Tippmann M4 hop up query

MisterG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been looking around at what needs doing for the TDC mod, but am confused. 

Mine is meant to be stock, but from vids I have seen, the pusher on the left (from small parts kit) interacts with the hop up screw.

However when I took the gun apart earlier today the bit on the right was where I would have expected the pusher to go. 

Is this some kind of mod? It looks a lot like the TDC mod videos.  If it is already part modded, do I just need to glue a bit of rubber on the end?

Cheers

G

P1040109.JPG

HI,

Looks like its part modded. The part on the right just pushes down from the top of the receiver when tightened down if thats where it was located? (usually in a threaded sleeve)

Has the side adjustment one been removed as that would interact with the standard unit as shown on the left. (hole in unit and tab on one end)

Theres a video on youtube showing some guy with a load of tdc mods of which he has attached rubber to the end of the tdc adjuster, but i can't remember it! (amped airsoft?)

5 hours ago, sjhirst said:

HI,

Looks like its part modded. The part on the right just pushes down from the top of the receiver when tightened down if thats where it was located?

Has the side adjustment one been removed as that would interact with the standard unit as shown on the left. (hole in unit and tab on one end)

Theres a video on youtube showing some guy with a load of tdc mods of which he has attached rubber to the end of the tdc adjuster, but i can't remember it! (amped airsoft?)

Hi, thanks.

Yes that's right, the part on the right pushes down from the top of the receiver and makes contact with the bucking, it needs to be screwed down.

The side adjustment screw is still in place, but was going to remvove it, as it may damage the tread on the replacement hop up screw, as the other part is scewed in, didn't see a need for it.

I've seen a few vids on the process, which was why I thought is was already more or less there.  I even have the link to the rubber pad on eBay, in one vid they just used a hole puch to cut out a rubber pad.

The bucking itself looks ok, aside from where the metal bit was poking it (bit deformed) was wondering if it was worth trying to flat hop with it. 

I also have a new one from the parts kit, but if a G&G green is much better, might get one of those down the line.

Cheers

G

Hi,

Yeah I've seen a fair few people just making their own nub and gluing it on the end of the adjuster.

flat hopping i never tried, but the  G & G green was a recommended replacement.

What sort of range do you get with yours?

Can't get my G36C working in time, so will have to use that tomorrow.

Cheer

G

Sadly, I no longer have the Tippmann. something I regret now!

The range was good, but I also fitted a wide bore barrel and it just didn't like it.

that is a mod screw that goes in a brass threaded ferule held in place by the original pointed hop screw. It is normal to have a very short piece of silicone rubber glued to the end or a longer piece about 5mm long loose fitted into the hop hole in the bottom of the hole where the mod is fitted. I prefer the loose length as it does not try to twist the bucking. If you use the screw on its own it point loads and does not give enough. I bought a meter of the silicon rubber on ebay.

I was getting 40m plus today with .28 BBs, but I'm sure there there is room for improvement.

Did you get a sheet of silicone rubber and cut a 5mm strip, or was it something more like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metric-Black-Rubber-O-Ring-Material-Sold-Per-Metre-1-4mm-To-8-4mm-Thickness/371853949652?hash=item569438fad4:m:mUC7SdVrQR9uguiB5d6VnnQ

Cheers

G

Archived