JG Bar-10. It was wrapped up in ghillie and camo wrap and when I got home and removed it all to clean it up and do some upgrades and maintainence I found the plastic stock was bright orange. 

I help but think I’ve been sold something  other than a JG Bar-10.. 

I’m not sure if this is the same on a genuine Bar-10 but after removing the rubber buttplate the inside of the stock isn’t hollowed out.

Also there is a hole in the outer barrel where the front sight sits in. I can’t find any evidence of such a hole on a genuine bar-10. 

Can anyone confirm what I’ve actually purchased and put my worries to bed? 

P.S. It chronos in at 380fps w/ .20g bb’s.

921E7EAB-0D25-437C-82FC-A27246142824.jpeg

2B5DBDCF-A6C3-401C-9E4B-5096BA18931D.jpeg

1F9B848B-19E6-4588-B26B-2A50DFDFF8B3.jpeg

Can you post a wide pic of it without any of the ghillie shit on it!?

Looks legit from this picture comparing it to other online stock photos.

Best bet would be to find another owner to look at it in person, maybe to compare the two.

14 minutes ago, Hoozy said:

I’ve been researching and I’ve come to believe it’s possibly a HFC VSR-11

Gave it an extensive Google. Very difficult to tell those two apart by low res pictures alone. I suppose best way to know is maybe internals?

4 minutes ago, Hoozy said:

I’m pretty confident from the plastic stock alone that it’s a HFC. Either way *most* VSR upgrade parts should fit this clone rifle.

Still not nice someone has potentially conned you. 

• Supporters

Playing Devils advocate there’s not a great deal of diffrence in price (if you’d thought you were buying a TM and got a Ying tong po instead big difference ?) there both VSR clones , did the seller buy it new or was it 2nd hand to them and did they know it mite not be a JG ? 

I've got a BAR-10, it looks very much the same except for the OD finish, and mine doesn't have front irons. Bright orange stock doesn't really mean anything, other than it was sold as an IF instead of a RIF.

• Root Admin

JG BAR receivers are marked as such on the receiver. If it's not got those markings, it's likely an HFC one as other have said - makes sense as they're the third most popular in the UK for the VSRs (TM -> JG -> HFC).

Archived