storing co2 pistol mags

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

im aware with green gas mags that its best to store with some pressure maintained within the mag, but what of co2 mags.  do you empty the cartridge or leave it in?  whats best for the seals?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

so, in opening tabs i posted this in the wrong section, please can it be moved to the gas gun help section

If the capsule is empty I take it out but if there is some left in I leave it in. I normally leave one mag without a capsule in it purely because you're normally required to put a fresh one in at chrono (at the Mall at least.) But I will put all fresh ones in before play anyway, I believe it's best to leave them in to keep the seals under pressure or something but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, kasaran said:

im aware with green gas mags that its best to store with some pressure maintained within the mag, but what of co2 mags.  do you empty the cartridge or leave it in?  whats best for the seals?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

so, in opening tabs i posted this in the wrong section, please can it be moved to the gas gun help section

This is one of those things where people have their own ways and views but I'm my opinion and most others is, if it's a standard co2 magazine, Not leaving  co2 in for long periods of time in storage is best for the seals mate, as the seal can get indents (and become co2 brand fussy) and dry can up and can cause issues. I have a video in my library showing and explain all this and more, I'll share it here late evening or tomorrow for you. 

ATB Marc 

• Supporters

i dont know but i'd like to, my green gas mags can provably hold a full gas charge for 6 months while my co2 mags can maybe manage 6 minutes, on a good day.

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i dont know but i'd like to, my green gas mags can provably hold a full gas charge for 6 months while my co2 mags can maybe manage 6 minutes, on a good day.

Your seals are likely fucked then mate.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Duff said:

Your seals are likely fucked then mate.

yep, thing is i know both pistols are roughly the same age (technically the sig is the older gun).

i have found a bit of heavier weight silicon oil in the valve seems to help, although i had one die today so plainly not a permanent fix.

the gun shoots terrible even when it is working, so i suppose it's no big loss. i'd get rid of it but then i know the sig would stop working :P

9 hours ago, kasaran said:

ill pm you my video as it also contains airguns and this forum does not allow them..

ATB, Marc..

11 hours ago, Marc.RG1 said:

ill pm you my video as it also contains airguns and this forum does not allow them..

ATB, Marc..

Send it this way too please Marc I'd be interested to give it a looky look!

Hi guys, if you click my dailymotion link it will be the latest video I uploaded to that, its an old video of mine but I'm just uploading the videos as and when needed.. If you can't find it though let me know. 👍 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Marc.RG1 said:

Hi guys, if you click my dailymotion link it will be the latest video I uploaded to that, its an old video of mine but I'm just uploading the videos as and when needed.. If you can't find it though let me know. 👍 

found it ok, some interesting points, i'll give it a go and see if it improves things.

Archived