TM Basic/Cost effective Upgrades

Sawyer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Currently I've got a TM CQBR and TM Scar-L, and I want to eek a little more power from them without delving into the gearboxes and potentially making an awful expensive mess of things.

What sort of FPS/Accuracy gains could I expect to see from different barrels/hop rubbers? Is there anything else anyone can suggest, as the only other internal modification I've done to my CQBR is wiring it to deans and the Scar is bone stock.

Cheers,

Sawyer

FPS gains are negligible without gearbox mods.

Don't get hung up on FPS.

Best bang for buck upgrade that will make a vast improvement is high quality 6.03 SS barrel and R-hop.

I think anyone would be amazed at how far a BB could travel consistently with a tight grouping from a 300fps AEG! :D

I can highly suggest wrapping some PTFE/plumbers tape around the hop rubber and barrel to get a tighter seal. ( wrap it so that it is half and half covering the end of the rubber,  and a bit of barrel- try and wrap smoothly and evenly). :)

Another near free and easy mod which improves accuracy is wrapping your barrel in tape in a barbershop pole style- try and use a tape that makes a snug fit,  if there's a bit of wiggle room try electrical tape,  if already a tighter fit try PTFE tape. Make sure to wrap evenly with no bumps. If the tape isn't quite fitting,  try stretching out the tape as you tightly wind it around, it may even help to lightly grease the outside of the barrel > afterwards! < to help the tape not get bunched up

-You'll be surprised of the performance gains from something so simple.  :)

• Root Admin

Air seal and hop up rubber are two of the best improvements that you can make beyond using heavier ammo. For TM, I'd just leave the bucking alone if it's lifting heavier BBs, however. They do have a habit of performing worse if you don't absolutely know what you're doing.

Archived