FPS?

walshy155
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

not too much less, like 20 fps less? my guess

um yeah a bit, your choice on the gun, but as some of us have said on the forums before, BE are NOT a very good make at all! what are you going to use it for?

um yeah a bit, your choice on the gun, but as some of us have said on the forums before, BE are NOT a very good make at all! what are you going to use it for?

Shooting out the back garden.

Was going to buy a sniper, but I thought a AEG would be better, what FPS would you say this gun really kicks out?

oh well i failed at the guess, sorry mate :lol: but dave has pretty much got it right, also if it is just in the garden you might as well get a spring L85 or something from airsoft world

it will theoretically fire at 290fps with .2's

but obviously, with a heavier BB you need more hop up, so reduce that with usable hop up to somewhere around the 250 mark.

The admin of this site said I could put a better spring in it, because it's TM compatible, he said anything up to 328FPS will be OK, and it wont strain the gearbox.

So an m90 or a m100 spring can be put in this gun?

I just want a gun that isn't weak as ***t, at point blank will this gun puncture a can?

WOW I didn't know 240 would go through a can, my last questions are:

The gun has a 9.6volt battery pack, when you say ROF will suffer, how badly?

Also can I take off the fake scope, and leave it off?

Or can I put a rail on there some how like a G36C?

I also have experience with electronics, so I might put a 14v battery on there with a m100 spring, to experiment.

I have an old 10x50 viewfinder from my fathers 12" orion scope, I could put that on there lol.

10x closer viewing...

• Supporters

don't know how badly, if the battery has a high discharge rate, probably not too badly, if it has a low one (chances are this is the case) it will suffer. reduce ROF by maybe 150 RPM

yes

yes

for the love of god and all that is holy dont. you WILL ruin either/all of: The trigger contacts, the motor, the gears, the piston.

yes, but it will be almost unusable due to excessive magnification

don't know how badly, if the battery has a high discharge rate, probably not too badly, if it has a low one (chances are this is the case) it will suffer. reduce ROF by maybe 150 RPM

yes

yes

for the love of god and all that is holy dont. you WILL ruin either/all of: The trigger contacts, the motor, the gears, the piston.

yes, but it will be almost unusable due to excessive magnification

HaHa thanks for answering mate, I'll just put a m100 in there like you said :)

• AF-UK Founding Member
The admin of this site said I could put a better spring in it, because it's TM compatible, he said anything up to 328FPS will be OK, and it wont strain the gearbox.

Actually I said that you can just put in a different spring to increase FPS. You didn't tell me anything about what it was for.

If you're just messing around in the back garden I wouldn't bother messing around with the gun at all, it's not like you need it to be anything special and there won't be much you can do to it without ruining it anyway.

Actually I said that you can just put in a different spring to increase FPS. You didn't tell me anything about what it was for.

If you're just messing around in the back garden I wouldn't bother messing around with the gun at all, it's not like you need it to be anything special and there won't be much you can do to it without ruining it anyway.

OK Thanks.

Because this gun, I thought is was weak. So I wanted to upgrade the spring to get more power I'm not having battle I just want something to shoot with.

Probably best to leave it as it is as the others said and just stick to the .12g BB's as if your only using it as a back yard plinker theres no point spending extra for the BB's. Also a 14v battery will tear that gun to peices. Even most high grade guns would struggle with that :lol:

Different weights will effect the FPS, usually not too dramatically. Using heavier BBs to pass a crono is frowned upon at most sights.

• Supporters

different weights can affect the FPS quite drastically actually. and any well run site will give you an instant ban for trying to pass a chrono with heavier BB's.

Sites chrono the gun not to see how fast the BB is travelling, but to see how much energy it has.

a .2 gram BB flying at 328fps has exactly 1 joule. this is similar to a tennis ball falling from 1 metre IIRC.

most sites allow the 350fps as it is a nice easy round number that allows guns to have more than 1 joule (I would also assume the insurance covers upto this)

If you use a .4 gram BB in a rifle firing at 1 joule, it will be travelling at rounghly half the speed as a .2 from the sam gun, IE:

328/2=164 fps

but this still has the same amount of energy (and will actually carry that energy for further)

in the same way if you use .4 gram BB's in a rifle and it shoots 328 fps with .4's to pass the site chrono, you actually have a rifle firing at 2 joules, this is the same as a .2 gram flying at 656fps

as it has twice the energy it will deliver twice as much energy (more or less) to the target at the same range. this means twice the hurt, OR if it hits your teeth, twice the damage.

THAT is why sites chrono your gun, not to check speeds, but to check energy levels.

Archived