What do you fellas do for fuses?

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Thinking about fuses today, want to put one in my gun to protect the Titan, haven’t got much space in the buffer tube, got 2 from Halfords today that are way to big for the buffer tube.

What do you fellas do? Or suggestions?

• Supporters

This I did not know.

41 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

The titan has a digital fuse already. 

Protects from oversurge? Shorts? The whole shebang?

If your Fet (with digital fuse) is a long distance from the power source with potential for pinching or damage to that wiring run then add a fuse as close as possible to the power source.

EG if you get a pinch short pre Fet you will cause a fire / short battery out etc.

• Supporters

What fuse/holder would you recommend?

2 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

If your Fet (with digital fuse) is a long distance from the power source with potential for pinching or damage to that wiring run then add a fuse as close as possible to the power source.

EG if you get a pinch short pre Fet you will cause a fire / short battery out etc.

You should be able to get a mini blade fuse in there, use 2.8mm female blade terminals.

Or you could solder in-line some 12v 30a strip.

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/strip-link-fuses.html

30a is pretty hench, depends what your build is pulling load wise.

Personally a 20 or 25a mini blade should serve any normal AEG.

in all my own gun when converting to deans if theres a fuse i just chop it out and dont bother using them, i mainly run my guns on lipos.. after 6 years of doing this in many guns including mosfet never once had a problem.

Archived